• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Fanclub!

Honest

Hi!
Years
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the Professional Wrestling Fanclub (PWF!). This club is open to anyone and everyone who enjoys watching professional wrestling, be it the top names (World Wrestling Entertainment, Impact!) to the lesser, but still great buisnesses such as Ring of Honor and Chikara(okay, the last one's questionable).

I'm your main man Dipu, and I'll be making sure things run smoothly here. I'll be doing a bunch of little things here if we get enough people, such as question of the week, PPV coverage, and the like. I'll also provide links to site such as TJRwrestling.com, simply cause I've been a follower of Big Johnny for ages now (John Canton, the guy who "owns" the site", not Johnny Ace)

I wanna join! How do I join?

I admire your enthusiasm. You wanna join? Simply answer the following questionnaire, and if it's good, you're in!

Entry Questionnare:
-What wrestling business do you watch most?
-Who is your favorite wrestler?
-What is your favorite finisher (include the person(s) who uses it!)
-Favorite match?

What goes on in this club?

Good question! As I said earlier, there shall be PPV coverage, and perhaps coverage of the regular show as well. Definitely a recap and personal though bit. Also, if we get more people, I'll assign people to follow a certain show (Raw, Smackdown, Impact, etc). Personally, I'm more of a WWE follower, though I MIGHT watch TNA again just cause Awesome Aries got the title at Destination X.

Aside from coverage, I'll also be posting news that I obtain from different sites. Warning: I probably will not post anything Twitter related. Such as that whole Scott Steiner fiasco. It bores me to tears. Sorry!

I'll also post a question of the week every Saturday. For fun, of course.

Other tidbits might present themselves in the weeks to follow as I get this thing up and running. But for now, this is what we'll deal with. Cheers!

Members:
-Bloodex[Dipu] (Main club moderator, as of 7/14/12, in charge of... everything)
-Kanto_Johto
-
Baker's Bulbasaur
-Brendino

Last edited:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Entry Questionnare:

-What wrestling business do you watch most? WWE
-Who is your favorite wrestler? Tough call, I have loads of favourites. Either Mick Foley or Ultimate Warrior.
Grapple finisher: F5 (Brock Lesnar)
Turnbuckle finisher: Pheonix Splash (Hayabusa - it's essentially a corkscrew moonsault and a 450 splash combined)
-Favorite match? Again, loads of favourites, but if I had to choose one it'd be Undertaker and Mankind's Hell in a Cell match. That match was pretty brutal. Got to admire Mankind continuing to wrestle with a dislocated shoulder and knocking a tooth out.

Video for those who haven't seen it (warning: since this is wrestling, obviously this video contains forms of violence):

Spoiler:

The second fall that Foley takes through the cell wasn't actually planned as part of the match.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Entry Questionnare:

-What wrestling business do you watch most? WWE
-Who is your favorite wrestler? Tough call, I have loads of favourites. Either Mick Foley or Ultimate Warrior.
Grapple finisher: F5 (Brock Lesnar)
Turnbuckle finisher: Pheonix Splash (Hayabusa - it's essentially a corkscrew moonsault and a 450 splash combined)
-Favorite match? Again, loads of favourites, but if I had to choose one it'd be Undertaker and Mankind's Hell in a Cell match. That match was pretty brutal. Got to admire Mankind continuing to wrestle with a dislocated shoulder and knocking a tooth out.

Video for those who haven't seen it (warning: since this is wrestling, obviously this video contains forms of violence):

Spoiler:

The second fall that Foley takes through the cell wasn't actually planned as part of the match.

Ahhhh, I loved that match. I have the Hell in A Cell DVD, and Foley talked about how he improvised and such. Those thumbtack spots were brutal to watch. =/

Anyway's you're in!

I don't have time right now, but I'll post up a Money in The Bank review as soon as possible. For now, though, and I'm surprised this hasn't been taken down, but here is the ENTIRE PPV on Youtube. Simply click here. Enjoy!

