• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I really like this annoucement, because this means that they're willing to touch Gen 1 Pokemon again, which I know they made a point of refusing to do in Gen 5. (so maybe they'll fix ahem alomomola/luvdisc & bouffalant/tauros this time) This means that Mewtwo will probably not be the only past Pokemon to get a relative/modification etc so I'm hoping for evolutions and prevolutions! like for lapras. This is why I really liked Gen 4, it introduced a nice bunch of new Pokemon (that I actually liked and thought fit in nicely with the rest) and a couple of badass evolutions.

I'm excited and impatient I just want to know what we'll get already n_n

Personally, I wish they'd do just the opposite and leave all Pokemon from Gen 1-4 alone, Gen 5 is the most recent so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed a few from there. Some of these Pokemon have been around from nearly 20 years without changing, so finding a believeable reason for a sudden change (such as this supposed new Mewtwo form) will be a challenge. As in Mewtwo's case, it's odd that it would need a new form so many years later just to face Genesect when it is supposed to be one of the most powerful Pokemon in the world. And seeing as how its opponent is the Extremespeed Genesect, it's too specific to say Mewtwo now has what seems to be hinting at a faster form just because of one opponent that happened to be faster that it.

Myself, I don't like the idea of giving Mewtwo a new form, especially just so it can battle Extremespeed Genesect. If this is "Mewthree" and is a totally separate Pokemon, that would be interesting, but not a new form for a Pokemon that has not had one or needed one for so many years.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
(so maybe they'll fix ahem alomomola/luvdisc & bouffalant/tauros this time)

Can we not bring this up ever again?

They are not related.
They were never supposed to be related.
They were never designed to be related.
They WILL never be related.

There is nothing to fix as nothing is broken. They shall never be related. No Pokemon in Generation 5 is related to ANY Pokemon from a previous title.

61YaVyJmO6L.jpg

CoroCoro leaks have begun. Its all about the new Mewtwo thing.

This from Pokejungle:
The scan reads "NEW Pokémon discovery! It looks like Mewtwo?!"

Apparently there is a comic book with some of the new movie in it too!
Could it be that the secrets behind the mysterious new Pokémon will be revealed prior to the Movie Trailer due on the 18th? A mere Mewtwo Forme or in fact a Newtwo!? Keep checking back for leaks!

My predictions. It'll be a large picture of the new Mewthing....all its info will be ??? and it'll have screen shots surrounding it IF it gets a full page to itself. If it doesn't get a full page to itself it'll appear as a part of a larger page specifically for the movie with nothing new on it.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Can we not bring this up ever again?

They are not related.
They were never supposed to be related.
They were never designed to be related.
They WILL never be related.

There is nothing to fix as nothing is broken. They shall never be related. No Pokemon in Generation 5 is related to ANY Pokemon from a previous title.

61YaVyJmO6L.jpg

CoroCoro leaks have begun. Its all about the new Mewtwo thing.

This from Pokejungle:
The scan reads "NEW Pokémon discovery! It looks like Mewtwo?!"

Apparently there is a comic book with some of the new movie in it too!
Could it be that the secrets behind the mysterious new Pokémon will be revealed prior to the Movie Trailer due on the 18th? A mere Mewtwo Forme or in fact a Newtwo!? Keep checking back for leaks!

My predictions. It'll be a large picture of the new Mewthing....all its info will be ??? and it'll have screen shots surrounding it IF it gets a full page to itself. If it doesn't get a full page to itself it'll appear as a part of a larger page specifically for the movie with nothing new on it.
I was hoping this might happen, hopefully it will have some info. If there's another forme/ new Pokemon other than the one we saw last week than I'm hoping they show it this time around, if not than I'm guessing it'll be revealed next time...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
BREAKING: New Mewtwo forme inherently evil. Film at 11.

Joking aside, you knew they were going to cover this revelation in the issue. There was no way they weren't. However, the question becomes whether we'll learn more. I'm guessing no.

Cyclone

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I'm really interested in why they are doing this. I know when I see the movie it will make a lot of sense why its getting a new form. (or is a new pokemon) Either way we will get new evos from previous gens (We already have, Sylveon) and I'm positive the storyline behind the "Newtwo" will be awesome and make sense

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Sadly, I think CoroCoro is just going to restate what we already know...
And I think that none of us will find out whether NewMew is actually NewMew or just a mere forme until the movie comes out...and that's a while away.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I'm 95% sure it's a forme anyway. There's a bit of wishful thinking in my reasoning, but let me put it this way: if regular Pokémon can get evolutions in further gens, why can't old legendary Pokémon get new formes in further gens as well? Formes are even better since, if you don't like them, you don't even need to use them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm 95% sure it's a forme anyway. There's a bit of wishful thinking in my reasoning, but let me put it this way: if regular Pokémon can get evolutions in further gens, why can't old legendary Pokémon get new formes in further gens as well? Formes are even better since, if you don't like them, you don't even need to use them.

