• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Years
umm.... well, I can't say Im gonna be happy if it happens to be a new Forme of Mewtwo. if it isn't, then I'm interested in what it is. it looks a lot like a palette swapped Zoroark to me, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 24, 2017
There are a lot of people hating on it. Honestly I'm kind of close to being a "Gen Wunner." Gens 1 and 2 were my favorite and I've been playing the games since around gen 1 came out and a lot of the newer things didn't appeal to me even though I still enjoyed every game. But I actually really like this. I think it's just a new form. Not an evo/prevo and I don't think it will be called mewthree...that's lame. But I do like the design and it's better than a lot of the legendaries they've given us *cough Arceus cough Regi's cough manaphy cough*

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
This new Mewthree/ Mewtwo forme thing sure is interesting. I have mixed thoughts on it. If it's not a new form then I think I'll like it. At the moment being treated like a completely new Pokemon so if it really is then I'll be ok with that. If it's a new form of Mewtwo then that's kind of disappointing. I don't think Mewtwo really needs a new form , especially if the said form doesn't change Mewtwo's stats or anything. I just hate how Gamefreak now thinks every legendary Pokemon needs forms for no reason.If it is a new form and it's not any better than Mewtwo then I'll be disappointed. It will be just like Keldeo's new form or the Kami trios's new form. I also realized that complaining about the new Mewtwo form/Mewthree thing puts me in the same group as the people who complain about every new Pokemon that's released. Still have mixed feelings on it but still people that do that bother me. I just don't know what to say anymore.Maybe it will grow on me. It's sort of cool, but still sort of odd. The official artwork does make it look better than that scan of the poster, I'll give it that.

Hopefully the new movie explains thing a bit more. Like maybe Mewtwo is cloned (by Team Plasma??) like Mew was and the clone is this thing? Anything seems possible to me.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I have no idea why but "Mewthree" reminds me of Dragon Ball Z...o.o

Anyways, i think its mew and mewtwo merged, since hes a little smaller than mewtwo and he is pink and has a mewtwo tail and face.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I have no idea why but "Mewthree" reminds me of Dragon Ball Z...o.o

Exactly what I was thinking.

I hope it is a new Pokemon rather than a forme, we have too many of those.
My first thought when I saw it was maybe some scientists got some more Mew DNA and made this one, and it's another attempt at making the ultimate Pokemon.

I think it would be cool if Giovanni returns, but good, or with a new evil team. It would be awesome if he helped you during the game, or being the leader of a new group. I just have a feeling Giovanni will show up in the games with a significant role.

Years
Personally I'm okay with it's design. Although I've also seen a lot of people say that they're quitting pokemon because of it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
aaaand the humor is rolling in.
Spoiler:
OMG, I WISH THAT WAS REAL NOW.

I should go back and find all of my predictions for X/Y. I believe I called Formes of Mewtwo recently (which appears to be wrong), my guesses for starter evolution types and sub-types (unconfirmed), maybe guesses for the X/Y legends (don't recall), guesses on Sylveon (most discussed ATM), and for genetics to be the theme in X/Y (using the male and female X/Y example).

So far I'm 1/2. I can accept that.

Cyclone

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
...yeah but still, look at the actual website

I heard someone in the other thread say that new formes have been called "new Pokémon" in the past.

Besides, every new Pokémon up until now has had its name released at the same time as its shape. Considering what the site says, I can't be so sure, but I'm still pretty sure that this is an alternate Mewtwo forme, considering it's the star of the next movie and all the recognizable body features as well as body color (except for eye color) are the same as Mewtwo's. Mew itself is a more pinkish color while Mewtwo is light purple.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
At first I thought I'd be really hateful against this. I am currently surprised I'm not. This looks much better than I thought it would and even though I'd hate it being a new form, it seems to be treated as a new Pokemon entirely. As long as it's not actually named "Mewthree" I'm ok with it.

Still, looking at this... they might fix up a few evolution-less Pokemon that people have begged for. It certainly makes the possibilities allot higher, since they are obviously referencing Gen 1 already.

