• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
Name:
Kyogia

My Partner Pokemon:
Phione
Manaphy

Why I love Water Pokemon:
I feel as if I'm naturally compatible with water-types. Water types are so interesting and awesome, and they're good at waking me up in the morning. There's always a spot for them on my team, and I love them so much. One fact I like about my partners is that they're the sea guardians, and many water types reside in the sea.

Admission Fee Paid:
1 PokeDollar. Willing to pay more as donations to keep services running if ever requested and/or needed.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name:
Kyogia

My Partner Pokemon:
Phione
Manaphy
Well welcome to the club!

Curious question, your name wouldn't happen to be a fusion of Kyogre and Palkia? xD Just caught that LOL

Start giving me suggestions! :)
I don't pay attention to the Anime/Movie anymore..but we should keep Keldeo until the movie releases or its event weekend or whatever for in-game xD

But Jellicent wins my vote. :X

Last edited:

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
Wow, so many people notice that about my name!
Some think it's a fusion of Lugia and Kyogre, while others think it's Palkia and Kyogre. Anyway, it's actually a character in a computer game I'm making, and it's also a fusion of Lugia and Kyogre.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to the club, Kyogia! Thanks for the donations. :3

I've been thinking the same, Sector. :D Though I don't even know when the movie will be released. :| I'll go check later. I'll be sure to save a special week for Keldeo.

Kay, 2 nominations for Jellicent! I'll still be open for nominations throughout tomorrow, and on Friday I'll have a Poll up! If we get more noms for Jellicent, then it might be our first POTW. :)

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
Thanks for the welcome!
Hm...
I'll nominate... eh... this is a hard choice. I like too many water types...
Go, Piplup! I choose you!
(my favourite starter Pokemon!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Name - Xulek/Xuleka-Chan (Either one is fine.)
Partner Pokemon - Blastoise (Squirty), Swampert (Aqua).
Why Do I Like Water Types? - Like me they love the rain, they're excellent swimmers, and have incredible diversity. Oh and their strength in battle can be on unimaginable levels too.
Admission Fee Paid - One Pokedollar.

Hope I can join.

Years
My nomination will be the almighty cute Oshawott!

501Oshawott_Dream.png

If you know Hikari10, you know she liek Oshawottz...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Great to see ya here, Xulek! Of course you can join. :)

I'll go ahead and start a new topic now so we can have something to talk about, yes? ^_^ If you haven't answered the previous topics yet, you are more than welcome to do so. :)

In the games, there are four HM moves available in all or most of the games: Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Dive. Which one of these moves do you find powerful during battle?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Great to see ya here, Xulek! Of course you can join. :)

I'll go ahead and start a new topic now so we can have something to talk about, yes? ^_^ If you haven't answered the previous topics yet, you are more than welcome to do so. :)

In the games, there are four HM moves available in all or most of the games: Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Dive. Which one of these moves do you find powerful during battle?
Hands down, it would be Surf. The perfect accuracy of 100%, along with 90 base power, it's one of the most powerful moves out there. Not to mention it can hit every Pokemon in Double/Triple Battles! Waterfall will closely follow, with a tad weaker at 80, but it can flinch Pokemon as well, which is very rarely. Surf also gains massive power from STAB and rain! So I'm going with Surf, just because of it's strength in battle!

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
Hands down, it would be Surf. The perfect accuracy of 100%, along with 90 base power, it's one of the most powerful moves out there. Not to mention it can hit every Pokemon in Double/Triple Battles! Waterfall will closely follow, with a tad weaker at 80, but it can flinch Pokemon as well, which is very rarely. Surf also gains massive power from STAB and rain! So I'm going with Surf, just because of it's strength in battle!
I agree completely. This is perfect with my Platinum team and it's one HM that I'm not reluctant to teach my starter. In a double battle, I don't need to worry about my partner getting hurt (since it's usually Empoleon with Staraptor) because I can just use Fly. Staraptor with its speed can Fly first, and then the surf comes and wipes out all my opponents with its strong power and accuracy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Honestly, the reason I don't like surf as much is because it's not as useful during double and triple battles. You can hit the opponents, but you *can* hit your participating Pokemon beside you. I only use the move during single battles. :| Same goes with Waterfall.

