• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~The Sky is the Limit~(The Flying Type Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
Username: Shizzable
Partner Pokemon: Altaria. It's an extremely underrated and awesome Pokemon.
Partner's Nickname: Nimbus

I think a lot of the generic Normal/Flying types could have been just mono Flying. It would be a bit more interesting (I found it weird that it took so long for a mono Flying). Naturally I've become attached to many flying types like Sigilyph and Crowbat as the games basically force you to use one.

Sirfetch’d

Welcome to the club, Shizzable! Altaria is so amazing and definitely one of the cutest Pokemon of all time. It's so fluffy and just looks like a little pillow of a Pokemon!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Altaria certainly is a cutie you guys are right, but one that I've always preferred is the humble Pidgey. I don't know whether it's the cuteness, the coolness or the modesty of the line for just being humble ordinary birds that pack a huge punch, but they're a really appealing family of Pokémon haha. It's probably because my mind's been corrupted by a certain moderator here (everyone go glare at Olli for me) but it's a Pokémon that I've really started to like despite its seemingly dull and ordinary appearance.

What do you guys think about the Pidgey line? Is it a Pokémon you've ever given a chance to or is it one that you've always ended up training begrudgingly because it's a decent first route Pokémon to use on your team straight away? I'd love to hear what people think about it because I'm perplexed as to why I'm such a fan haha.

Sirfetch’d

I am a big fan of the Pidgey line because well...it is the original bird family! Pidgeot is still one of my favorite Pokemon of all time because it just has a sort of elegant appearance and is so much better than some of the other generic bird that we have like Noctowl, Fearow, and Unfezant. This family is also simplistic which is an added element that I adore. So overall I'd say I am a Pidgey fan boy and probably always will be!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
If it's ok with the club owner, I want to make a Flying-type team of my own and add it here.

641.png

Tornadus @ Sky Plate
Ability: Prankster

-Hurricane
-Sky Drop
-Hammer Arm
-Hyper Beam

018.png

Pidgeot @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Keen Eye

-Whirlwind
-Wing Attack
-Mirror Move
-Air Slash

398.png

Staraptor @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Intimidate

-Brave Bird
-Aerial Ace
-Final Gambit
-Double Team

164.png

Noctowl @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Tinted Lens

-Confusion
-Fly
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater

178.png

Xatu @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Synchronize

-Psychic
-Future Sight
-Peck
-Night Shade

Spr_5b_521_m.png

Unfezant @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Big Pecks

-Air Slash
-Air Cutter
-Facade
-Razor Wind

Last edited:

Sky Huntress

Sky Girl
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
Username: Sky Huntress
Partner Pokemon: Staraptor
Partner's Nickname: Starclaws
Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Staraptor, cause I like the more-on offensive
types, and Staraptor has high Attack
Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Gyarados, because it used to scare me as a kid. But I like it too.
Answer to one of the current topics:
What Flying type Pokemon are you most excited about taking into Sky-Battles in the upcoming X&Y versions?
Mantine, because I think it looks so elegant and I would totally use it especially in Sky Battles.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I am a big fan of the Pidgey line because well...it is the original bird family! Pidgeot is still one of my favorite Pokemon of all time because it just has a sort of elegant appearance and is so much better than some of the other generic bird that we have like Noctowl, Fearow, and Unfezant. This family is also simplistic which is an added element that I adore. So overall I'd say I am a Pidgey fan boy and probably always will be!
Mmm, I agree completely with this! It's just such a simple Pokémon that's never in your face with all its 'cool tricks' and quirks, it just wants to be loved for what it is - plain and simple. I know there's nothing overly special about it but I think that's the whole charm; the more quirky Pokémon always get boring when they're constantly shoving their unique features in your face when all you really want is a cute little friendly bird to stay by your side. It's the simple things in life ♥

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

I am a Pidgeot fan but used Noctowl the most. Confusion won me a bunch of battles when using Noctowl. He flew me everywhere too. I feel that Pidgeot was somewhat stronger though but I had so many different Pokemon that I never got around much to training my Pidgeot.

DarkEmeraldRarity

Love-Crazy and Music Mad
Years
Username(nickname if you wish): DER
Partner Pokemon: Honchkrow
Partner's Nickname(optional): Magic
Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Honchkrow it is my favorite all time pokemon
Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Yanmega it shouldn't be flying...dragon is more suited
Answer to one of the current topics: Sky battles? AWE YEAH! lets go Honchkrow!

Dihaeus

huh
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Username: Dihaeus

Partner Pokemon: Tropius
Partner's Nickname: Nana

Favourite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Like all of 'em, really xD Some of my favourites are Skarmory, Crobat, Tropius, Togekiss and Shaymin-S. The legendaries are pretty cool too, but don't really have much interest in the genies.

Least Favourite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Not that fond of the Unfezant line or Mothim.

Answer to one of the current topics: Sky Battles. Skymin, of course! It's just so cute ;)

Last edited:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Name : Rhytham
partner pokemon :
628MS.png

Partner nickname : Beaster
Favorite flying Pokemon : Zapdos casue it has black spiky wings on its back and it has really powerful power i like this Legendary bird cause of his special design
least favorite : no i don't hate or dislike any any of them so i can't say

topic : second one - amm this is hard ammm no no maybe there is none

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back