• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Can someone direct me to the Action Replay thread for R/S/E and FR/LG? I need to look up some specific codes.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Can someone direct me to the Action Replay thread for R/S/E and FR/LG? I need to look up some specific codes.

Uh, I don't think we have one anymore. You could always just use supercheats or neoseeker or something. That's where I go. Googling isn't hard. :)

megatyler3

Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Sorry this isn't an easy quick answer question but is it possible to beat elite 4 second time (when they have stronger pokemon) in my bug monotype? (Without cheats or pokemon from ruby/saphire/emerald/firered(that means no syther)) Thanks in advance. And btw ik its not required in UMC but i still wanna do it if its possible

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Sorry this isn't an easy quick answer question but is it possible to beat elite 4 second time (when they have stronger pokemon) in my bug monotype? (Without cheats or pokemon from ruby/saphire/emerald/firered(that means no syther)) Thanks in advance. And btw ik its not required in UMC but i still wanna do it if its possible

In R/S/E the E4 don't get stronger a second time, so you don't have to worry there. In FireRed, Scyther is actually obtainable, while Pinsir isn't. It is of course possible to beat the E4 a second time. I'd recommend using a smaller, over-levelled team that includes Scizor and sleep-inducers.

megatyler3

Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
In R/S/E the E4 don't get stronger a second time, so you don't have to worry there. In FireRed, Scyther is actually obtainable, while Pinsir isn't. It is of course possible to beat the E4 a second time. I'd recommend using a smaller, over-levelled team that includes Scizor and sleep-inducers.

Well first of all i have leafgreen which is why i said no help from firered, after you finish servii islands events elite four has stronger pokemon... Thank you for trying to help though and sorry i wasnt clear

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Well first of all i have leafgreen which is why i said no help from firered, after you finish servii islands events elite four has stronger pokemon... Thank you for trying to help though and sorry i wasnt clear

Sorry, I misread. Pinsir isn't a bad Pokémon to use either. It can learn many ground and fighting type moves to round out coverage. Also Swords Dance and X Speeds can lead to sweeps if you're able to set up on a non-threatening Pokémon/asleep Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2012
Hi, Im just wondering if there is an Action Replay that is compatible with dslite's GBA slot?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This isn't the place to ask. You'll have to Google that. We don't help with Action Replay stuff. You could try going to GameStop and checking, though. I think a DS can check for fakes and unlicensed products with it's GBA slot though, so idk I don't think there is one. I could be wrong, but you'll just have to check elsewhere.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Given your previous question, it appears that you're playing these games on a ROM. I don't believe there's a way to evolve trade critters to their final evolution in this way, but I could be wrong. As Syd mentioned in your other thread, it'd be best to ask someone who's more aware about ROMs in order to answer your question.

If this is a different issue, and you're playing a genuine game, then you need a link cable, as well as another GBA/DS with a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen cartridge. Go to any Pokemon centre and follow the instructions on the second floor, and you should be OK.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
Is My Pokemon Leaf Green Version Messed Up?

I just remembered this right now. In my pokemon leaf green version, I have alread beaten the elite four like 3 times, and the cave where mewtwo lives has never opened. Second off I use to have a venusaur back when I bought the game, and then stoped playing it for like 3 years. After 3 years I played it again and then he was gone. Now third of all on the islands where motres lives, there are two team rocket goons. I have watched walkthroughs and i see that they make a tunnel and leave. That tunnel never appears. So whats up with my game?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I think that's all you need. I usually made an effort to get at least 60 species of Pokemon through the course of the main story so that I could get it immediately after the Pokemon League. That being said, go talk to Oak after you get at least 60 different species in your Dex. Though for Mewtwo, I think you have to have cleared the post-game story and obtained the Ruby and Sapphire (not the games, they're items in the game) to get into Cerulean Cave, though I could be mistaken. Been a long time since I played FRLG actively, haha.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
Years
My Emerald Version Refuses to Boot

Every time I plug in the cartridge, it gets past the gba "ba-ding!" screen, and shows a white screen. It used to work if i warmed the cartridge in my hand a little while, but now it refuses to boot at all. I've cleaned the contacts with 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and a q-tip, nothing works. Do I have to get a new one, (won't be much lost, I was only at the fifth gym) or is there some way to fix this?

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Caught a Ghastly and Cubone, not sure if I should use them or store them.

Ghastly seems more or less the same as Kadabra, only I've had Kadabra much longer so naturally his stats would be better. Eventually I intend to replace Kadabra with Mewtwo anyways, but that's a long ways off.

Cubone it strikes me will be effective for each of the three gyms I still have to deal with (Koga, Giovanni, and Blaine), which should lead to a lot of leveling up and a pretty beastly marowack, but given that I've already got an Onix who I intend to keep around, I'm not sure I should bother.

And ideas? Thanks in advance.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Caught a Ghastly and Cubone, not sure if I should use them or store them.

Ghastly seems more or less the same as Kadabra, only I've had Kadabra much longer so naturally his stats would be better. Eventually I intend to replace Kadabra with Mewtwo anyways, but that's a long ways off.

Cubone it strikes me will be effective for each of the three gyms I still have to deal with (Koga, Giovanni, and Blaine), which should lead to a lot of leveling up and a pretty beastly marowack, but given that I've already got an Onix who I intend to keep around, I'm not sure I should bother.

And ideas? Thanks in advance.

You haven't listed a specific game. So I'll cover both to the best of my ability.

RBY

Stick with KADABRA his psychic moves deal with NORMAL and FIGHTING types with ease. And his moves are just powerful to begin with.

______

Stick with ONIX, his defense is hella high where I would assume CUBONE is more squishy. However, I believe WATER and GRASS-Types may have an easier time with ONIX due to his 4x weakness to both.

FRLG

Still stick with KADABRA, the only thing that's going to beat KADABRA with ease (with the exception of a powerful first strike from a physical move.) is DARK-Types and they are few and far between in the remakes of RBY.

_____

See the RBY answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back