• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Online Pokemon Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Pokemon Online Battles

I know people have tryed this before, and maby some may have done this but I do plan on making a online pokemon game. My game is gonna be free to play and have competive ladder system. you will start with a choose of 6 pokemon instead of 3 and you will only be able to have a max of 20 instead of unlimited. It will have a GBA style graphics and will start with only the frist 151 pokemon. I do not plan to have a world to explore or any quests other then gym leaders. right now my game is vary alpha but it dose work and i will be opening a selective alpha test in a few weeks.
I will have more screen shots soon.

screenshot01.gif

Features:
-catch and train all pokemon
-player vs player battleing
-all normal pokemon items
-chatrooms "every area is like a channel"
-gym battles "and maby the ablitiy to open your own gym?"
other features will be listed as i comeup with them

Last edited:

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
tk

Thanks but i only plan on using the gba graphics but i will have a sweet looking userinterface.

more screen shots tomorow....

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
^^^and thats what you should do keeping it simple will make your life alot easier, people keep forgetting its not the graphics that attracts people to pokemon its the gameplay. Can we request to alpha test I have alot of experience wit pokemon mmorpg's and am actually on the development team for one of the more popular ones now

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
i will post a offline play version of the game soon...

i will post a offline play version of the game soon that will be my "Alpha" and after I fix all the probs with that i will go "beta" and realese that on the fourms.

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
made with...

The whole game is in vb6... Befor i get any nay sayers i just want to point out that VB6 is fast to build and i know how to do winsock up and down in vb6 along with databases that will store pokmons data and graphics.the game dose not need anymore power then what vb6 provides so im good and im aslo hoping to have only a small community of maby 200-400 players tops and i dont plan to make anymoney off of this i just want to use it in my porfolio.

i also will have a site up for it within the next week or so...

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Oh crap I won't be able to play this game then -.-

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
why you say that...

why you say that unless you run lunix theres no real danger and even then theres ways...

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
No..its just mci32.ocx isn't registered properly on my comp.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I wish you good luck on this project.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Are you using Gdi32(bitblt) or are u using Direct X 8 like me and seiphs mmorpg :S
also why arnt you using Socketwrentch
Winsock is A, Slower
b, Doesnt allow large packets sent
c, causes problems sometimes unless u create some kind of new packet handling system

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Im above that...

Im above RMXP/any other game making prog. Its been years scence I last used that kind of stuff and once you stop useing youll find that you can do anything you want without limitations. All you need is a desire to learn and built with what you know.

PS:Ive got a ton of work done on the pokedex database i made to store the pokemons base stats and graphics. The only real problem im haveing at the time is animimateing the battle system but that should be solved soon. after I get a alpha of that battle system ill post it as a demo. its not gonna be networked but it should be a fun prog to play until I get around to networking things.

heres the lastest battle screen shot looks like the GBA one:
screenshot02.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back