• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate/Improve My Tried And True Team

Years
635.png

Hydreigon - Lv 100 @ Choice Scarf
EV: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Surf
Dark Pulse

Alright so Hydreigon is basically a heavy hitter with a wide range of which to do his heavy hitting. He has enough defenses where he can usually switch into a hit as long as I can predict what the are using. More often then not I'll switch into a fire attack with Hydreigon and then let him loose on dragons, ghost, and psychic types. He can also has great type coverage with surf and flamethrower added in for a great sweeper.

Spr_5b_466.png

Electivire - Lv 80 @ Expert Belt
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Motor Drive
Nature: Adamant
Thunderpunch
Icepunch
Crosschop
Earthquake

So this isn't the average Electivire set but it still runs excellent. The whole point of this set is to switch in on any electric attack and then proceed to sweep. With excellent type coverage Electivire can OHKO almost anything after a +1 speed boost. I usually work him with Vaporeon to get that speed boost but I also occasionally get the boost early when someone pulls out thunder wave. It's all about timing with this guy. If you get, you got it.

Spr_5b_598.png

Ferrothorn - Lv 89 @ Leftovers
EV: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

This is my starter. Obviously to set up stealth rock, Ferrothorn also works great as a wall counter. He basically annihilates Blissey walls, and he has great defenses too. If he even hints at fire though, Ferrothorn is sent running but he has enough in him to take at least one fighting hit (usually). He's really great at causing chaos for my opponents. Plus he usually helps me start the chain to get Electivire that +1 speed boost. Fire pokemon to counter Ferrothorn -> Electric pokemon to counter Vaporeon -> Speed boost.
Spr_5b_248_s.png

Tyranitar - Lv 73 @ Choice Scarf
EV: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Ability: Sand Stream
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Dragon Dance

Tyranitar loves to kill. I mean he loves it. I can usually tear a huge hole in an enemies team with this big guy, plus he starts up the permanent sand stream that half of my team is completely immune to or can heal off. He sends fire and bird types packing, which is great to cover Ferrothorn. Plus he has type coverage to also check psychic and ghost types. If you can manage to pull of a dragon dance on Tyranitar he then basically runs like Electivire. DD and then proceed to sweep.

134.png

Vaporeon - Lv 82 @ Leftovers
EV: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
Ice Beam
Surf
Wish
Protect

Let me tell you this little guy sure can take some pain. The idea is to switch him in initially on a fire move and then to start passing wishes for free switches. He's perfect against nearly all water types, save Milotics Hidden Power Grass. Plus he has Ice Beam to help him check dragons and grass types alike. With a titanic amount of health, Vaporeon can go just about all day without a scratch. He helps scout out those pokemon who love electric type attacks also, which helps Electivire spell doom for my opponents. Mid to late game I usually try to use Tyranitar with him so I can switch in on a water type move and continue wish passing.

Spr_5b_212_f_s.png

Scizor - Lv 100 @ Choice Band
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Technician
Superpower
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Pursuit

This guy makes one excellent revenge killer. With that technician bullet punch he has this way of just coming out and wrecking my opponents pokemon before they can do anything about it. He's got pursuit to chase fleeing pokemon, u- turn for some free switches, and superpower for a great ice check. Scizor also has very few weaknesses so he can take quite a bit of pain.

The only trouble I run into with this team is when people run a lot of fighting types so I'm looking for a way to cover that fatal weakness.​

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think Scizor needs to be bulkier with 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe. Scizor is still slow even with 252 Spe.

Replace Scald with Surf on Vaporeon. Scald has a chance of burning the opponent, supporting the team.

Why do you have Dragon Dance + Choice Scarf on Tyranitar? Scarf locks you into one move. Life Orb, Babiri Berry or Chople Berry is a better replacement.

Electivire received a stronger STAB move in the form of Wild Charge in the generation shift, so that goes over ThunderPunch.

Years
Alright. So I put a choice band on Tyranitar and I changed Dragon Dance to Pursuit. Can't believe I didn't think of that. T_T I don't think I'll change Thunderpunch to wild charge though because of the recoil damage.

Bump. Could I get any more comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back