• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Captcha to do certain actions?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I get it every time I change my avatar. It's really annoying lol I wanna see how certain pictures look as an avatar, but by the time I get through the Captcha I forget how to compare to others I've tried out because of the time gap. Might sound silly, but sometimes I do five or ten avatars before picking one that looks nice :(

Rukario

Banned
Years
our CF setting were at medium.. I've made a few adjustments... let us know if this is happening regularly.

Don't worry if it happens once in a while while previewing a post or css sig or posting html as there are some key triggers it looks for to help protect us from exploiters and the like.

Also be aware, if your IP is in a range that has many bad hits on their system, you may get flagged for no other reason. We can't do anything about this if this its what's happening to you. (Well you could change ISPs or move, lol)

Years
I get it every time I change my avatar. It's really annoying lol I wanna see how certain pictures look as an avatar, but by the time I get through the Captcha I forget how to compare to others I've tried out because of the time gap. Might sound silly, but sometimes I do five or ten avatars before picking one that looks nice :(

It gave me hell a few days ago when I was trying out some new avatars too. But that's the only thing that's triggered it for me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I get it when I change my signature O.o every single time I preview it. Do I have so many links in it so that it is suspicious, maybe?

I'm not gonna move for that reason :p But it sure is annoying. Worse than usual these past few days.

EDIT: I get the urge to swear, but I shalln't. Just now it prompted me to go through three such screens in a row before I came back and could preview my signature O.o Annoying is the word.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Three times in an hour again. Twice for previewing a message (but not to post it?), and once for signature editing.

Australia, and 100% sure I have no malware. Given the number of incidents it's cloudflare or somesuch, not the members.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It's probably like Rukario says then.

Also be aware, if your IP is in a range that has many bad hits on their system, you may get flagged for no other reason. We can't do anything about this if this its what's happening to you. (Well you could change ISPs or move, lol)

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
It doesn't really jump up when I'm replying to posts, but when I preview any of my posts, the Captcha pops up. :s I'm not too sure if its my IP address or my old computer, but I'm running a scan right now. This started happening about two days ago for me, after I cleaned out my registry. As someone mentioned in the thread my most recent captcha was updating my game thread with new CSS. So, that might why.

United States and I doubt it has any malware, still scanning to make sure.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years

That said, I live in a small city 2h north of the GTA where there are probably zero members of PC living. It's a cottage city with a lot of rural farms, etc. and a not-so-dense population of 31,000. I don't see how such a miniscule, out-in-buttfart-nowhere town could have an IP similarity that triggers the system... I doubt anyone else from my city has ever visited PC lol

Years
That said, I live in a small city 2h north of the GTA where there are probably zero members of PC living. It's a cottage city with a lot of rural farms, etc. and a not-so-dense population of 31,000. I don't see how such a miniscule, out-in-buttfart-nowhere town could have an IP similarity that triggers the system... I doubt anyone else from my city has ever visited PC lol

Steve is talking about within CloudFlare's system, not PC's.

Rukario

Banned
Years
Correct. CloudFlare tracks and blocks malware, spam, and exploit hits from all over the world and adds to their system any repeated or high-percentage IPs or IP ranges it captures globally. Its so those that use CF can benefit from the security without having to set up their own generic black list.

It does a pretty good job of finding bot-net bots and other compromised machines (IPs) or those that spew known exploit code.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I have the same problem. How many times I preview my sig, it comes. It's like a million times now. :( Avatar too.
This is common for me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
This happens to me sometimes. Like, three times today when uploading an image to my album, changing my avvy and updating my siggy. (Avatar and signature). It doesn't happen regulary for me, but it has been happening a lot today.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
So essentially, it's Cloudflare being Cloudflare, and unless some of us switch IPs or move to a different state, we'll just have to live with it? owo It's bearable, it's just aggravating when you're editing your profile / signature, buuut it's better than blocking our entire account. xD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I'm getting that a lot lately. When I first got it, it didn't bother me. Then it happened again a couple of days later and it didn't bother me either. But it recently started happening again and it bothers the life out of me. It pops up when editing my Signature, whenever I preview it, whenever I edit my blog, when I preview posts. It's plain annoying!
My computer is malware-free. I scan it every day .-.
Oh and I'm in Romania btw >u<
And this is quite a recent occurence x.x started happening recently (I think around the time Syd posted this .-.)

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
Years
It may be that CF has updated some triggers for this based on recent attacks it's seen.. I dunno for sure.

I apologize for it but its mostly out of our control as they (CF) set the triggers and so on that do this.

We could virtually turn off the protection but that could open up vectors for attack and hackers.. do not want.

All I can suggest is to go ahead and work through it, doing the captcha each time.

CF FAQ Entry: https://support.cloudflare.com/entr...-Access-Restricted-CloudFlare-Challenge-Page-

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't know, if this is based on IP, then try switching your router on and off and you'll have a different IP.

or…if that doesn't work, try this to change it.

I have no idea but that's something you guys could try.

Back