• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unapproved challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Matzeho1996, we already have a challenge with a similar premise called the Spelling Challenge. Check the index for it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
VultureQueen, I don't really understand this? The name implies that we're using Pokemon that people bred and threw on Wonder Trade or something, but the premise of the challenge is similar to a Wonderlocke, but with Pokemon having three lives instead of one. I'm not sure what your challenge is trying to be and I can't really approve it without understanding.

seikyo, I have three major issues with this. First, not everyone can transfer. Some people are missing games, some are missing systems, and some are missing cords. Second, you can't transfer from gen II to gen III, and you stated that you must start with a gen I game. By saying gen I, I assume you mean RBYG since FRLG are gen III, even though they're set in Kanto. Lastly, you would be way overpowered by transferring your team to use in the next game, thus ruining the challenge aspect.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
TheSkysFireFox, if you're just posting to see if people like it, try posting about it in CI&D. Only submit your final works to be approved as challenges, please.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
OliveCooper, I'm not really seeing the challenge in this other than not catching Pokemon you caught before. It's basically a montage of all the main games, which not everyone has. While ultimate challenges are optional in most challenge threads here, that's just it...they're optional. This is basically a forced ultimate and it excludes a good chunk of people. Plus, the game is played normally aside from that catching thing. There's not much setting this apart from a regular playthrough.

F0rkified, this seems more like an advertisement for your channel. Plus, although it would break a rule to constitute its own thread, it's so minuscule that I don't really think it needs one. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
TearFaceInc, I don't understand this. Maybe your explanation is just worded badly, but I don't know if this is supposed to be a Wedlocke or a monotype-locke thing, and we already have a Wedlocke. Also, minor nitpick, but rules in spoilers are kind of weird, too. People want to see the rules right off the bat, not have to click through two or three spoilers.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
EggLockeGBH, please don't use this forum to advertise your channel...or whatever that is you're trying to link to.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
blatt17, you can ask for help on choosing a game in the Nuzlocke thread itself or in CI&D.

Voltz, these all seem like optional rules you could add on to a regular Nuzlocke challenge. Just add them to your ruleset in the Nuzlocke and sign up there. This doesn't need its own thread because it's too similar.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Antmagic1, so...everyone playing this challenge...uses the exact same team. There's no variety here whatsoever. If this were a challenge where all of Ash's teams could be used, that's a different story, but just his 3 party Kalos team? Everyone will have the exact same team...that's tremendously boring. Hard, since none of them have evolved, sure, but I'd really like to see this have more diversity than just this.

ZeuroMiller, can't tell if your example sign up is just that, an example, or your actual sign up. You must participate in the challenges you submit. Aside from that, I'd remove the faint = dead rule. Nuzlocke variants...bleh. Also, why exclude RBYG and GSC? What did those poor innocent games ever do to you? :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
ProUltraX, reading the rules goes a long way.

MasterMuka, damn, what's with all these Egglocke threads? @_@

Guys, you can ask for eggs in Trade Corner's Quick Trade Thread or in Challenges' CI&D thread. There's currently not an Egglocke thread for this unfortunately. If either of you want to make one, by all means, do so. Make sure you read the rules and FAQ before submitting if you do decide to make one, though. Check out existing challenge threads as well to get an idea of how they function. Let me know if you have any questions.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
What? Where am I? Oh, hi there. I guess I'm in charge of this now, huh?

ultra♀geek, while this Nuzlocke variant is different enough from the regular Nuzlocke, the fact that it focuses on just normal type rather than allowing any monotypes makes it too strict. If it were a monotype nuzlocke challenge, I might allow it. You also never indicate if you were participating in your own challenge. It's not in the rules, but your layout could do with a lot of work as well, it's very hard to follow as it is.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
ultra♀geek, this is the exact same challenge that you submitted yesterday, with a couple additions. It doesn't fix the limitation of it being only about one type. It's just too specific to let be a whole thread. And you still didn't specify if you were participating.

DelightfulRage, you didn't specify if you were actually participating in the challenge. However, I think you should rethink this challenge. Requiring people to evolve before they leave a route seems really extreme, especially when you're still early game and have to grind against Pokemon level 2-4 trying to get to say level 20 in the case of Rattata. It's a little bit too extreme in my opinion. I do like the idea of catching all Pokemon along the way, but you need another way to make that gimmick work.

TheBluKidThe, we already have a Randomized Nuzlocke which I am fairly certain can be played with the additional settings you mentioned. However, if this is not the case, then you also failed to specify if you were participating. You might want to write up a proper rules list too if you decide to follow up on this.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Braxien, as interesting as a Challenge based on Gmod might be, I'm afraid you failed to specify if you were participating in your own challenge. I also feel like it could use a but of work, as just requiring a selection of specific types and limiting the team to 4 Pokemon is pretty generalized, and no explanation is really given to make you understand how you are relating your game to Gmod. So the whole thing feels rather bland and generic. I suggest brainstorming a bit more before posting it again, but besides the participation thing it's passable.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
midknightvortex, this isn't the place to solicit egg hacking for your Egglocke. As of now we don't have a thread for that challenge, but you're free to make one if you want to look at the rules and figure out what is needed to get a challenge approved.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
ScoSap, your challenge needs to be more than a gimmicky Monotype. Just making someone use a certain type based on their sign isn't enough. Add some more rules based on each sign.

GenesectGalaxy, your challenge is extremely convoluted and has a ton of rules. The way it was written also makes it feel like it's a thread only meant for your journey, rather than a thread for anyone else who wants to play.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
WOOLYBIGMAC, I'm not really sure I understand what it is you're trying to do, and really can't think of where your thread should go.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
mattastro91, your letter system does not inhibit the rules of a standard Nuzlocke, and only adds more restriction. As such, the rule could easily be added into the Nuzlocke thread if you asked for it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hilbert, you didn't indicate that you were participating in your own challenge.

NeonGeaso, your challenge would not be unplayable inside of the current Nuzlocke Challenge, as long as you indicated that you had hacked the types. You also did not indicate that you were participating in your challenge.

mattastro91, your challenge looks sound, but you forgot to indicate that you were participating in the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back