• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Well, here is my first RNG abuse that I have done in a while, as well as my entry for the Challenge!

004.png
475.gif
270.png

Gallade
male.png
Lv.100
shiny.png
cured.png

Nickname: Winston
OT: Field | ID: 41743
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Steadfast
IV's: 31/31/30/31/31/31 [HP Dragon 70]
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moveset: Swords Dance, Close Combat, Shadow Sneak, Night Slash
Hatched: 06/27/12​

I chose to hatch it on June 27th because that is also my birthday, and I felt it fit well with the Perfect Link theme. I chose shiny Gallade as my perfect link because I've always loved the Ralts line and Gallade immediately became one of my favorite Pokemon when it was released in Generation IV. I decided on shiny because blue and orange are my favorite colors, especially when they are together. My specialty type would probably be Psychic instead of Fighting, because I'm much more intellectual than I am physical. I guess my kingdom would be similar to Illusio in the games; just a place where being an intellectual is rewarded and a place where Psychic Pokemon can call home :D

Last edited:

Crescend

Breeder
Years
Here and here. The Mawile should be female according to the reporter (which it is when I go to capture it).

I don't see anything wrong with your settings, but I have never used a cute charm lead so I can't be 100% sure. Are you sure you're hitting the correct seed though? Are you using Eontimer to hit the correct second? From the sound of it you've only checked the nature / species / gender of the pokemon you catched, but to be absolutely sure its the same seed you should also compare the IV's which you could check with pokecheck or with the RNGreporters IV range finder.

When I first started RNGing I used windows clock to sync up my game with, and I got the hang of it somehow but the more I RNG'd, the more precice I became with the timing but the problem was that I had calibrated my timings sloppy the first time around, so I was constantly hitting a second too early. I thought I had simply messed up my settings somewhere along the lines, and I ended up redoing all the settings before I realised my timing was off.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Some great RNGs this round, it's gonna be great fun to judge. I need to RNG the prize still and I'll get to it a bit later as I'm in my exams time right now. Also it's nice to see you Deku sensei, aka the person who taught me to RNG.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I don't see anything wrong with your settings, but I have never used a cute charm lead so I can't be 100% sure. Are you sure you're hitting the correct seed though? Are you using Eontimer to hit the correct second? From the sound of it you've only checked the nature / species / gender of the pokemon you catched, but to be absolutely sure its the same seed you should also compare the IV's which you could check with pokecheck or with the RNGreporters IV range finder.

When I first started RNGing I used windows clock to sync up my game with, and I got the hang of it somehow but the more I RNG'd, the more precice I became with the timing but the problem was that I had calibrated my timings sloppy the first time around, so I was constantly hitting a second too early. I thought I had simply messed up my settings somewhere along the lines, and I ended up redoing all the settings before I realised my timing was off.

I actually have one more screenshot where I was showing the IVs of the Mawile, and the ridiculously higher frames it might have been at (I'm pretty sure it's ability was 1). I hadn't discovered the whole cute charm thing on the menu at that point, but about the same results occurred after I changed it, I believe those frames actually increased a bit. I guess I wasn't hitting it or something? Which is weird because I nailed the seed for my Tangela in one try. I'm kind of afraid to try using Eontimer since I had calibrated with my windows clock, knowing me I'd have to go through everything again and I'd mess something up.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
Hi all.
I'm new to RNGing so I was hoping that somebody may be able to help me with a problem I'm having breeding in BW. My ultimate goal is to RNG a flawless shiny shroomish, but try as I might, I am not even able to hit the flawless aspect. These are the facts as I know them:
- I'm using EonTimer and RNG Reporter 9.95.
- I was able to hit my seed and capture a semi-flawless ditto in Giant Chasm. This tells me that I calibrated correctly.
- I can't seem to hit any seeds through the eggs tab in Time Finder: I am breeding my semi-flawless ditto and a male shroomish with adamant nature to get a semi-flawless shiny shroomish.
- As far as I can understand, frame advancement isn't necessary for getting desired IVs.
- I start with generating seeds in Time Finder (img attached), then I copy a selected seed into the RNG main page. Then I generate 40 or so adjacent PID frames so when I hatch my egg, I can compare to this big list and see how many frames I am off by, and try again according to this new data. However, every shroomish I hatch does not show up on the table.
- I've tried six or so different seeds now and none of the resulting pokemon have shown up on the list I generate on the main page of reporter.
- Also, I have seen in screenshots that others 9.95 reporters predict characteristics as well for the PID frames on the main page, but I don't have this and I don't see an option.
- This isn't really about me not being able to hit my shiny frame, it is the fact that I can't hit my seed or it is inaccurate for some reason.

