• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completely Hacking the Fire Red Title Screen by DawnRyder

Years
I used a method that was shown on youtube. It turns out to have more freedom than this. However, there is a problem when you try to get to the title screen but if you give it 2 seconds it clears up and works well.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
I do everything you do for the background but when I open my rom in vba i just get a black screen when it gets to the title screen

VerdeWare

...death is only the beginning
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2020
I think the glitchy tiles are from the fact that you are overwritting the start button and such

Years
cs6f. userfiles .me/f/09 1131186079041078064206032202223123050230005208189004/1401561175/51256690/0/6ff96a38a33916fe2ef81d8e1d3cd54 f/ Pokemon_FireRed_Extended_Version-spaces..png (sorry for spaces I'm not allowed to post links)
I made only first part. How to fix?

Years
Nice tutorial but the image always comes out like this. ((when i inserted the raw to unlz it did say too big abort so maybe thats where i went wrong))

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
If anyone can tell me how to fix these, please notify me. I don't think it has anything to do with NTME, but I'm not sure. I tried doing the TileMap in PTC and Cyclone too, and it still came up. If anyone has a solution to this, I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me. (Or I may come up with a solution myself)
10599280_715447898523269_2130444096700662110_n.jpg

Same thing happened to me

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 22, 2014
This doesn't work for me. Followed the tutorial perfectly multiple times.

issue.png

ZapdosMan

The Principality
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Ah!! >.<
I can't get the Background right at all!

My FSF doesn't have the Hex/Dec system, were can i find the version you used!!

ZapdosMan

THE sPRITE THINGY SCATTERED LIKE LADDERS
HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE HELP!

I faced this same mistake but i soon realized the mistake.
When making the Tilemap which comes in .RAW

You must've forgotten to put it under 'FR/LF Ts' . Check it, I am right.
The RAW file is the image on the game and when hacking FR, putting FR/LF Ts is really important

You're Welcome

ZapdosMan

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Nov 22, 2021
Does anyone know where the town maps are? to edit
You need Advance map for that... Assuming you mean to switch layout, and not textures.

Anywho, I really wish this tutorial was finished! Best one I found, and I really want to replace logo.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
You need Advance map for that... Assuming you mean to switch layout, and not textures.

Anywho, I really wish this tutorial was finished! Best one I found, and I really want to replace logo.

You know there are other tutorials on this site that are actually finished.Just to name a few are the ones made by Locksmitharmy and Spherical Ice, and then the one I made.

ARKA9

The evolved police dog.
Years
Okay but i get an ugly darkrai..
i didnt used the sprite from Dp as it's not ncie..
so i load my own one and set it to 80x80
i did all the steps but when i play the game i can only see the pokemon title distorted in where i put it...
so i used my backup and made another backup(for safety)
i did the same steps and this time i load the raw on 2011(Mine is BRPE so charizard is 2010)
and the pokemon pic is there but background gone and the background colour of the pokemmon pic is greenish..
any help?

For sprites download NSE2 and then follow these steps:-
1. Load your ROM
2.Click on Pokemon Sprites Button and goto pokemon Dex no.
3. Goto File -->Export --> Export Bitmap --> Give it a name and SAVE...
4. Image would be saved as (name).bitmap which would be 72x72 px

Note:- For Unlz.gba.exe :-
1. When you click import and locate your image it will show that "no items match your search".
2. There is a place (below the name textbox) on which is written "portable network graphics (.png) file"
3. Click on that drop down menu and select "All files".
4. Your image would appear.

Enjoy!!!!!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
Hey where is the third part. And if you are not going to add it , then maybe is there a another tutorial from where I can change the title from pokemon Fire Red to Pokemon Infinity

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Hey where is the third part. And if you are not going to add it , then maybe is there a another tutorial from where I can change the title from pokemon Fire Red to Pokemon Infinity

Look up about 3 posts on this page. The answer is right there.

Last edited:
Back