Raw Review 7/16/12
Well, it was episode 999, marking the last 2 hour episode. Gonna miss those. Anyway, this is what happened:

• Opening promo involving CM Punk and Big Show - Punk started off about how he said his famous pipebomb last year right in Las Vegas, which is where they were. [Click here to see the promo. After a big, Show came in, and literally spoke the truth about how the company didn't revolve around Punk, rather "one man". Cena, of coruse, though they never said it. Show went on to warn Punk that after their match later tonight, after he got KTFO, Cena might cash in. Overall, very nice promo
  • Tag Team Championship Match: Kofi & Truth (c) vs The Primtime Players - The champs won after AW tried to help The PTPs by distracting the ref. Sort of surprised the titles got retained. At least the tag team division is sort of flickering back into life, right?
  • Promo involving AJ and DBryan and Eve - Started off with DBryan saying he had something important to say to AJ, but Eve interuppted saying that since DBryan ditched her last week, a new tag team match would happen between AJ and DBryan vs Eve and a partner of her choice.
  • Albtero Del Rio vs Zack Ryder - Del Rio squashed Ryder. Afterwards, Rey Mysterio returned and gave Rio the 619. Looking forward to this fued.
  • Heath Slater vs ...Rikishi! - I like Rikishi. Obviously he squashed Slater. A lot of mementos, especially of his brother Umaga with the Samoan Spike, and of Yokozuna with a Banzai Drop.
    After the math, Riskishi danced with his songs, the Usos. That was amazing.
  • DBryan and AJ vs Even and The Miz - Miz returned at MiTB. It was a short match, with AJ getting the pin with help from DBry. Afterwards, we got a nice surprise. DBry said I love you, which he avoided before, and then did an ACTUAL proposal. Wedding's next week!
  • Swagger vs Ryback - Match never started. Swagger jumped Ryback, and gave all the spots, but Ryback eventually came back and just killed Swagger. Poor dude.
  • Promo involving Dolph and Y2J - AWESOME promo. Started off with Ziggler saying he was gonna be the next champion since he won MitB. Jericho came out, and said nothing. Ziggler talked trash saying Y2J was loosing his touch and eventually got Codebreakered for it. Welcome back, face Jericho.
  • Brodus Clay vs JTG - The usual. I've lost all interest in Clay...
  • Punk vs Show - Good little man/ big man match. Show got himself DQed by shoving the ref. No knockout punch, but he layed Punk out.
  • Post match, Cena came out, and Show was on the side. Show tried to convince Cena to cash in the briefcase. But nope, Cena announced that he was cashing it in next week. The show ended with Cena hitting Show on the head with the case.

Good Raw. Looking forward to next week.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I saw this year's MITB. Honestly, I was slightly disappointed. The Smackdown MITB was incredible even though it was botch galore thanks to Sin Cara and Tensai. Apart from that, the tag team match and diva match were boring as hell, the WHC match and Ryback's match were slightly better but not much, the WWE championship match was actually pretty good, but the Raw MITB was ruined for me thanks to Cena winning. Way too much of a predictable move on WWE's part. Would've been much more interesting if Big Show or Kane had won since they haven't held the WWE title in quite some time.

Not a bad PPV by any means but there's no way I'd recommend buying it on DVD (or Blu-ray if you use them).

Honest

Hi!
Years
Ehhh, I don't know, mate. I thought it was fairly well. Predictable? Definitely. But that doesn't really make it bad, does it? They were good matches, still. Well, most of them. The SD! Ladder Match did have a few botches, although they weren't that. I'm not a Sin Cara hater, so I won't rip on him for the messed up moonsault flip. I recall Tensai messing up at one part, too. But you have to admit there were awesome spots, like Kidd's ladder stunt, I think it was a sunset flip. Had the crowd chanting Holy ****. I agree with everything else, and I do have to admit, the Raw Ladder match was sad. I knew Cena'd win, and I'm not REALLY upset. On the bright side, he's gonna loose it soon, I think. It's gonna be Lesnar vs Rock @ Mania. So I have hope.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Raw Review 23/7/12 (Episode 1000!)

Before my review, I'd just like to say this: what is it with American TV and commercials? There literally must have been about 10 commercial breaks last night. At one point Raw was actually back from a break for 3 minutes before another 5 minute break. It was nuts.

Anyways, review time:

