• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hey guys, LaZ here just popping in with a quick question and some updates regarding the LC timeline.

First of all, for those of you who have played up until Goldenrod, I'd like to ask the following question. The battle before ilex forest, is it too difficult and should it be altered? Or is it simply a challenge and should be kept? I'd like to know what people think about that part of the game.

So, on to the news.

Some of you might have remembered a while back I unveiled the LC trilogy timeline, showing 5 initials of different hacks. 3 of those were Platinum Origins, Emerald Dreams and Yellow Advance. Well, I'd like to say that each one has now got a downloadable release.

To download each one, you can head over to the following 3 links respectively for more info.

Platinum Origins
Emerald Dreams
Yellow Advance

Each one is still in Alpha state so there will be some bugs and things missing/not implemented yet. Feel free to check them out, as I'll be linking all of them together with LC being the center piece in terms of story.

Here's an updated version of the LC timeline showing all the games currently on it and where they take place.

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-26%20at%2016.25.28.png

Some people said the old one was hard to explain, so I tried to simplify it a little by showing the details at the bottom. It's read from left to right in terms of order of the games and when they start/end in correspondence with each other.

As for LC specific news, I'm on my third year at uni which is full of work. They want me to make 4 game projects and program some robots, so I'm coding full time every day. Can't say when I'll be able to work on LC again either which is a shame.

See you guys around soon, enjoy LC to every existing player and new comer, and I hope you enjoy the 3 new ones :)

Years
Hi LaZ..
The battle before ilex forest is fine as it is IMHO.. I have no trouble beating all of rivals at the same time, but it's a nice suprise though seeing all of them challenging consecutively.. Anyway, I'm looking foward for your next hack!! Can't wait to play yellow advance and emerald dreams!!!!
And of course I hope liquid crystal is finished soon :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
I liked the rival battles before ilex forest, thought they were a good addition.

i did it, but still not working..

even i try to start a new game, the problem still same..

Same for me. I have real time clock enabled, and time works, its just the day is always Sunday.

The main issue i have with this is that it means i cant get the flamethrower/thunderbolt/ice beam move tutor who only appears on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

My build number is 3.3.00412 and im using VBA 1.7.2. Anyone have any ideas?

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
epic presentation skills and lovely hack there.. whats the latest build no. ?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 3, 2020
Finish the game by completing almost 100% all you can do. Everything but catch Zapdos, put the three flutes and articuno moltres and zapdos came out but no. I was wondering if there are functional Gamesharks Liquid Crystal. Probe Fire Red but some do not work. Above all I'm interested in making up another wild pokemon like Mewtwo. Thanks in advance

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Just a question, why can't my Espeon learn Calm Mind from the CM tutor in Blackthorn. I'll try editing a TM, hopefully it'll work.

Just decided to make Espeon learn Calm Mind at 45.

Last edited:
Years
Well, how far are you right now? Because there's more than just a few things to do after the main GSC game is done xD

EDIT: Here's the latest build update:
28/10/2013 12:14:03: Build changed from 3.3.00415 to 3.3.00416. Made it possible to rebattle Gym Leaders each time beating the E4.

You'll need to beat the E4 again for it to take effect ;)
And if it ends up not working, let me know so I can fix it.

@LaZ thanks for adding a feature that I suggested and WOW, that was FAST!!!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I noticed a problem in the first gym, you can walk off the blue tiles and onto the black ones at a certain point.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
After buttloads of Eevee breeding and EV training I've made the Umbreon I was looking for, there's a slight problem though.. He keeps trying to evolve into Espeon, at 10 P.M.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
Okay, this may just be me being stupid again, but how exactly do I patch this thing? I could never figure it out... DO you need a certain program, or..?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
When will this game work for EZ Flash IV all I get is the white screen even after i write to the nor

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
hey linkandzelda, just to give ya props THIS GAME IS AMAZING! i've loved every bit of it however just out of curiousity where exactly is gold's intro sprite? i've been looking for about 2 weeks now through all the tutorials on this websites and using files such as unlz and NSE but i haven't been successful :( i was going to simply change his image but i've only been able to change his color. if i'm not suppose to post this please forgive me.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
someone explain please how to get Mewtwo in Liquid Crystal after acquiring the DNA sample!!

Back