• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Stunfisk VS [Emolga] [ Rogue Electrics! ]

Stunfisk or Emolga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
587.png
SBC3H.png
618.png

This week's poll is pretty derpish, and a bit annoying too! Let's hope we can get some real debates on this. 8D

So which will it be for you? STUNFISK? OR EMOLGA?
& if you didn't get the clue last time, we WANT debates and we WANT you to keep posting who you think is better with some pretty good points. If you believe the one you've voted really DOES deserve to be the winner, keep at it! Ain't NOTHING wrong with that. tyvm kthnxbai etc

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Stunfisk. No question.

Sorry guys but Stunfisk has an entire style dedicated to it (Stunfisk'd) Emolga just has its gym leader with a style on it. CLEARLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GET ITS OWN STYLE. Plus! Stunfisk also has its own DBE page, Emolga certainly can't say that.

Stunfisk also has a sexy typing, while Emolga is similar to Pachirisu, yeaaaaaah. I went there.

Stunfisk: Still derpin' up your B/W polls.

Also I posted this on Stunfisk'd. Complete loyalty. :)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm using Stunfisk'd right now. Why cause it is winning. Emolga is just another Pikachu clone HOW ORIGINAL! Stunfisk typing is amazing as well.

Ironically both of these pokemon are on the main cast team in the anime Stunfisk(Cilan) and Emolga(Iris) and from what I have seen Emolga is really really annoying. Probably my least favorite pokemon the main cast currently have. The Volt Switch gag was only funny so long. I just wish Stunfisk would get some more love darn Pansage hogging the screen time and Crustle hogging the battles.

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
Emolga, its cute, and electric. Granted very similar to Pikachu, but still. And the theme with the gym leader is only in the banner, everything else is Emolga. How could you say no to this:
7pg2u.png

Besides Professor Oak knows best:

Spoiler:

Gamercoke

Slacker
Years
To me It's a derpfish vs. a flying electric squirrel. So I've gotta give it to Emolga!

Even though Emolga can be annoying, I've still gotta give it to Emolga!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Stunfisk is just .. I don't understand if it was just really meant as a joke or what? Just I can't even find the right words to express the way I feel about that Pokémon haha.

And I LOVE Emolga's ears and just design overall, might be similar to Pikachu but it's a whole different concept.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Emolga may be another Pikaclone, but out of all the Pikaclones (and Pikachu, not counting Raichu) it has the highest base stat total. Not only that, but it gets an immunity to Ground (with the exception of items/attacks/etc. that ground it). In addition to that, it's speedy enough to pull off Volt Switch AND U-turn to help beat the crap out of tough Pokemon.

Derpfisk, on the other hand, does have a higher base stat total and can use Rock attacks against Emolga, but it has more weaknesses (most of the types it's weak against are also very common in-game) and is rather slow. On top of that, it can't learn Volt Switch and use its Ground moves against Emolga too easily. And if pitted against a Motor Drive Emolga, it can't use ANY STAB moves against it with a chance of success. At the very least Emolga has Flying type moves, though those aren't too effective against Stunfisk.

Oh, and Emolga is much cuter and has a better design (I like its design most of Pikachu and the Pikaclones~). Also Batmolga comic Kaori got her avvie from.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Stunfisk.gif

Stunfisk!!! Fisk!! Stunfisk-fisk!!!

Derp-fish ftw!!! Stunfisk's derpiness is awesome! All of Unova exists because Stunfisk keeps it intact with his derpiness. Stunfisk is the ultimate of the derps!

Aside from derpiness, I've used both Stunfisk and Emolga in-game. Stunfisk fared better than Emolga with a wider movepool. Stunfisk can be an excellent annoyer and special defender. I've never used it competitively, but in-game he did rather well. I bred him to know Earth Power, so that was a big help, too. Also, Stunfisk is a rare Pokemon able to inflict 3 different status ailments: Paralysis (many means), Poison (Toxic), and Burn (Scald).

Stunfisk does this to those who voted against his awesome derpiness:
Stunfisk-Scald.gif

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
They both annoy me to be honest. Stunfisk's appearance just annoys me. At least other forgotten Pokemon like Dunsparce were cute (to me, anyway.) Stunfisk is just... there. :x Meanwhile, I'm still annoyed that Emolga doesn't evolve from Pachirisu. Not as much as the whole Luvdisc-Alomomola debate. but that's irrelevant. That, and it is just a Pikachu clone, yet again. :\ However, it's pretty cute and I'm a sucker for cute things, so Emolga it is. :)

Years
I've been waiting for a Ground/Electric (my first forum name was grounder on serebii) since around 2003 and actually gave up hope for one before I heard about Stunfisk. So Stunfisk holds a little place in my head that a certain gliding electric tree rat will never occupy.

STUNFISK FTW

Years
Marriland finds Emolga so annoying, but I think they're cute!

I have one in Black that's Level 58, female with Quiet nature.

Emolga is so adorable so I say Emolga.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Emolga seems so... mediocre next to the sheer hilarity of the ridiculous mess that is Stunfisk. I mean they both suck pretty bad in battle so I'm not gonna even try to compare them but at least Stunfisk is funny and not incredibly annoying in-game by paralysing you every single turn oh my God.

Years
Voted for Emolga because Stunfisk is just plain ridiculous. And that's coming from me - king of fools - so you know it is just a silly design for a pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
There's a reason that Stunfisk is called Derpfish and was the butt of an April Fools' joke last year: it's not that great. Cool typing but a fugly design, bad stats and a weird-ass movepool make it one of my least favourite critters of the entire franchise. It's not even bad in a so-bad-it's-good way that Dunsparce kinda is (which Stunfisk also stole a lot of its design from), rendering it even more useless in the grand scheme of things.

I also really like Emogla. It probably would have won a fair number of polls, so it feels unfair to put it up against such a crappy opponent. It's annoying, sure, but it has another cool typing, design, and Volt Tackle is kinda awesome. It gets my vote in a heartbeat.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I never really liked Plusle, Minun, or Pachirisu, not because they are electric-rodents like Pikachu, but rather, I just did not like their designs. Emolga just happens to be another electric rodent, but I love the typing and design; it's one of my favorites of Unova.

Stunfisk is probably one of my least favorites of the generation. I think it's typing is nice, but I do not like it's design-at all! It appeared to look like a fakemon designed by an inexperienced spriter. This is probably the easiest vote I have had to make, EMOLGA WINS hands down!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Neither, Magikarp would beat them both. Magikarp is awesome. In all seriousness, Emolga, because Stunkfish looks like an evolved piece of vomit in a 3 inch deep pudddle. And all this stuff about Emolga being Pikachu, apart from both being cute little electric types, what do the have in common? To be honest, i think it looks just like Pachirisu!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm going with Emolga because it's a lot more cuter than Stunfisk. When I first saw Stunfisk, I thought "WTF is that thing?"

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I voted for Emolga 'cause it's cute unlike brown sack - Stunfisk. Emolga is like Pachirisu but it's cute anyway and I like it.

Back