• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hmm... let me think...
Perhaps you should OPEN THE PROGRAMME???
Then SELECT THE PATCH!
And then, you should OPEN THE BASE ROM!
And then, just click the BUTTON FOR PATCHING and you're done

Jeez, no need to be so hard on the guy.
He's probably used to using LIPS, where there is File Allocation.
File allocation is when a file is able to be used/opened without having to double click on the executable file.
(Much like how VBA lets us allocate .GBA files so that all we have to do is double click the ROM we wanna play.)

A-Ptch doesn't have that, and he didn't know that, no need to be rude about it.

But yes, using an APS file is easy.

Simply Open A-Ptch, then the rest is pretty much self-explanatory.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Jeez, no need to be so hard on the guy.
He's probably used to using LIPS, where there is File Allocation.
File allocation is when a file is able to be used/opened without having to double click on the executable file.
(Much like how VBA lets us allocate .GBA files so that all we have to do is double click the ROM we wanna play.)

A-Ptch doesn't have that, and he didn't know that, no need to be rude about it.

FYI, it's called "file associaton". Hint hint.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
speaking of file association....do you intend to make file associations?
or are your programs capable of file associations, and we just have to set the setting in explorer?

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
0m3GA ARS3NAL said:
Step 1: Download XSE
Step 2: Goto the folder where you saved XSE and extract it.
Step 3: Open the folder containing the XSE.exe file.
Step 4: Double Click XSE.exe
Step 5: Press F2
Step 6: (Don't skip this one.) Read the ENTIRE .chtm file, it comes free with XSE, and will teach you everything you need to know to get started.
The fact that people don't take 2 seconds to look in the folder with XSE and start spouting things like. "I CANT FIND A TUTORIALS PLz HALP meh NOW!" Makes me quite disappointed at this generation, my own generation.

Follow all the steps above, and read the whole thing, no matter how long. It won't tell you everything about every command ever just yet, it's a work in progress, but it will sure as hell teach you everything you need to know in order to start teaching yourself.
Yeah, there are tutorials there... I don't know why people don't bother to check first then complain. Anyway, more stuff needs to be added to those tutorials and if anyone's interested in helping me please contact me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2010
Thanks HackMew! These tools are awesome! I found one bug though. A-Starter won't let me choose Mew as my starter Pokemon. I tested it on FireRed, LeafGreen, and Ruby and it always switched it to Mewtwo when I selected Mew.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks HackMew! These tools are awesome! I found one bug though. A-Starter won't let me choose Mew as my starter Pokemon. I tested it on FireRed, LeafGreen, and Ruby and it always switched it to Mewtwo when I selected Mew.

Yeah, I knew it already as it has been reported a while ago. Whenever I update it, I will fix it for sure.

GoldIsHero

Hero Of Light
Years
When I try to open certain hack ROMs in Overworld Editor RE, it says "Error loading INI settings for this game." and for Advance Map: "Unknown ROM type! This ROM cannot be edited with Advance Map!" Can anybody help, or send me to somewhere with answers? Or is there no solution, even though I've seen these ROMs used before with these tools. Thanks, sorry to bother you all

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
When I try to open certain hack ROMs in Overworld Editor RE, it says "Error loading INI settings for this game." and for Advance Map: "Unknown ROM type! This ROM cannot be edited with Advance Map!" Can anybody help, or send me to somewhere with answers? Or is there no solution, even though I've seen these ROMs used before with these tools. Thanks, sorry to bother you all

You didn't by any chance edit the header of your ROM, did you?

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2010
Hackmew, unLZ-GBA doesn't open my rom anymore.. Do you know what's happening?
(It works in all programs but unLZ)

GoldIsHero

Hero Of Light
Years
You didn't by any chance edit the header of your ROM, did you?

open the program up in the folder it was in. Then open your rom

I didn't edit anything, and I opened it in the folder. To be sure, I even downloaded a new one, patched it, and tried again. Is the patching the error? I don't think so, because I can open up other roms like Shiny Gold and it's just fine. :/ I don't know, but thanks to both of you for helpin' me out!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I didn't edit anything, and I opened it in the folder. To be sure, I even downloaded a new one, patched it, and tried again. Is the patching the error? I don't think so, because I can open up other roms like Shiny Gold and it's just fine. :/ I don't know, but thanks to both of you for helpin' me out!
Which patch had you used?
It might be because of patch... but first try to open your ROM with RHEA to see if that ROM is protected from being edited.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
ROM's don't have INI files in them, an INI file is the file that comes with the program that is used to configure the program to the ROM you are opening.

Check a few things...

Right click the ROM, and click Properties
If "Read Only" has a check mark next to it, un-check it.

Open the ROM in RHEA, and makes sure the rom has the correct header. (An ENGLISH Fire Red version is BPRE for instance)
You can also do that in a HEX Editor of your choice.
Finally, try re-downloading the program, a file or 2 may not have downloaded correctly, or were extracted from the ZIP file incorrectly.

Post back results here...

GoldIsHero

Hero Of Light
Years
Which patch had you used?
It might be because of patch... but first try to open your ROM with RHEA to see if that ROM is protected from being edited.

Nothing wrong there, but the ROM seems to actually be missing certain files in INI, making it unhackable. I could list these files if someone tells me it would help. Again, thank you all.

EDIT: Here are the files missing- MapBankHeader, AnbindungsListe, WildePokemon, FlugPosHeader, Error (1): Try to read at Pos 0! Please contakt [email protected], Error (5): The value at $000000 is not a pointer!, NamenHeader, PokemonNamen, ItemHeader, SpriteHeader, SpritePaletten, SpritePalHeader, SpezialPalHeader, GeheimBaseZuordnung.

Then it asks:
"No map header entry for current ROM found.
Are all INI-files in the INI-folder.
Your ROM is possibly corrupted. To verify this, test with ROM of the same version.
Please do give feedback if none of these errors ocurred."

The ROM may be corrupt, but two other different ROMs have the same issue. So, here's pretty much everything. (I use Lunar IPS patching btw, if it matters. @Ash493)

GoldIsHero

Hero Of Light
Years
Did you even read my post?

It looks like you are using a messed up ROM, try downloading from a different source...

Yep I sure did read your post and I tried that but the Read-Only was already unchecked. Anyway, I've downloaded from several sources and like I said, more than just this specific ROM isn't working. Two other ROMs say "Error loading INI settings" with the same messages. I've also downloaded a new Advance Map/Overworld Editor, no luck. I'll keep searching for other sources to download from, but these ROMs seem unhackable to me (even though a friend of mine has done it). Thanks for help :)

GoldIsHero

Hero Of Light
Years
What rom is it? Like, Fr/Lg,R/S/E. language? all that info.
And, did you download the tools from HERE?

The ROM is called Mitic Island, a Hack of the Week. It's a hack of Ruby, and the language is Spanish. Yes, I download all the tools from here on this thread. It's a real pain :/

EDIT: My RHEA settings are

Game Title - PKMN MITIC
Game Code - MAD
Maker - Nintendo
Main Unit Code - 00
Device Type - 00
ROM Version - 00
Header Checksum - 2A (This 2A is in gray, and doesn't appear to be able to be edited)

Last edited:
Back