• DX reunion: When HBK and HHH came out for the DX reunion, I was a tad worried that was all we'd see. Then Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and XPac came out and made the reunion as awesome as it possibly could be. Amazing opening to the show.
  • Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and Sheamus vs. Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio: This match wasn't bad but wasn't that great either. The best part was GOOD OL' JR on commentary with Cole and King. Unfortunately this was the only match he called. Really he should have been there for the whole thing.
  • Cole and King with Charlie Sheen on Skype: This was funny at first but got old pretty quickly. By the third time it was just plain annoying.
  • Backstage segment with AJ and Layla: AJ talks about the WWE being unstable and opens her changing room door. Outside is Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Roddy Piper and R-Truth with Little Jimmy, and Mae Young with a grown up version of her son, the Hand. This part made me laugh so much. I can just imagine the kids in the audience who have no idea why Mae was with a man dressed in a hand outfit. Brilliant.
  • Jack Swagger vs. Brodus Clay: Fairly short match, so not a lot I can say, but Dude Love making an appearance and dancing in the ring was pretty nostalgic. Didn't expect Mick to be at the show. His dancing was pretty awful but it was awesome to see that the Dude Love gimmick hadn't been forgotten.
  • Daniel Bryan and AJ "wedding": I didn't care all that much for this, but seeing Slick as the reverend was great. The wedding didn't go as planned for Bryan and AJ was announced by Vince as the new GM of Raw. Was totally not expecting that, so props to WWE for that unpredictable move. Not sure how AJ as GM will pan out though.
  • Rock, Punk and Bryan segment: This was pretty cool. The best part of this was Rock announcing that he would face the WWE champion at the Royal Rumble. Rock vs. CM Punk in a WWE title match? Yes please.
  • WWE Intercontinental Title Match: The Miz vs. Christian: This starts off with Bret Hart as ring announcer and timekeeper, which was pretty cool. The match itself was actually pretty good. Wasn't expecting the title to change hands, but it was great to see Christian hand down the gold.
  • HHH, Stephanie McMahon, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman segment: HHH calls out Lesnar but Heyman comes out instead and turns HHH's challenge down. Stephanie and HHH provoke him and he provokes them, and he changes his answer and accepts the challenge on Lesnar's behalf. Pretty good segment with lots of harsh words.
  • Lita vs. Heath Slater: Obviously Lita won. The best part was the return of the APA and other WWE legends: Animal, Sid, Vader, Rikishi, Sgt. Slaughter, Roddy Piper, Diamond Dallas Page, Doink the Clown and Bob Backlund. Another great match ending despite its shortness. Oh, and of course Ron Simmons said DAMN!
  • Brothers of Destruction return: This part was great to see too. Undertaker and Kane two guys who made Raw great during the attitude era, and Undertake was at the first ever Raw in 1993, so it only made sense for him to make an appearance. When Kane's music hit I was hoping for his classic attire. Oh well, it was still an amazing segment.
  • WWE Title Match: John Cena vs. CM Punk: Overall the match wasn't too great, and the ending didn't seem much better until Rock came out to confront the interfering Big Show. Punk attacking the Rock and turning Heel was a highlight. A great twist that was completely unpredictable.

Pros:
DX reunion
JR makes an appearance
Hilarious backstage segment with Mae Young and the Hand
Dude Love gimmick returns
Rock vs. CM Punk teaser
Intercontinental title match
HHH, Steph, Heyman and Lesnar segment
Lita vs. Heath Slater with the return of APA and legends
Brothers of Destruction reunite/Undertaker returns to Raw for the night

Cons:
Charlie Sheen kept popping up on Skype which became annoying
The wedding segment was stupid. Only saving grace was the announcement of AJ as the new GM
Stone Cold Steve Austin doesn't make an appearance

Overall a good show. I've bolded that last con because I cannot believe that Austin wasn't a part of the show. He should have been booked months in advance for this event, seeing as they hyped it up for about 3 months. How the company's most profitable wrestler in history did not make an appearance is beyond me. It was still a great show though.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Good review, I agree with almost everything. I missed RAW this week, and I'll miss it again for the next three weeks, along with any other show, for that matter. But you made a very thorough review, nice job!

I liked everything except for three things:

-JR not staying for the whole thing. I mean, really? This man is a legend!
-Rock's title match. I have no issue with him having a match, I just expected it to be at Mania via him winning the Rumble. Oh well.
-CM Punk heel turn. Was it smart to turn one of the top faces so early? He's only been a face a year. Imo, he should've stayed face a while longer. But I'm not really complaining, heel Punk is awesome, as shown via last years pipebomb.

Oh, the adult hand part left me dying of laughter. Good to see they remember that.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Watching this weeks Raw found me thinking to myself

Why isn't there a WWE themed section on the forum? Surely there are fans of it out there?

So looking around, I found this little club! =)

Entry Questionnare:
WWE, but I watch TNA every week too, but have watched WWE since I was 10.

