• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen brb riding my torchic

Are HMs a Thing of the Past?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Older thread died! And very relevant right now. So far we know of rollerskates, and riding A Pokemon? What kinda of transport will there be? Do you think we'll ride more? Ride only that? In what situation? What other types of transport? Share yo thoughtsss.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Realistically: i think you'll only be able to ride Pokemon in certain areas, not all over the map. I really hope they extend the list to pokemons like Rapidash, Zebstrika and such

Wishful thinking: You can ride (almost) any pokemon everywhere!
This would extent to surf too, as you would be surfing on your actual pokemon

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Lol the title, why not say Tropius or Gogoat xD
I wonder if we have to capture a Gogoat to ride it, or if it's a local Gogoat we borrow. I'll like to ride a Elephant Pokemon...

blue

gucci
Years
I doubt mounting a torchic would be very clever ;) but yeah i'd like to be able to ride certain Pokemon through certain routes, cities, up mountains etc.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
Years
Oh You.~ I enjoyed riding trains and boats all the way from the early games. Can't say I'd ride just whatever sounds good. Poor torchic.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
Years
I would imagine I would get more attached to an HM slave if they showed up more like that.

I've never had one, but I'm just saying. xP

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Making all HMs into being able to ride your Pokemon would be more than amazing!
Especially flying would look pretty sick ^^

Years
A playable mini game when flying from area to area would be pretty cool.

It would have to be able to be skipped though, the game plays slowly enough as it is at times.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Nica, don't kill the Torchic. Please. It would be cool if we get more transportation. Probably like trains which is used to get through some parts of the region. Riding bikes would probably be back since it's been here since forever. Riding Pokemon, not to fond of it happening but who knows?

Pinta77

It says on bulbapedia we'll be able to ride a new Pokemon named Gogoto. SO that one for sure at least.

Years
I came here to save Torchic!!! xDD poor buddy lol

I think it'd be AMAZING to see your pokemon actually dig into tunnels like in gen 4! go underground and stuff, I'd love to see my Excadrill dig underground to the city of my choice x3

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I wouldnt be surprised if the Pokemon riding thing is a Gogoto only thing, some Pokemon have to have their own gimmick of sorts, I think its an interesting new concept though and I hope you can ride more Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think the riding is going to be a new HM. I mean we have Lapras who is the Transport Pokemon who is well known as a ferrier. All other transport moves are HMs as well, so its not completely impossible and they are all location locked as well. They don't say that you can ONLY ride Gogoto or can ONLY ride in that city after all. Only that you can ride the Pokemon and in that city.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
It'll be interesting to see how the riding mechanics play out because the shots of the trainers atop their steeds were animated really specifically with their hands holding onto the horns like it was a motorcycle - a goatercycle, if you will.

That's it, I just popped in to make that joke

It makes me wonder if each rideable Pokemon will have its own variation of how the trainer holds on to it. That's be a very nice subtle touch. On the other hand, it could just be a feature for that one Pokemon exclusively. Depending on the speed of riding as opposed to walking, skating, or any other modes of transportation, it may be worth catching one just for it.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I read on BP that Miare City is so big that players ride Gōgōto in it to traverse it; players can direct Gōgōto with its horns.. To me, it kinda makes it sound that riding will be involved in some sort of mini game/puzzle to go through that city, so maybe that Gogoto is actually borrowed or something. If this is not the case then, I would love to be able to ride any Pokemon, anywhere. Well, maybe not Torchic though, hehe, so maybe there'll be a new HM.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I think riding the goat is a part of a game or something similar you get to do in the city?Maybe :/ But if we actually get to ride pokemon for transport like a bike.That.Would.Be.Awesome.

jrevm30

Trigesimo->"The Thirtieth"
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
can you imagine using the hm fly and flying between cities just like surfing? That'll be awesome! Can't wait to get a Braviary/Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem/Latios and ride them!

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
can you imagine using the hm fly and flying between cities just like surfing? That'll be awesome! Can't wait to get a Braviary/Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem/Latios and ride them!

I could see us taking off and showing the specific Pokemon doing it rather than allowing the freedom of Surf. How exactly would they prevent you from accessing what you aren't supposed to yet? A wall of clouds that only break apart once you've accessed that place from ground level? Haha...

Back