• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first Team!

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
Hey guys,

I'd like to show you my team:

Ninjask @ Leftovers (baton passer)
Jolly Nature
176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe

Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

Well he's my lead mainly to make my team faster, i'm going to need speed boosts if i plan on defeating pokemon with my marowak! My marowak should be strong enough to KO with his thick club.​

Lucario (M) @ Quick claw (Physical Sweeper)
Ability: Inner focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant nature

Close combat
Swords dance (or Agility ?)
Extremespeed
Stone Edge

my physical sweeper, the speed boost + the quick claw "should" make him the fastest in my team that has the potential to kill everything it's up against!​

Slowking (M) @ Light Clay (Special Wall)
Ability : Own Tempo
EVs: 212 HP / 44 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm nature

Surf
Ice beam
Light screen
Slack off

My Special Wall, light screen is used not only to protect itself but also the sweeper that comes after it thanks to it's screen-move.​

Miltank (F) @ leftovers (physical wall)
Ability : thick fat
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish nature

Body slam
Zhen headbutt
Heal bell
Milk drink

My physical wall! thanks to thick fat she has a 50% resistance of Fire and Ice moves and because of Milk drink she can heal itself! I'd Thought that these attributes would make her a great wall. Another good thing about this pokemon is her move Heal bell, so i can cure all the statusproblems of my pokemon!

Marowak (M) @ Thick club (Physical Sweeper)
Ability : Rock head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature

Earthquake
Stealth rock
Bonemerang
Double-Edge

Very high attack thanks to the Thick club (which doubles the attack of a Marowak). Very deadly but also very slow! But thanks to a batton passing Ninjask I should be able to fix that!​

Espeon (M) @ Life orb (Special Sweeper)
Ability : Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature

Substitute
Psychic
Grass Knot
Shadow Ball

I really like the high special attack of espeon. But he isn't that good when it comes to taking hits, Low HP and Def, sure complicates things! But hopefully with substitute i can prevent it from dieing fast.​

So, This is my team.. I would really appreciate it if i could get some advice on getting the most out of it. If you think i should change some pokemons or movesets or even EV's. Be sure to point them out!

Thanks

Years
Very interesting. I'm going to have to take a more in depth look at it..

"Miltank (F) @ leftovers (physical wall)
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe"

Why the 32 speed?

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
Ever think of switching marowak for medicam? Medicam's ability pure power doubles its physical attack so you've got a free item slot for it. As for the rest of your team if you battle in tiers you're probably going to be crushed. Since you've got at least 1 OU pokemon you can't play in any tier lower then OU and a lot of your pokemon are from lower tiers. All but lucario and ninjask I believe. So if an OU team gets past them you won't stand much of a chance unless you've bred for better IV's and EV trained better then your opponent. In a battle like that you're going to need to be a better predictor then you're opponent. I'd be happy to battle you sometime if you want but I can only battle on weekends. Send Me an email or shoot me a private message if you're interested. The best way to learn is by experience. You're team will work as long as you use them flawlessly. I battle in the UU tier by the way and Ive been Ubers. It's all about strategy. And I'd say just play with pokemon you like that what I do :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2011
i think this is pretty good but the two normal types WILL hurt you with fighting being a realy common stab move and with miltank being very outclassed in ou if you tred to switch it in on a physical hit it would get one hit koed or 2 hit koed without you doing anything with it same for slaking and espeon is also very outclassed for ou and as for your batton pass staragey it is very hard to pull off and ushaly doesnt work and almost never works if your playing someone with anyskill

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hey guys,

I'd like to show you my team:

Ninjask @ Focus Sash (baton passer)
Jolly Nature
176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe

Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

Well he's my lead mainly to make my team faster, i'm going to need speed boosts if i plan on defeating pokemon with my marowak! My marowak should be strong enough to KO with his thick club. Focus sash over Leftovers, since it can at least take a hit then BP

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb (Physical Sweeper)
Ability: Inner focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant nature

Close combat
Swords dance
Extremespeed
Bullet Punch

Quick Claw is banned in standard play, it's a Hax item, it purely relies on Luck. Bullet Punch is for STAB and can take out quite a few things with a Swords Dance boost,

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers (Special Wall)
Ability : Own Tempo
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold nature

Surf
Psychic
Light screen/Toxic/Thunder Wave
Slack off

Slowbro does the job so much better than King, Toxic is for withering down Hp, Thunder wave is so your sweepers will have the edge.

Snorlax (F) @ leftovers (physical wall)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish nature

Rest

Sleep Talk
Body Slam
curse

Miltank is outclassed by Lax, so use her instead, Rest to heal yourself and whilst your sleeping, use Sleep talk to either get a huge STAB with Body slam or Curse to boost your offences.

Machamp (M) @ Choice Band (Physical Sweeper)
Ability : Guts
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant

Close Combat

Payback
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch/Bullet Punch

Marowak is badly outclassed by most things, so use Machamp instead; Baton passing Ninjasks speed to this thing makes it deadly and a force to be scared with.

Alakazam (M) @ Choice Specs/Scarf (Special Sweeper)
Ability : Synchronize
4 Hp/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe
Timid nature

Psychic

Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Thunderbolt

This beast outclasses Espeon in this generation so use it instead, Specs for power scarf for speed.

So, This is my team.. I would really appreciate it if i could get some advice on getting the most out of it. If you think i should change some pokemons or movesets or even EV's. Be sure to point them out!

Thanks

My comments and suggestions/changes are in Bold, consider them, because frankly your other team wouldn't survive in the current metagame. You should consider getting a 5th generation team.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2011
My comments and suggestions/changes are in Bold, consider them, because frankly your other team wouldn't survive in the current metagame. You should consider getting a 5th generation team.

this team is missing somthing im not sure what it is i would probly have to battle you but it deff has alot of holes in it

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

I agree with those changes, but I wouldn't use Bullet Punch and ExtremeSpeed in the same set for Lucario. It needs Crunch to deal with Psychics and Ghosts.

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
I like your Ninjask

As for Lucario, I don't think you need agility and quick claw together.

Espeon is kind of a mis-fit in your team, since it doesn't really benefit from the physical attack boosts, and I don't think it needs to be faster than it is.
It doesn't really benefit from the Baton Pass.

shinx12345

Aquilla
Years
Sorry but I think I have to disagree. It annoys me so much when a Pokemon is said to be 'outclassed' by another. Maybe he wanted to use those Pokemon in particular. Anyway, you should get rid of the QC if your going to be competitive, but other than that, that team is fine.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
Wow, Thanks allot guys!

Still kinda new to the competitive battling. But you guys sure help me allot by giving me advice :) I'll try my best... Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to change my OU pokemon into UU so i can hopefully start out my "career" in competitive battling in the UU competition. :)

Any idea if there are any good UU baton passers for my marowak? Or some good Sweepers?

i was thinking of replacing Lucario for Blaziken:

Blaziken (M) @ choice scarf (Mixed Sweeper)
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 84 Atk / 184 SpA / 240 Spe
Mild nature

Flamethrower
Thunder Punch
Stone Edge
Superpower

And for my UU Baton passer Scyther instead of Ninjask:

Scyther (M) @ ??? (Baton passer)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 224 HP / 68 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly nature

Sword Dance
Substitute
Bug bite
Baton pass

What do you think?

Still got a lot of work to do... that's for sure... but thanks anyway! :) you all have been a great help!

Back