• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best British Panel Show?

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
Okay guys, this is for my British comrades, I want to know:

What is your favourite *British* panel show?

Just for being the one of the funniest shows on TV, I'm gonna have to say A League of Their Own.

I am also partial to a bit of Mock the Week, but it doesn't touch ALOTO.

Anyway, what do other people think?

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I agree, QI is amazing. I've only watched Mock the Week when Adam Hills was on there, and I enjoyed it, but QI just tops it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh man I love lots of them but 8 Out Of 10 Cats is top every time. It's really the only one I ever properly keep up with; the rest I just marathon five eps or so once in a while to catch up. QI is one that I loved loved loved but now am not as fond of- I still like it, but there were like five episodes in a row of series J that just did not cut it for me. I'm looking forward to Would I Lie To You's new series though. That one's also really good, but there's not enough of it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm not a massive fan of these, but I do have fond memories of watching Never Mind the Buzzcocks back when Simon Amstell and Bill Bailey were still there. The level of consistency on that show at that time was greater than most other panel shows of its ilk. That, and it was hella funny and introduced the world to the craziness that was Amy Winehouse before we realised how screwed up she unfortunately was. It lost a lot of its steam when Amstell, and then Bailey, departed, unfortunately. But those few years where it all clicked were glorious. And most of them are on YouTube as well!

Years
I don't watch any of them religiously, but if I catch Never Mind The Buzzcocks it's usually hilarious so I'll say that's my favourite.

I love QI, but it just doesn't supply the comedy required to be top of my list.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Mock the Week >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
makes me laugh so much. I also like QI, it's not as jokes as mock the week but it's quite interesting.

Years
I love QI so much. It's just too amazing for my health.
I've seen a bit of Buzzcocks, but there's a bunch of others I want to watch, too.

Years
I don't watch them too often, but I would choose Mock the Week, QI and Have I Got News For You.

Still though, I don't watch them every day or week :P

Back