• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I know this has been asked a lot, but I'm in a bind with the White Forest. I got there and there's no tall grass or water, and only about three people. I have about 200 hours on my game, so obviously I took a while to get there, and from what I hear that probably is the big reason why there's no grass left. Also, from what I hear, the only way to get it to come back is to sync with someone who has the Black version and use High Link to go to their Black City. The problem is, I don't know anyone who plays Black. This is a real inconvenience. Isn't there anyway to get around this other than waiting until I meet someone IRL who plays Pokemon Black?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I know this has been asked a lot, but I'm in a bind with the White Forest. I got there and there's no tall grass or water, and only about three people. I have about 200 hours on my game, so obviously I took a while to get there, and from what I hear that probably is the big reason why there's no grass left. Also, from what I hear, the only way to get it to come back is to sync with someone who has the Black version and use High Link to go to their Black City. The problem is, I don't know anyone who plays Black. This is a real inconvenience. Isn't there anyway to get around this other than waiting until I meet someone IRL who plays Pokemon Black?

Unfortunately, no. The only way to get people, and therefore grass, is to link up with someone irl who has Black and talk to people from their Black City.

Years
I feel like a dork...afterall these years, I just now found out that chatots chatter can be voice recorded...now for my questions..what is the point of chatter and is that why chatot is banned from online play?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I feel like a dork...afterall these years, I just now found out that chatots chatter can be voice recorded...now for my questions..what is the point of chatter and is that why chatot is banned from online play?

Chatter's extra function was to show us the new microphone function on the DS. You record a voice, and the louder it is, the higher the % chance Chatter will confuse. In battle, the voice is heavily distorted; however, since there's a chance that you can still send profanities through Wi-Fi, it's banned. There's also the hassle of transferring the recorded sound too.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
What does Traveled Through time Mean? I mean My Primape,Sceptile and Aggron All have the same thing when you look at their summaries it looks like this

Kanto(primape)/Hoenn(other two)
Apparently met at level 100
after a travelling through time

Or something like that

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What does Traveled Through time Mean? I mean My Primape,Sceptile and Aggron All have the same thing when you look at their summaries it looks like this

Kanto(primape)/Hoenn(other two)
Apparently met at level 100
after a travelling through time

Or something like that

They were met in another game set in a different time period, and travelled to your game, so they had to travel to time to make it into that game.

Years
Hm - it's been quite long since I've been in the dream world D:
I was back now and somehow can't figur out how to water my berries ;~; I remember I had trouble with it before... x.x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hm - it's been quite long since I've been in the dream world D:
I was back now and somehow can't figur out how to water my berries ;~; I remember I had trouble with it before... x.x

All you need to do is click on the berry sprites when you're at your Dream Garden and then it'll automatically water them for you. :3 And you'll never run out of water for your own berries either, so that's a good thing!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Really? o_O Actually, your berries might've already been watered by someone else, in which case they aren't clickable. If they have dark-coloured soil, then yeah that's why. :x

If not, do any error messages pop up?

Years
Hm. I've just planted them. Perhaps they can't be watered right after planting? D:
You said something about the soil being dark... i suppose there are conditions when you can water then? @.@

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh yeah, no wonder (I probably should've asked that first :x). They're automatically watered as soon as you plant them. By your next Dream World visit you should be able to water them if they're berries that take longer than a day to grow. If not, then they should be able to produce 5 berries (only for the ones that take a day) without you needing to do anything further. :)

Also as a note, darker soil = already watered, brown soil = needing water and white soil = berries that haven't been watered for a while. And usually in the last case you don't get as much berries as you could possibly be getting if they get watered as soon as they get brown.

PurpleMischief

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015
Hey guys, quick question -
So today, I was breeding a Porygon with my Ditto in White, I needed one Porygon for a trade with someone. I put my Porygon and Ditto in the day care and run off to the giant bridge and then back. Immediately the daycare worker says "Hey! You have an egg, do you want it?" Well duh. So I take that egg and check my party. I had one egg, so I go inside to talk to the DayCare Women to put my Porygon back in the box, and the lady says "My husbands looking for you,"
Turns out I had ANOTHER egg. I only walked like...five steps to go inside to the lady? I then had 2 eggs.

They both hatched into Porygon's. Has anyone else had this happen?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hey guys, quick question -
So today, I was breeding a Porygon with my Ditto in White, I needed one Porygon for a trade with someone. I put my Porygon and Ditto in the day care and run off to the giant bridge and then back. Immediately the daycare worker says "Hey! You have an egg, do you want it?" Well duh. So I take that egg and check my party. I had one egg, so I go inside to talk to the DayCare Women to put my Porygon back in the box, and the lady says "My husbands looking for you,"
Turns out I had ANOTHER egg. I only walked like...five steps to go inside to the lady? I then had 2 eggs.

They both hatched into Porygon's. Has anyone else had this happen?
If I understand this correctly, what you're saying is you put Ditto and Porygon into the Daycare together. You later came back and you received your first egg from the Daycare man. You went inside to take back your Porygon, but the Daycare lady tells you her husband is looking for you. You go outside, and receive your second egg from the man and they both later hatch into Porygon.

If that's what you're saying, then this has actually happened to me a few times before. Not only in Black and White, but in other games too.

PurpleMischief

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015

If I understand this correctly, what you're saying is you put Ditto and Porygon into the Daycare together. You later came back and you received your first egg from the Daycare man. You went inside to take back your Porygon, but the Daycare lady tells you her husband is looking for you. You go outside, and receive your second egg from the man and they both later hatch into Porygon.

If that's what you're saying, then this has actually happened to me a few times before. Not only in Black and White, but in other games too.

Exactly what you said. I guess I didn't make it easy enough to understand. But yes, I was quite surprised, because I've never received two eggs without doing all the work for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back