1 - CM Punk (Literally, Best In the World)
2 - Daniel Bryan
3 - Chris Jericho
But back in the day it was a cross of either The Rock or Jericho (Obviously still love the latter, but to pick an undisputed first for modern day it's defenitely Punk)

-What is your favorite finisher:
GTS
Crippler Crossface / Yes Lock
Styles Clash

-Favorite match?
Survivor series 2002 - Team WWE VS The Alliance for control of the WWE

30 Minute ultimate Submission Match - Chris Benoit VS Chris Jericho

Money In The Bank (Punks ''Last'' match) cena VS Punk for WWE Title

Could name loads more but I wont xD

Honest

Hi!
Years
Watching this weeks Raw found me thinking to myself

Why isn't there a WWE themed section on the forum? Surely there are fans of it out there?

So looking around, I found this little club! =)

Entry Questionnare:
WWE, but I watch TNA every week too, but have watched WWE since I was 10.

1 - CM Punk (Literally, Best In the World)
2 - Daniel Bryan
3 - Chris Jericho
But back in the day it was a cross of either The Rock or Jericho (Obviously still love the latter, but to pick an undisputed first for modern day it's defenitely Punk)

-What is your favorite finisher:
GTS
Crippler Crossface / Yes Lock
Styles Clash

-Favorite match?
Survivor series 2002 - Team WWE VS The Alliance for control of the WWE

30 Minute ultimate Submission Match - Chris Benoit VS Chris Jericho

Money In The Bank (Punks ''Last'' match) cena VS Punk for WWE Title

Could name loads more but I wont xD

Haha, I thought the same thing before I made this club. And you've been approved! Although I will say this, apparently the Yes Lock's been dubbed the No Lock now, that's what I heard anyway.

I've been missing out on everything wrestling for the last few weeks thanks to commitments. But I heard the 3 hour episodes have been doing well so far. Punk's heel turn is something I'm totally looking forward to.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Smackdown and Raw mostly just annoyed me this week, they are absolutely burying The Miz and Daniel Bryan, arguably one of the best wrestlers and charamatic mic performers the company has ever seen.

Views on this?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Smackdown and Raw mostly just annoyed me this week, they are absolutely burying The Miz and Daniel Bryan, arguably one of the best wrestlers and charamatic mic performers the company has ever seen.

Views on this?
I haven't really been paying too much attention to The Miz mic wise, but I disagree with you completely about Daniel Bryan. He's an incredible mic performer and I really think it's been on the surface for a while now, particularly last week (or the week before? I forget) when he was in the room with that mental examiner and he went mental at the goat picture. That was hilarious.

Paul Heyman is still the absolute best on the mic though. He was godly in the segment with HHH and Stephanie on Raw 1000.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
I haven't really been paying too much attention to The Miz mic wise, but I disagree with you completely about Daniel Bryan. He's an incredible mic performer and I really think it's been on the surface for a while now, particularly last week (or the week before? I forget) when he was in the room with that mental examiner and he went mental at the goat picture. That was hilarious.

Paul Heyman is still the absolute best on the mic though. He was godly in the segment with HHH and Stephanie on Raw 1000.

Disagree with me? I said he was one of the best on the mic =/
Arguably the best overall performer in the company at the moment taking into account Gimmick, Mic skills and Wrestling ability.

Heyman is of course magic on the mic, always has been.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Disagree with me? I said he was one of the best on the mic =/
Arguably the best overall performer in the company at the moment taking into account Gimmick, Mic skills and Wrestling ability.

Heyman is of course magic on the mic, always has been.
No, I meant I disagree that they're burying him because he's had good mic opportunities recently, which is why I used an example from last week/two weeks ago/whenever it was :).

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
No, I meant I disagree that they're burying him because he's had good mic opportunities recently, which is why I used an example from last week/two weeks ago/whenever it was :).

Ah I see!

Thing is, when he won the title, they were continuously making him look weak, I mean I get that they were turning him Heel so getting some cheap victories and running away etc, the usual heel stuff was kinda necessary but they well overdid it, and it's still happening.

Bryans matches with Punk for the title were phenomenal, and infact anyone he had shared the ring with, but they just make him look terrible by constantly making him lose, whether it's Seamus, Cena, whoever. Other then him picking up the pinfall win 2 weeks ago on raw in the 6 man tag match, I can't remember the last time Bryan won a match, it's ridiculous.

I get it's partly to add to his ''Anger Management'' angle, but there's a line ya know...

Honest

Hi!
Years
I've been missing WWE for a few weeks now, due to reasons, but from what I hear, Miz has been going somewhere. They decided to place the IC title on him, and that has to lead somewhere. His match with Christian was pretty good for a TV match, too. Or so I heard.

As for D-Bry, he's been roaring. But there's only one issue I have, and it's not his fault. I don't like how he's gone all NO NO NO. The yes chant's what put him where he is. Why do that?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I'm really loving the direction the WWE is going at the moment, especially with the idea of Rock vs. Punk for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble. My prediction is that Rock will win the title and John Cena will win the Royal Rumble match, which will result in The Rock vs. John Cena II for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania.

