• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

"Don't mind me, just lurking."

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Do you tend to lurk on PC or other forums a lot? How often would you say you lurk on PC?

I only lurk on PC when I'm looking for threads to post in or if I'm just bored. On other forums, particularly ones I'm not as active on, I lurk more often, mainly for the same reason , but in some cases, I just don't feel like posting.

How about you guys?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
When I log in here, I normally lurk around and don't post because I can never find a thread that I want to post in and I get intimidated by all you PC people (sh, don't judge me).

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I lurk around polls if I'm curious of what people are answering there. Or DCC, if I don't have anything to add to the conversation.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
I lurk A LOT.
Always thinking of what to say, 'cause you know I have that feeling of wanting to be able to blend in with the group but that doesn't work if you post total crap.. so I lurk before posting.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I lurk a lot on Smogon and don't post there very much, probably thanks to intimidation. I'll still go around sending VMs to people, though.

You'll see me posting here pretty often, because there are so many more posting opportunities. Simple.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2020
I lurk quite a bit on various forums mainly because a thread I've read isn't something that interests me, or I just have nothing to add to a conversation.

Years
I like posting over lurking here, there's a lot of opportunity for contribution.

I have some forums were I haven't even registered, I just lurk.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
If I lurk, It's mostly on people's profile just to see if they're still on the forums or what they've been up to.

God, that sounds like a stalker D:

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I will often lurk way more than post on most forums, mainly cause I dont feel I have much to say most times and Im pretty shy.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I lurk a lot on PC mainly because I prefer reading posts to actually posting. If it's something that I know about then I'll chip in, but most of the time I just enjoy reading what other people have to say about stuff that I don't know about.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Aren't we all? I used to lurk around the Pokemon section I think 3 years ago? Now I tend to lurk around this.section. *lurks*

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I don't lurk as much as go 'PC unconscious', in which I forget I have PC open and my account just stares at a certain page for a few hours, lol. Most of the time I'm too impatient to lurk, unless there is a juicy little fight going on that I don't want to interject some snarky little comment into, lol. When I'm online, that's posting time. I need to be active, either changing my theme or typing out a post or something. It just frustrates me simply browsing around the forum and doing nothing, as everything soon bores me and I quit the tab. Besides, why should I lurk when I can manipulate other people to do stuff for me on here anyway?

Years
On two forums, here and Ever Grande City I post way more than lurk.

As for Serebii, I post a bit but not in many sections so I guess I count more as a lurker there, and on all other forums I just lurk and don't post, Petalburg Woods is a good example because I'm on invisible mode there. Most of my lurking is done by reading posts.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't lurk as much as go 'PC unconscious', in which I forget I have PC open and my account just stares at a certain page for a few hours, lol.

Oh wow, I do that all the time. I'd click on a thread to reply to it or on a certain page and then I'd do something else and forget about it. Then a few hours later, I'd remember I had that thread or page open and finally reply to the thread. >.< This happens a lot for me cause I go on many other forums at once. But usually I do try avoid lurking on here.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I lurk quite a bit. Mostly its because I browse on my phone and tell myself that I'll do it later. But I never do... :(

Years
This site is one of three where I have an account and actively post. (Other two being Twitter, and Facebook to a lesser extent). Outside those places, lurking is the norm. So it's weird I still post here. .__.

Now for PC, I mainly post in this forum and lurk some of the others depending on my mood. I'm a bit of a hermit. :(

Years
I'd say that 90% of my time on PC is actually just lurking around in different forums and threads. Usually those times (last night for example) are when I get home after a long day at work, and I'll just spend an hour or so reading through different threads, but don't even think of posting.

Compared to other forums I visit, though, I might as well be a posting machine. One really good example is a hockey forum I visit, where I've been registered for nearly 7 years now (and visited long before that), but I've only posted there 22 times. If that isn't lurking, I don't know what is.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I lurk when I find nothing that interests me enough to post in, or when I just get caught up in reading other peoples' posts I just keep on scrolling and clicking.

Back