"Though it doesn't reveal anything new, CoroCoro also reveals the pieces about the new Pokémon revealed last week. In doing so, it confirms that it replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster and confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape. Thanks to gin for translations. We'll provide more on this as and when it comes"

Found on Serebii sooo I'd go with what it says in it being a new forme. n_n

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
This makes me angry.

There could have been a lot of story potential with a Mewthree. They better have some good stuff for this new forme.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
corocoro4131.jpg

corocoro4132.jpg

According to Serebii is says on one of these that its a new Form. I may be late with this but still no one posted the pictures yet.

Though I'm waiting for the sites to update to be 100% sure since Serebii translations cannot be trusted anymore. Odd are they are right, but after their last he said she said fiasco which turned out completely false, credit has been lost in their translator.

Since its just a form, I'm seeing a possible Keldeo reoccurance. No changes other than visual.

Years
This makes me angry.

There could have been a lot of story potential with a Mewthree. They better have some good stuff for this new forme.

I think the Mewtwo forme has just as much story potential as any other legendary. There could be a story on how it achieved the forme, the item's story, etc.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think the Mewtwo forme has just as much story potential as any other legendary. There could be a story on how it achieved the forme, the item's story, etc.

History shows that they never show the item used to transform in the Anime version. We most likely won't find out how to do his in game form change until later. I doubt we'll get much in terms of a story as well as Mewtwo most likely won't play a major part in the new games. He'll be trade over to get new form like Keldeo and the Kami were.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I honestly hope that new form changes something about Mewtwo stat wise and isn't just a new form for the sake of a new form, a la Keldeo. Otherwise I might be disappointed.

Guy

just a guy
Years
It's not so surprising to find out Newtwo is a new form of Mewtwo, it was either that or a new standalone Pokèmon with ties to Mewtwo. I will admit though, I am slightly disappointed. I was really hoping they would have gone with the failed experiment route. It would have just seemed a bit more organic than the idea of Mewtwo "awakening with its new shape". Although, that could just be for the movie.

Any guesses as to what the new form will be called? Mewtwo Awakened Form anyone?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
No surprise there, but this also raises another question: Will this allow Mewtwo to return in Super Smash Bros. not only as a veteran character but also as a Gen VI rep with his new forme as either his new appearance or his final smash? That's the only thing that matters for me about all of this Newtwo fiasco going on.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Not really surprised, I always expected it to be a new forme.

I think it may be call Awaken forme. Now if it has another forme, maybe it'll be Sleep/Meditation forme, and it's Original...may not have a name sort of like Greyish Kyurem is just called Kyurem.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No surprise there, but this also raises another question: Will this allow Mewtwo to return in Super Smash Bros. not only as a veteran character but also as a Gen VI rep with his new forme as either his new appearance or his final smash? That's the only thing that matters for me about all of this Newtwo fiasco going on.
I love the idea of the Final Smash being the new Forme, or you become the more powerful Forme for 15 seconds, or something.

Cyclone

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I am a little disappointed.

Mewtwo has a strong symbolism to me, as that "distant" and "superior" pokémon, stronger than any made before. It stands on a throne. Giving it a new forme is just like saying: "Yeah Mewtwo, you're no longer good enough as it is, so we'll just "awaken" you". ******** :s

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I knew it was a new form anyway. I think it will be called "Awakened Form". It looks less threatening than Mewtwo, so I didn't think it would make sense as Mewthree, maybe a failed experiment before Mewtwo, but that was it.

I just hope it's stronger in this form. Mewtwo's already one of the strongest Pokemon to exist, so this form had better not disappoint. Wonder how high his base stats will be?

Am I the only one that's glad Mewtwo got a new form? Makes sense that the (former) strongest Pokemon in the world would have something like that up his sleeve.

On another note, this gives me hope that Mewtwo will make a return in the next Smash as a playable character again. Maybe he will play like Zelda/Sheik.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
Im not sure if i like the idea of going back and giving old Pokemon new forms. It just seems... wrong. Who knows though, maybe the design will grow on me?

Back