I'd like to see where this leads.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I feel like this discussion of what this "new Pokémon" is, is going to become like the speculation of the Mascots and Sylveon typing's, we'll be going back and forth for awhile until we get some confirmation.
Interestingly enough the official site also says that the Legend of Mewtwo continues...not the Legend of Mew as it should be considering it's the original.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I saw this rough translation on the Sylveon page.

"Simultaneous screenings, and short" published July 13, 2013 (Saturday), "awakening genome Mewtwo sect of Godspeed" Pocket Monsters Best Wishes The Movie "", the new Pokemon "Pikachu and Eevee ☆ Friends Ninfia" appears !

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
I like the design, it's very cool, I just hope it's a new Pokémon and not a Mewtwo form.
Mewtwo is one of my favourite Pokémon, so I'd hate if someone just added a new form this late on the series.
I also don't like the idea of Pokémon being genetically altered, or made by humans. (It's almost a fact that it's science-made though :/)

"As long as it's not actually named "Mewthree" I'm ok with it." <---This!

Edit:

The official Pokémon website says, "It is suspected that the newly discovered Pokémon has some sort connection with the legendary Mewtwo."
So it's almost certain it's not a new form and makes me feel so good in some way that maybe Mew's mysteries are important again

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Seriously? :( I really dislike the Mewtwo design ;_; Actually it isn't that bad it only looks weird in-game. XD; I'll get used to it. :3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Whaaat? I was thinking the exact opposite- I didn't like its design much until I saw it in action. Although that's how I am with a lot of 'mon. xD;

I'm honestly hoping it's not a form, guys. I don't see how they're going to fit that into anything. I could see a new clone, though- another attempt at Mew or an attempt at cloning Mewtwo (for whatever reason). I guess whatever it ends up being, though... I want a really good story behind it. :D

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
Hmmm, I like the design but they are making it come off as a new Pokemon rather than a forme or evolution (or whatever else), which only confuses me tbh.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Going out on a limb now. Ok so Canonly Mewtwo destroyed the place he was created, both in the games and in the anime, so majority of the data has been erased.

What is Newtwo (saw someone call the new Mewtwo thing this), is another Clone of Mew and not Mewtwo?

What ever evil team tried to reinvent the data used to create Mewtwo, but because most of it was destroyed they had to constantly test and tweak the clones. All of them until recently failed.

Now, the Newtwo was created, but since the original data was destroyed he came out different than Mewtwo. Hence why they share the same color scheme, but have different body types. Who ever was incharge attempted to create another ultimate life form.

I can honestly see this Newtwo having stats between Mew and Mewtwo (between 600 and 680). If not a carbon copy of either Mew or Mewtwo. If Mew copy, then it would either have a seperate stat distribution instead of straight 100's. If Mewtwo then it could be higher in defense and lower in attacks. It looks more sleek and speedy too.

Same experiments don't always yield the same exact results. I'm thinking this is a new Mew Clone in an attempt to correct the mistake made with Mewtwo.

H.Vega

Johto Wanderer...
Years
I think it's pretty neat. I was just on vp and they changed their pokemon board name to RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD. There's a lot of butthurt going on there right now.

I think it's a forme. One, it replaces mewtwo on the movie poster, and two, pokemon.com said the same thing about kyurem's new formes.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It's not confirmed to be a form and I don't want it to be a form. Or an evolution. I just want it to be genetically linked to Mew and Mewtwo. AND HAVE A GOOD STORY.

@Xander YES THIS IS WHAT I WANT

Also we're supposed to get some more info on Mewbuu on the 18th at the end of the Episode N finale. I guess it's going to tie into the July 13th movie with Genesect. :3

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Hmm...guessing this isn't Mew two, rather, it is a creature created by Mew two himself, by altering his own DNA, so he has someone he can talk to with an equal footing.Who's to say he wouldn't get lonely, being the only one of his kind, after all...

...but I like Xander's idea more.

Back