I've attached a couple pics so you can inspect my data entry (and hopefully pick out an error) in RNG Reporter. The breeding pair is a semi-flawless ditto (mother) and an unknown IV adamant shroomish (male father) with an everstone.

I've been all through the guides, and everything I know (very little I'm sure) tells me I should be able to hatch a pokemon that will be somewhere near my shiny frame. Please somebody help me.
Thanks in advance!

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hi all.
I'm new to RNGing so I was hoping that somebody may be able to help me with a problem I'm having breeding in BW. My ultimate goal is to RNG a flawless shiny shroomish, but try as I might, I am not even able to hit the flawless aspect. These are the facts as I know them:
- I'm using EonTimer and RNG Reporter 9.95.
- I was able to hit my seed and capture a semi-flawless ditto in Giant Chasm. This tells me that I calibrated correctly.
- I can't seem to hit any seeds through the eggs tab in Time Finder: I am breeding my semi-flawless ditto and a male shroomish with adamant nature to get a semi-flawless shiny shroomish.
- As far as I can understand, frame advancement isn't necessary for getting desired IVs.
- I start with generating seeds in Time Finder (img attached), then I copy a selected seed into the RNG main page. Then I generate 40 or so adjacent PID frames so when I hatch my egg, I can compare to this big list and see how many frames I am off by, and try again according to this new data. However, every shroomish I hatch does not show up on the table.
- I've tried six or so different seeds now and none of the resulting pokemon have shown up on the list I generate on the main page of reporter.
- Also, I have seen in screenshots that others 9.95 reporters predict characteristics as well for the PID frames on the main page, but I don't have this and I don't see an option.
- This isn't really about me not being able to hit my shiny frame, it is the fact that I can't hit my seed or it is inaccurate for some reason.

I've attached a couple pics so you can inspect my data entry (and hopefully pick out an error) in RNG Reporter. The breeding pair is a semi-flawless ditto (mother) and an unknown IV adamant shroomish (male father) with an everstone.

I've been all through the guides, and everything I know (very little I'm sure) tells me I should be able to hatch a pokemon that will be somewhere near my shiny frame. Please somebody help me.
Thanks in advance!

I'm not really sure what the problem is, but I would consider trying without an Everstone. Don't quote me on this, but it seems like I read somewhere that using an Everstone can mess with the frame or seed or something..? (not sure about this). Also, I would highly suggest sticking with the same seed because you could just be having bad luck and for each seed you start you end up hitting the wrong Timer0 the first try. You should try hitting a seed at least twice (and even more since you're fairly new to RNG) to see if the egg matches with any of the calculated initial PIDRNG frame.
Also, what do you do when you start up the game? The reason I ask is that the number of NPC's can mess with the frame advancements and throw you off. You may already be doing this, but try opening the menu as soon as possible once the game starts (spam X when you see the season so the menu will open ASAP). Doing this will prevent the NPC's from advancing the frame too much.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
027.gif
028.gif

Sandshrew ♀ ★
OT: Alice ID: 57098
Adamant | Sand Rush
Scratch, Rapid Spin, Night Slash, Counter
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Hatched at Relic Castle

I'm really excited for DW Sandslash! I've always had a soft spot for Sandslash because I played Blue version. Also, I'm fond of Sandslash because it resembles Sonic and Knuckles. You'll definitely find some Sandslash on Pokecheck named Sonic or Knux, haha. I can't complain. :)

I did not check egg contents, so on my first attempt I biked around Relic Castle, which is lovely but difficult to hatch Pokemon in. I would be pretty annoyed if I had missed my frame. I didn't miss, I got shiny Sandshrew on my first try! We're obviously on the same page here. I picked female because I would link up better with a female than a male. xP