I like Whirlpool, tbh...don't get me wrong. Attack the opponent + traps 2-5 times? It's soooo useful! ^_^

Cid

Years
Alrighty then. I don't feel like suggesting a Water Pokémon of the Week just yet, I think we have an okay amount of nominations so far. I think I'll vote for Jellicent eventually, but it's too early to decide, haha.

I find Surf quite powerful, sure, but I'll go with Waterfall. I don't know why but the fact that Waterfall is a physical move just makes me like it. It's a good STAB attack for Water Pokémon with high Attack, and the possible flinch is pretty useful since physical attackers usually have speed on their side. Not to mention how awesome Waterfall looks when Squirtle from SSBB uses it. I'd pick Surf for special attackers without a doubt, but it already gets a lot of love.

I agree that Whirlpool is pretty nifty. I wish it could give much more residual damage, but most HMs aren't blessed with good base power. It's depressing how underrated it is too. And I wish Dive didn't get so much hate in the competitive scene. The two-turn move just doesn't find much use competitively, as well as Dig, Fly and Bounce, since it gives the opponent a good time to switch to a Pokémon that resists it. Dive gets much love in-game, though. It's funny, just how can a Pokémon dive underwater when you're not even near any water?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Waterfall. I never use Surf on my Water-Types anymore since Scald came out, so now Waterfall is the only useful HM to me, especially on my Gyarados. <3
Plus, it only hits one target, unlike Surf which likes to hit ERRYTHAN.

Whirlpool is neat, but like Cid, I wish it were stronger. If it were, I'd teach it to my Pokemon. Like, maybe 70 base power! :'D
Of course that may be too strong, but I'd use it then.

Dive is good for when you're in a sticky situation and you can't find a way out of it, you can Dive, save yourself, and hopefully knock out the opponent before the opponent defeats you! This has happened to me way too many times. D;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I never used Dive that much...probably because I never taught it that much to any of the water pokemon I used. Teaching it to my Samurott will help a lot. :D

Anyways, I think we have a fair share of nominations now, so imma put up a poll today that will last until tomorrow. :D We have Jellicent, Mudkip, Piplup, and Oshawott. :D On Sunday, I'll reveal our POTW! :)

Also guys...you are all more than welcome to submit any suggestions for the club, and we'll work it out. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I vote for Jellicent. B]

But Dive is uber useful, for me, anyways.

And what type of suggestions are you looking for? Topics, formats, events, etc?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Suggestion=Have questionnaires/Trivias/Quizzes! Those things tend to be fun to answer!

By the way...the Poll...odd that 3 out of the 4 are beginner starters :X I'm not choosing any of them so Jellicent wins my vote xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Suggestion=Have questionnaires/Trivias/Quizzes! Those things tend to be fun to answer!

By the way...the Poll...odd that 3 out of the 4 are beginner starters :X I'm not choosing any of them so Jellicent wins my vote xD

Yeah, I just realized that too. lol

I like the trivia though! Maybe do weekly trivia events and create a quiz that determines which water pokemon is most related to you...or something like that. :D I should get that started this weekend...if I don't have that much work & stuff. xD

Name: Pokemonranger109
Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2):
Shiny manaphy and shiny Phoine.
Why do you like Water-Types? They can be really helpfull in battles,look cool,and also are fun just to be in your party.
Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar.

Welcome aboard, Pokemonranger109! Why not answer our current topic? Great to have you in the park!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oooh. Trivia would be cute! <3
Like, maybe a quiz or something! c:
Maybe the prize for the quiz could be a water Pokemon or something. idk. Just throwing out ideas. but I think it'd be cute if we had a contest for the best story behind a water Pokemon! o3o
Anyone can participate. Like, someone selects a Pokemon, and gives their individual Pokemon and entire background story! c:
That'd be adorable. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back