• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Is there any patch for Heart Gold that fix the anti-piracy stuff?
i'm tired of game freezing every 10 battles/events.

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
the rom image has crashed comes up like every 50 mins on no$gba help please

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
the rom image has crashed comes up like every 50 mins on no$gba help please

This only happens on Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver. This is why you have to save often, like what Ooka said. You might also want to try and find an Anti-Piracy patch to fix the problem once and for all, like what Blazichu said.

However, I'm pretty sure there is a way of bypassing the Anti Piracy without the patch or Action Replay code, that is if the developers of DeSmuME were able to do it. Just remember, with ROM Hacking... anything's possible. Nothing is impossible at all. ;)

EDIT: However, I know the crashing from the Anti-Piracy occurs in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, however you can prevent it from happening by changing the 3D settings often.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2011
I'm using Desmume to play soulsilver thats been patched with Ruldoph's patch. It helps stop some of the freezing, but it still freezes when i try to save and the battle with team rocket boss Ariana (its a double battle with Lance). Help?

[Dootakun]

Frightening Glare
Years
Using no$GBA, I found out (then found out that it was already known) that if I save and close the emulator really quickly, it didn't crash. It worked for some time.

But now, when I load the rom, and it gets to the main screen, once I click "Start" (I think it's only then, because I tried the pokewalker screen and it worked) it has the FATAL CRASH.

Any known remedy for this?

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2011
I have a question:

Do it give some HG/SS hacks? I want to have a challenge like Pokémon Bloody Platinum. So it can be a hack, who are the Pokémon stronger and other sets with other Trainer-strategies. And one inportant thing is, that you can catch all 493 Pokémon.

If you know a hack, please send me that in this post or send me a PM. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
Okay so there I am choosing my gender, typing my name and listening to Oak babble on, he finishes his speech, shrinks me, and then the screen goes black!! The music continues to play but nothing happens!!
What can I do to fix this?!?!

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2010
Play HG SS with no problems, help please ^^

Hi there! A few months ago I've played Pokemon hg, I've played in desmume (nice emu), and it went good, a few errors, like freeze, stuck, characters disapered etc. but in the end, after i defeated the elite four and the champ, i don't went to the other region, and the game stopped so i don't finished it.

I'll ask you to give me your opinion, tell me your errors and advise me.

tell me your emu please.

this time i would like to play ss, I would like too to play it 100% english (i'm no good at Japanese :P).

send me an email: [email protected].

If there is some patch to fix this problem tell me XD. I would like to play on desmume, (unless it worked for you another, but the save state is very useful...)

(I know there are lots of topics about this issue, but most part are fake... help me please! I love pokemon)

Platinum Lucario

Years
I have a question:

Do it give some HG/SS hacks? I want to have a challenge like Pokémon Bloody Platinum. So it can be a hack, who are the Pokémon stronger and other sets with other Trainer-strategies. And one inportant thing is, that you can catch all 493 Pokémon.

If you know a hack, please send me that in this post or send me a PM. Thanks a lot.
There is one that I know of, however... it has not been released yet. It's called Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver DX, which is a harder version of HeartGold and SoulSilver. The hack thread is be located here if you want to see it for yourself. ;)
Okay so there I am choosing my gender, typing my name and listening to Oak babble on, he finishes his speech, shrinks me, and then the screen goes black!! The music continues to play but nothing happens!!
What can I do to fix this?!?!
What sort of Emulator are you using? :\
Hi there! A few months ago I've played Pokemon hg, I've played in desmume (nice emu), and it went good, a few errors, like freeze, stuck, characters disapered etc. but in the end, after i defeated the elite four and the champ, i don't went to the other region, and the game stopped so i don't finished it.

I'll ask you to give me your opinion, tell me your errors and advise me.

tell me your emu please.

this time i would like to play ss, I would like too to play it 100% english (i'm no good at Japanese :P).

send me an email: [email protected].

