• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

Years
I found out through TV Tropes that Sarah Natochenny (AKA the new voice of Ash) did Elesa's voice in the dubbed trailer. I knew it wasn't Eileen Stevens after all.

But still, I think Stevens does a much better job with her voice.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Colress is also voiced by Sean Schemmel, compare it to his Cyrus, Kodai, SSJ4 Goku. Plus with this basically being a majority 4Kids cast, it makes sense and Dan Green hasn't been VA'ing since the life issues hitting, unless he went back to it recently. Also, Sean Schemmel via his fanclub on Facebook he confirmed doing voice work for this trailer. TVTropes also said that Dan Green was the Shadow Triad member. So, from what I can tell the cast list so far looks like this:

Kyohei = ?
N = Eric Stuart
Mei = Lisa Ortiz
Cheren = Jason Griffith
Shadow Triad = Dan Green (Not entirely sure about this one, I'll go with what TVTropes says for now.)
Hugh/Rival = Sean Schemmel
Colress = Sean Schemmel
Elesa = Sarah Natochenny
Bianca = Eileen Stevens
Pokémon = Same as Japanese version.
Plasma Grunt = ?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Colress is also voiced by Sean Schemmel, compare it to his Cyrus, Kodai, SSJ4 Goku. Plus with this basically being a majority 4Kids cast, it makes sense and Dan Green hasn't been VA'ing since the life issues hitting, unless he went back to it recently. Also, Sean Schemmel via his fanclub on Facebook he confirmed doing voice work for this trailer. TVTropes also said that Dan Green was the Shadow Triad member. So, from what I can tell the cast list so far looks like this:

Kyohei = ?
N = Eric Stuart
Mei = Lisa Ortiz
Cheren = Jason Griffith
Shadow Triad = Dan Green (Not entirely sure about this one, I'll go with what TVTropes says for now.)
Hugh/Rival = Sean Schemmel
Colress = Sean Schemmel
Elesa = Sarah Natochenny
Bianca = ?
Pokémon = Same as Japanese version.
Plasma Grunt = ?
I think I heard from earlier on from this thread that Bianca was voiced by Eileen Stevens. I didn't realize it at first, but after seeing the trailer a couple more times, I could hear a small hint of Iris in Bianca's voice. That's just me though.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I think I heard from earlier on from this thread that Bianca was voiced by Eileen Stevens. I didn't realize it at first, but after seeing the trailer a couple more times, I could hear a small hint of Iris in Bianca's voice. That's just me though.
After I posted this guess of the cast list, I started noticing that. I'll add that to the list. She should've been Bianca in the TV Series, this voice was way better than the one for B & W.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Does anyone else think that Bianca sounds just like Dawn? That Hugh/Kyouhei sound almost the same in the Plasma fight scene? And using Ash's voice actor for Elesa might throw people off because they're different genders and literally sound exactly the same? I don't really like any of the voices in the english one ;_; N'S VOICE. it just sounds... honestly, dumb.

Is it weird that I like the one in a foreign language better than one in my own language? lol I guess it would sound different to me if I was Japanese.

Years
OK guys, here's the voice cast for the dubbed trailer:

Kyouhei: Tom Wayland
Mei: Lisa Ortiz
Hugh: Sean Schemmel
Cheren: Jason Griffith
Bianca: Eileen Stevens
N: Tom Wayland
Colress: Sean Schemmel
Elesa: Sarah Natochenny
Shadow Triad: Jason Griffith
Team Plasma Grunt: Eileen Stevens
Pokemon: Kiyotaka Furushima & Kensuke Sato

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 27, 2016
The Pokémon Company posted the full (Japanese dubbed) trailer with the previously DVD- and English dub-only footage in 1080p a few days ago.

And, for the sake of completeness, I'll embed the official English dub into this post, as well.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I absolutely love the trailers for Black 2 and White 2. I know a lot of people have said this, but they should make that another series of Pokémon or replace the old one all together. Ash should be in his twenties by now and needs to retire. I would love to watch a series with Mei/Male protagonist. These trailers gets me all hyped up about B2W2.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
So, when will this turned into an official, full season anime?
Never? Because we already have one?

ed925f710a1b529c36e758573e127e971349277316_full.jpg

Years
So, when will this turned into an official, full season anime?
Never? Because we already have one?

ed925f710a1b529c36e758573e127e971349277316_full.jpg

It more than likely won't, we already have Ash and Pikachu and to create another anime is quite expensive.
And if they ditch Ash and Pikachu a lot of viewers will lose interest.
Besides they're target audience is for young children despite inadvertently catering for older people as well. So even if they did create a more mature style anime it would still be targeted at younger children hence ruining its purpose.
Oh well I guess we're stuck with our imagination..

Back