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I have been having a similar problem when I try to RNG. I can RNG fine when I use Pokemon of the same country but when I try to use a Japanese Ditto it doesn't work. I can find my starting frame easily but when I chatter to advance my frame I end up with a Pokemon that doesn't match any of the frames. I have done this multiple times using the same seed and the same number of chatter advancements and each time I end up with a different result. I filled out the RNG reporter correctly. I am hitting my seed and I am holding the correct buttons and I bring up the menu asap. I can RNG fine when I use two Pokemon from the same country even with an everstone, but it doesn't work when I use a Ditto or Japanese Pokemon. Is there something I'm missing?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I have been having a similar problem when I try to RNG. I can RNG fine when I use Pokemon of the same country but when I try to use a Japanese Ditto it doesn't work. I can find my starting frame easily but when I chatter to advance my frame I end up with a Pokemon that doesn't match any of the frames. I have done this multiple times using the same seed and the same number of chatter advancements and each time I end up with a different result. I filled out the RNG reporter correctly. I am hitting my seed and I am holding the correct buttons and I bring up the menu asap. I can RNG fine when I use two Pokemon from the same country even with an everstone, but it doesn't work when I use a Ditto or Japanese Pokemon. Is there something I'm missing?

Are you 100% positive you input the method as BW (International)?

Also, I just hatched this cute little guy :

004.png
557.gif

Dwebble
male.png
Lv.1
shiny.png

OT: Field | ID: 41743
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31 [HP Dark 70]
Moveset: Fury Cutter, Night Slash, Double Team, X-Scissor​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I am positive I am using BW (International) and I have the box for Ditto checked. I can find the starting frame the first time I hit my seed, but whenever I hit the same seed after I restart my DS I end up with something different that isn't on any of the frames.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I am positive I am using BW (International) and I have the box for Ditto checked. I can find the starting frame the first time I hit my seed, but whenever I hit the same seed after I restart my DS I end up with something different that isn't on any of the frames.

What version of RNG Reporter do you have? Also, would you mind posting a screenshot of the Time Finder? It may also be luck with the Timer0. Just a little while ago with my Dwebble, I hit the seed and found the initial frame, then the next two tries I advanced to the shiny frame and got the wrong Pokemon, then I tried for the starting frame two more times and didn't hit the seed, then on the sixth and seventh time I hit the seed then advanced the frame and got my Dwebble. Sometimes if you can't get the desired results it's just a problem with bad luck when hitting the correct Timer0.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I am using RNG Reporter 9.95. To make things clearer here's what I been doing:

1. I find the starting frame by hitting seed and immediately collecting the egg.
2. I hatch the egg and find the starting frame which is usually 2-9 frames away from the initial frame.
3. I restart my DS and hit the seed again. I bring up the menu asap and do the amount of chatters needed to advance to the frame I want.
4. I collect the egg and hatch it.
5. When I try to find what frame I am hitting I can't find a match.
6. I repeat steps 3-5 and I get a different result each time.

On the screenshot, I am trying to hit the seed highlighted.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Do you open the menu in step one before talking to the daycare man? That would just change your initial frame though, so I'm not sure what the problems are. Also, we should move this conversation to VM so we don't clog up the thread.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hey folks, we are extending the current challenge. It's a really great concept, so fire up those DS systems and get something in if you can!

extending the challenge til the 28th at 11:59pm UTC-4

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
007.png
642.png
007.png

Thundurus ♂ Lv. 40
OT: Peeta | ID: 42392
Nature: Timid
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 31, 2, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Non-Redis

My perfect link is the biggest troll of them all, Thundurus. I decided to go with Timid because I already have Hasty and Timid works the best with his new forme. I'd have a perfect link with him because I, of course, am quite the troll like him. I struggled with him for a few days as I always do with roamers, but I finally got him today.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
So, before the Challenge ends, here's my entry:

コロモリ (Koromori - Woobat) ♂
1.png
(lvl 1)
527.gif

Nature: Timid || Ability: Simple || OT: ♠ゴンゾ♠ (1)
IVs: 31/2/30/31/31/31 [HP Ice 70]
Confusion | Stored Power

As many of you know already, Hero can form a perfect link with Psychic Pokemon. I'm not that picky, I'd be glad to be Aurora's Warlord. Woobat is warm furry and fuzzy, just like me! He's so big-hearted that even his nose is heart shaped.

I wouldn't battle, I'd travel to fighting kingdoms to be the peacemaker and keep balance in Ransei region. Also, Nobunaga's not the only one, who can have a shiny Pokemon - I'm special as well, even more special than he is, because my Pokemon has the freshly released DW ability. How simple is that?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I would like to extend the challenge one more day until the 29th of July at the same time due to PC's extended downtime this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back