• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Only I Can Live Forever

If you could, would you live forever?

• Yes

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Ok so I was reading this thread ([Link]), and I started thinking. What if this little girl's condition was turned into a treatment? More to that, what if this treatment would allow you to stop aging, to regenerate and heal from injuries quicker. Basically, what if this treatment could let you live forever.

Let me just say that I wanna cut through all the "But this and but that" kind of posts. I know that it would be expensive and I know that there's little to no chance that this could ever happen. I'm just wondering, if you could live forever, would you? Keep in mind that only you can take the treatment, so you won't be able to live with your family or friends or girl/boy-friends. You would simply live forever.

Also, sorry the title is from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :p

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
It's interesting, because on one hand, you can let the current generation take over and leave yourself to see what happens, only for the short amount of time you're actually here, but on the other hand, you can stay forever and see what becomes of mankind. But what if you eventually get lonely? What if the future isn't what you wanted it to be?

I wouldn't be able to choose, honestly.

I wouldn't really be thinking about whether to see the future or not honestly. I'd be more concerned about sitting around and watching everyone I love die of old age or for whatever reasons. So no, I'd definitely not live forever. That would just be terrible. Really terrible.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Don't be mistaken, whilst as this body may well die one day, I will live forever.
It's all about perspective my friend.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't think I would enjoy living forever. You'd get so bored after a while; life would just lose its meaning. (Well, I suppose life would take on a whole new meaning but I think I'm scared of what that would mean.)

I feel like if everyone did it, society would stagnate because people would start to get really comfortable with the routine of their lives, there would be no changes in the world (to some extent), and there wouldn't be much point in shaking things up. The idea I have in my mind sounds pretty boring. And if this were only offered to certain people? No way. I wouldn't want to stay young forever while everyone around me grew old and died. That sounds so depressing. I'd never make friends out of fear of losing them constantly and become a reclusive hermit. :(

Years
I don't know if I could end my own life though. And not choosing immortality when it is offered would be ending my own life out of negligence. There is so much to learn about this world anyways, so I think it would still be worth it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nope. I would go insane if I were to know that I never will die.

Also, pretty much what Roc said.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
No I dont think I would. The thing about living forever is I can't imagine staying sane, just living never aging and such, I think a person would kinda go crazy. Life has an end point and I accept this.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'd just turn into Barney from How I Met Your Mother, and live life forever. Let's me get the women and still be awesome and stuff, ya know?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
In a heartbeat. I could do everything I've ever wanted to do. There's the whole point about seeing the future and whatnot but I would use it to knock everything off my bucket list right now.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
It might be an unwise choice, but given the opportunity I'd live forever simply out of my fear of death. The fear of not existing anymore is really troubling to me, and while it would be terrible to watch everybody I love die, and while that might make me want to die as well, I think the ability to find new people to love and preserve all their love forever might be enough to sustain me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
No, I wouldn't want to. I enjoy living for the moment and I like the feeling of cherishing the moments and memories and time I have left. I think in a way.. part of the beauty in life is also death.

Back