If that goes down, I may just have to order Wrestlemania this year. The event will be worth that match alone.

Seriously though, the World Heavyweight Championship match better not be the first match again for the third year running. It didn't work at Wrestlemania 27 and it was a joke at Wrestlemania 28. Especially considering Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus both won the Royal Rumble match, which is supposed to allow whoever wins to headline Wrestlemania.

----------------------------------------

Did you guys see Raw tonight? Jerry Lawler collapsed during the show and Michael Cole was barely able to speak while he was still commentating. After a while WWE decided there would be no commentating for the rest of the night (Cole was probably unable to because he was really shaken up). I wasn't watching but I heard about it online and it made me genuinely scared. I love the King. Apparently he's doing well now, but we'll probably find out more about his health tomorrow.

I really hope he pulls through this.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nooooo. I don't want Chena to win the Rumble. =/ But I think it's inevitable, they are definitely having a rematch at Mania for the title.

As for the HVWT title, I agree, it's really gotta go on later. They made it look so bad at Mania 28. I remember blinking at missing it, seriously.

I saw it, and god, it was scary. Happened during the #1 contenders bout for the Tag titles. Apparently, Jerry had a heart attack. He was revived a number of times backstage, and the worry after that was that there was brain damage.

By the blessing of some higher force, he hasn't gotten any. He's acting and breathing on his own, and can communicate. God bless the man, he really is a fighter.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Lawler was pretty lucky to have the heart attack when he did, with First Aid and the E.M.Ts able to be there seconds after they realised there was a serious problem. If he'd have been at home or in his hotel room he would most likely have died. It's a pretty scary thought.

Glad he's back to being himself with no brain damage. The rumour was that he was dead for 20 minutes. Clearly that can't be true if he's able to walk and talk in the same way he always has. I'm really happy for him and glad he's regaining his health. Long live the King!

Years
Don't know how I managed to miss this before, but I figured I would sign up.

What wrestling business do you watch most?
WWE. I used to watch TNA once and a while, but my TV provider dropped Spike TV, so now I only follow it occassionally through recaps (which is a shame, since I'd love to be able to see Aries' run as champ).

Who is your favorite wrestler?
All time, it would have to be Edge, for too many reasons to name (a certain other Canadian wrestler was 2nd on that list, until that unfortunate June 2007 weekend). Currently, though, it's Daniel Bryan.

What is your favorite finisher (include the person(s) who uses it!)
Can't say as I have one favorite finisher, but I'm always a sucker for a good submission. Currently, I love the No Lock, Anaconda Vise and the Sharpshooter (but only Natalya's- it seems only the Harts can do it properly). I also like Justin Gabriel's 450 Splash, and it was pretty cool to see it live back in January.

Favorite match?
I don't know if I have one favorite match. One of the first ones that comes to mind was Shelton Benjamin vs. Shawn Michaels in 2004-5. That was probably the best match I can ever remember on free TV. Also both of the HBK vs Undertaker matches at Wrestlemania were really good, considering the age of both the guys and the length that the matches went.

---

I was actually at work during Raw this week, but I had recorded it to watch when I got home. I was watching the Lawler/Orton vs. Ziggler/Punk match when my dad told me he read on his phone what had happened to Jerry. There wasn't any real news yet, and I was almost sick to my stomach watching the match. He was so fortunate to be in the position he was, because if he were basically anywhere but at ringside, he wouldn't have made it.

It's incredible to see how fast he's recovering, and that doctors have even said he's healthy enough to get back into the ring in the future (but if I were him, I don't think I would take that chance).

Honest

Hi!
Years
I was actually at work during Raw this week, but I had recorded it to watch when I got home. I was watching the Lawler/Orton vs. Ziggler/Punk match when my dad told me he read on his phone what had happened to Jerry. There wasn't any real news yet, and I was almost sick to my stomach watching the match. He was so fortunate to be in the position he was, because if he were basically anywhere but at ringside, he wouldn't have made it.

It's incredible to see how fast he's recovering, and that doctors have even said he's healthy enough to get back into the ring in the future (but if I were him, I don't think I would take that chance).

You're in buddy, welcome to the club.

Oh man, it must've been worse to have prior knowledge about the scenario before it happened. But it truly is amazing how fast he's recovering. Like what Kanto said, had he been anywhere else, I don't know how lucky he'd be.

Back