• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokémon Colosseum: Legacy [OOC]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Manska and I have concluded who's getting in. Here are the results.

SUs Accepted:

• Greiger's Sean Webster
  • CourageHound's Trevor Dean
  • Sacrament's Austin Yamaguchi
  • Supervegeta's Kevin Riley
  • Alby4t5's Alicia Mose
We are working on the first post, peeps. Brace yourselves. Adventure is coming!

Years
If that is fine and I'm asking respectfully May I asked why my S.U. was not accepted??? I just feel I worked very hard on this character.

Years
Hi Donovan, and Jegretis too since this applies to both of you.

The main reason that you weren't accepted is slot amount; not including the GMs ourselves and people who had reservations due to helping us some in development there were three empty slots and five sign-ups. Ray is GMing another RP and this is my first time actually GMing rather than just participating so we didn't want to have too many players and overextend ourselves. While I would have loved to roleplay with everyone who applied I don't think it's wise to have a very large player base for me to keep up with in the first roleplay that I'm handling. Thank you both for applying and showing interest though.

Years
So, the IC has finally been accepted which means this thing is up and running! Head on down to the IC thread and lets get this started people.

In other news I just realised that I forgot to actually post the su sheet for my character here so, after much digging through my hard drive, here it is:

Spoiler:

Sacrament

burn that mother down.
Years
Oh hey it's up! Sorry for not posting yet, I'll do so first thing after school tomorrow. *excited noises*

Years
So, things are getting moving with the rp now it seems, posts are being made and so are plans, all that. As such we have a feature to announce and I'm going to summarise the answers to some questions asked over skype so they're here for everyone to see:

Pokemon!

At the start of each route (Start being when someone makes it that far and decides to cross over.) either me or Ray will make a post. This post will contain a list of pokemon that may be encounter in the area and basic geographical information.

The goal of the RP is to have all the pokemon but there will inevitably be a few we miss by accident. If you have a specific pokemon you wish to encounter at some point mention it to us and we'll work it in where appropriate.

Levels!

This RP runs a level system for your pokemon, kept track of in the background by the GMs, who will tell you when your pokemon is ready to learn a move or can be evolved. If you want to know your pokemon's levels feel free to ask us, otherwise just enjoy roleplaying and let us handle the numbers.

Moves!

This discussion was had last night on Skype so most of you know it, but just to reiterate: Pokemon are able to perform basic fighting - pretty much anything using their body parts - naturally if it could be considered a basic skill. However, once they level up and learn the actual move they will be more efficient and do more damage. (So, any Scyther can cut things with it's blades, but a Scyther using the Slash attack will be much more skilled. Similarly unless it's mentally retarded your Poochyena would be able to bite things without knowing the attack, but the the actual attack would do more damage and presumably channels some sort of energy in order to do dark damage; bite and Bite are different things in pokemon).

Also as a side note to make early battles less boring to read and write starter pokemon may already use their early elemental attacks such as ember, bubble, water gun, vine whip, absorb etc.

Items!

Your trainers are assumed to have a decent stock of basic items such as food or healing supplies at all times, though feel free to write them going through a shortage for dramatic purposes if you want to. More advanced items, such as hold items, TMs, vitamins, Key items and pretty much anything you couldn't reasonably describe as basic are either to be obtained as part of the story or through events as detailed below.

This only applies to pokemon related items by the way, so you don't need to do a sidequest in order for your character to go clothes shopping or anything stupid like that.

Events: Sidequests and Hidden quests!

Sidequests and Hidden quests are small chunks of interaction where us as the GMs will directly control the environment and happenings, while you control your characters in response to it. They will typically involve challenging battles to test your tactics or puzzles and riddles to test your mind; both of these event types are things that you can fail when you try them.

So why should you want to do these? The answer is Rewards! A successfully (And sometimes unsuccessfully) completed event of either type will always have some form of reward. This could be some form of rare item you could use, trade or sell, or it might be a pokemon not normally found in the area that could even hold a special ability or egg move, or even be shiny.

So, how do these events work? The first step is simply telling the a GM that you want to do one, either through Skype or VM or whatever. Events will be done as a Joint-Post between your character (Or characterS, there's nothing stopping groups of people doing these.) over titanpad, a google document or some other form of synchronised writing utility.

Hidden Quests are usually the more relaxed of the two. You simply tell the GM you wish to explore (You are absolutely free to rp your character looking around without a GM, they just won't find anything significant unless it's pre-plotted) and in the jointpost the GM will control the environment, telling you what your character finds while you tell them where your character is looking. These types of event can help your character acquire plenty of items, and some areas even have hidden areas such as caves, ruins or other such things you might find and be able to explore.

Sidequests are more typical RPG style quests. Once again, simply tell a GM you want to do a Sidequest and they will think something up or you. These will usually be an event that involves a Challenge. This could be a puzzle or riddle you have to solve, a situation you have to resolve or a battle you have to win. Battles done as part of a Sidequest work by you using your head; the GM will control the enemies and you will need to have your pokemon fight tactically to win. Simple head-on attacks will usually result in you losing, tactical thinking will bring victory. These are much harder and easier to fail than Hidden Quests, but have greater rewards.

If you have any questions about anything here feel free to send me a VM or hit me up on Skype.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Spoiler:

Willhelm Thrace with Rhaegwynn. Death metal songs were listened during the making of this. :P

Back