If there is some patch to fix this problem tell me XD. I would like to play on desmume, (unless it worked for you another, but the save state is very useful...)

(I know there are lots of topics about this issue, but most part are fake... help me please! I love pokemon)

OK, well there's two options for this, either search Google for the US version of Pokémon Soul Silver or use Magius's English patch for a Japanese Pokémon Soul Silver, which is found in this thread. However, you might need to also download a patch that removes the coding in which slows down the Emulator 'till it freezes, which also found in that thread.

Platinum Lucario

Years
I am using NO$Gba, I thought I posted that?!?!

I see, I'm sorry... I don't think I saw that post, but anyways...

Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver cannot run properly on No$GBA, due to a coding that the emulator cannot read properly, which means it will easily freeze. The DS emulator DeSmuME will work better with HeartGold and SoulSilver, but still will freeze after like... 30 minutes. This is why you'd have to save often in the game before it freezes again.

However, there is a patch to fixing that problem, but I do reckon that the emulators really do need to have support for reading the codings in the games that is only supported with a Nintendo DS. However I do see that Nintendo has been doing alot of things to use codings that are not supported by an emulator yet. This is pretty much why people think it's an "Anti-Piracy" thing, but I think it's actually a coding that is not supported by an emulator or flash card yet.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
hey guys um sorry if this redundant if somebody already posted these problems, my pc is being !#$%%^%$# so it won't let me do much, i can't look at the other pages, i can barely even get to this spot to post this so if it gets up, well wow it made. Anyways, I've had these problems on No$gba with both roms, hg and ss, after the intro it goes to a black screen and one time i got a code (then a few days later my pc crashed and i lost everything, that code included), and after i got a little ways, it just froze and then it wouldn't work anymore. I couldn't even open the rom/emulator together. On Desmume, it would go up until about violet city and then i ran into a shiny, was it a weedle? (lucky me) and then midway through the battle it just froze and the same thing happened, it wouldn't open any more. So um some help?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2021
The game runs smoothly until the second trainer in the Bellsprout tower, I have played both SS and HG and both stops at the second trainer. I have tried it multiple times with different saves. Playing with desmume .96

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Fix the black screen in Professor Oak

People,

all you have to do its to put this in No$Gba cheats(utility/cheats) and put 020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000 this code and then put action replay ds, but that's for Heart Gold.

Now if the game crashes in the middle like me you have to save a lot of times and you have to have No$Gba_2.6a version and the rom that is ok(the one which i use) Pokemon HeartGold English By GoldndSilver7 Clean.

If you dont put the code that i mentioned before in the cheats you cant play

And thats for all dont put GBA BIOS(NINTENDO LOGO) in emulation setup because it will crash the emulator

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
Fix for freezing and black screen.

ANSWER TO FREEZING AND BLACK SCREEN.

Allright, having browsed this thread in search for an answer to the freezing problem, I thought I would let you people know how I fixed the problem.

- Use NO$GBA and use NO$ZOOMER.
- The rom I use is xpa-phg.nds (google it if you haven't already got it)
- Download the ''nds-bios-and-firmware. (Google it, first result)
- Put all content in your map where your rom/no$gba/no$zoomer is located.
- extract eNDrypts_advanced_v1.2.. and run eNDrypts_advanced.exe
- Press"1", (if it asked you it can't find a program to open with, just press cancel and ignore.) just close it when it's finished.
- Run the game and under emulation options make sure ''Reset/Startup Entrypoint'' is put on GBA BIOS(Nintendo logo)
- Restart the game.
- Loading should look different if done correctly.

Now. Before I did this, the game would freeze, or rom would crash almost continuously.
After this method, the game has only frozen once after about 6 hours of playing. (in the bellsprout tower)
So I still use the save/close method every hour or so to be sure, (also because my computer has the tendency to shut down whenever it feels like)
You also don't need the cheat code for the black screen anymore.

If this has already been explained previously, my bad.
cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back