• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Look man. Amazing. The only word that comes to mind, but I have one minor problem.
I like to play pokemon on my ipod using the gpsphone emutlater but I can't save because it will over ride my leaf green and fire red (which i have spent 100 hours on)
Will this be fixed ever. I don't mind playing on my pc but its so much easier on the ipod.

Just name the rom something else....-_- have you even looked at the save files?

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Pokemon Ultra Violet won't load for me on any emulator. Right after the title screen with mew a white screen appears. What can I do; I really want to play it?

I have even tried redownloading the roms but it doesn't work.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
Hi, I'm having a blast trying to catch every Pokemon in the game! I've discovered two things that might be bugs (they're very minor though). For some reason, I can't use the bicycle on 4-Points Isle. Also, on 4-Points Isle, using the town map doesn't appear to show the island (as evidence, using the map at one point on the island shows me to be out at sea). If I notice anything else, I'll let you know.

Years
Hi, I'm having a blast trying to catch every Pokemon in the game! I've discovered two things that might be bugs (they're very minor though). For some reason, I can't use the bicycle on 4-Points Isle. Also, on 4-Points Isle, using the town map doesn't appear to show the island (as evidence, using the map at one point on the island shows me to be out at sea). If I notice anything else, I'll let you know.

Not being able to use the bike happened to me also, now that you mention it, but I forgot about it (I got the "you can't use that here" message, if I remember right). I didn't try using the map though, so I can't speak to that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
the bycycle thing is just something i overlooked... as I did all my testing in superspeed...

and the map issue is something I did not knwo how to work out... because it would be adding a new page to the map...

you can call em glitches... i suppose... but they are not game ending or anything...

but yes I knew of both ;) thanks tho

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
You have games like Fire Red Omega and Yet Another Fire Red Hack that aim to change everything possible while keeping the region, and you have this.

Perfect way to play the game on an emulator. Also kudos for keeping Gen 3 mons on a separate area for later. Is there a possibility of doing this for Emerald later on, at least for the sake of the Battle Frontier? It would probably need something a lot bigger than 4-points for all of the mons that never appear in the game, but I think it would be worth it in the end.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
For the map issue, you could compress the sevii island maps from 3 pages onto 2, leaving you with one page to do with as you please. Four island, naval rock, and five island specifically don't take up much space as far as the map is concerned (most of the page consists of water). Anyway, if you ever feel like doing more with this hack, it might be something to look into.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
that is a good idea... they should all fit in 2 maps... thanks. ill look into map editing sooner or later.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Ok so i started playing this game about 4 days ago, i just need to do the last gym and then the elite 4, but i think i found 2 bugs.
First, when i first went to berry forest, i didn't get to fight celebi, the egg was there straight away when i was rescuing lostelle, i cut my losses and just took it because i read you get a second chance to fight him, so i went on to hatch the pichu, but it doesn't have volt tackle..., and it did have pokerus. i don't know wether that's the reason, but i really wanted volt tackle, i didnt follow the walkthrough, as i want to leave the legendaries till last, i dont know if this would of affected it but...

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I can never find Latias, Latios, or Celebi. Is there something I need to do before the appear?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Ok so i started playing this game about 4 days ago, i just need to do the last gym and then the elite 4, but i think i found 2 bugs.
First, when i first went to berry forest, i didn't get to fight celebi, the egg was there straight away when i was rescuing lostelle, i cut my losses and just took it because i read you get a second chance to fight him, so i went on to hatch the pichu, but it doesn't have volt tackle..., and it did have pokerus. i don't know wether that's the reason, but i really wanted volt tackle, i didnt follow the walkthrough, as i want to leave the legendaries till last, i dont know if this would of affected it but...

I personally implemented the ASM needed to make Pichu learn Volt Tackle and I know it works as I tested it myself about 5 times in a row. However, I never tested it with Pokerus. There is a very good chance that that is what caused the problem, but I wouldn't see why....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
you shouldnt get the egg unless you fought celei (has anyone else had this issues of getting it before you fought him)

he wont appear till after you beat the e4...

if you wanna fight him again, just beat the e4 again... if you want another pichu (that should have volt tackle unless it possibly has pkrs) just kill celebi again... then beat the e4 again to catch it... you can get all the pichu you want as long as you never catch celebi... after catching him you cannot get anymore.

I can never find Latias, Latios, or Celebi. Is there something I need to do before the appear?

have you caught kyogre?

if so you probably have an old version of the game... it was glitched so you couldnt get kyogre and latias (and without latias no latios) and celebi was in a different area (cerulean cave, rocksmash 1%)

just download the new rom and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
you shouldnt get the egg unless you fought celei (has anyone else had this issues of getting it before you fought him)

he wont appear till after you beat the e4...

if you wanna fight him again, just beat the e4 again... if you want another pichu (that should have volt tackle unless it possibly has pkrs) just kill celebi again... then beat the e4 again to catch it... you can get all the pichu you want as long as you never catch celebi... after catching him you cannot get anymore.

have you caught kyogre?

if so you probably have an old version of the game... it was glitched so you couldnt get kyogre and latias (and without latias no latios) and celebi was in a different area (cerulean cave, rocksmash 1%)

just download the new rom and you should be good to go.
Weird. I've got 1.21, and beaten the E4. Maybe it has something to do with the how the save kept glitching. I had to re-download my emulator to continue after beating the E4. Ah well, I'll just use some codes to get them. Maybe try beating the elite 4 again, and see if that works.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Love this hack. But for some reason I've talked to the girl in the bottom house of Vermillion but I still can't go to Four-Point Isle. That's the only down side I've found to this hack. And I am playing on the newest and final beta, 1.21. Please hell?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Love this hack. But for some reason I've talked to the girl in the bottom house of Vermillion but I still can't go to Four-Point Isle. That's the only down side I've found to this hack. And I am playing on the newest and final beta, 1.21. Please hell?

All I can say is try and redownload it... and move the new 1.21 file and your .sav to a new folder... there is no prerequisite to get the girl to let you go to four points isle... she just asks you if you wanna go... (its the girl on the left side with the pidgy)

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2014
Just looking to get some help here. I have the rom working fine on the computer VBA emulator. However, when I transferred it to my iPhone on gpsphone, ultraviolet changes its save state to 64k with permission octal code 0644. So it wont let me save at all with the 1m circuit board error. The weird thing is that emerald, fire red, liquid crystal, light platinum hacks all save 128k and work no problem. The GBA bios file is code 0777 as well.

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Just looking to get some help here. I have the rom working fine on the computer VBA emulator. However, when I transferred it to my iPhone on gpsphone, ultraviolet changes its save state to 64k with permission octal code 0644. So it wont let me save at all with the 1m circuit board error. The weird thing is that emerald, fire red, liquid crystal, light platinum hacks all save 128k and work no problem. The GBA bios file is code 0777 as well.

Thanks for any feedback.

The game was fully tested in VBC... I dont have an I phone or know how to work one... so im afraid I cannot help... although if someone can help I would love to hear the solution... maybe the issue can be avoided in subsequent hacks.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022

Thanks for any feedback.

That's not a problem with mobile, it's with everything. On VBA itself I had to switch it to force it into a different save type than auto and make sure it was confirmed. Even on GBA.Emu (which is VBA-M, that's on iPhone too by the way) the only problem is the savetype because they don't have a dropdown save menu yet. I don't have any problem with this since it's coming sooner or later, but you're stuck in savestate land and so am I.

Since you're in gpsphone you could actually use that game config txt to fix it though (I'm not sure how they work on gpsphone, but I do believe it uses them). If that doesn't work I don't really know what can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back