• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon TropicalBlue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
The tiles work quite well with the default Fire Red OWs. Will you change the OWs,though? The Munna OW is very nicely done.

On another note, the fakemon are quite big for starters and the grass one is rather odd for me.

Good luck,though.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
The Fakemon are a little disproportionate, horribly coloured/shaded and just don't look like starters. They also don't follow the trend that starters always should have:
Grass - Reptile
Fire - Zodiac
Water - Aquatic animal

Aside from that, the graphics look very nice :)

Hmm, thanks.

I agree, the starters could be better.
However, you have implemented the cave tiles into the hack very well.

Thank you. (Long time no see!) How've you been? :P

This Hack is getting Better and Better. Awesome Graphic. Although those Fakemon is kinda Weird. Original Pokemon are good, I don't really like Fakemon.
Good luck

Thank you.

This hack is going somewhere good. The updates look really nice.
Good luck!

Thanks. :)

niiiiice graphics, holy cow from norway! (they taste good)

Haha, thank you.

The tiles work quite well with the default Fire Red OWs. Will you change the OWs,though? The Munna OW is very nicely done.

On another note, the fakemon are quite big for starters and the grass one is rather odd for me.

Good luck,though.

Eventually, the OW's will change. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banjora Marxvile has inserted some new house tiles for you, while I've been working on some other stuff, and my homework too... Here are some screenshots:

Pokemon-FireRedGBA_01-7.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_02-9.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_03-7.png

Credits:
  • WesleyFG - For the 64x64 B/W sprite pack, which Pidgey's sprite is from.
  • Banjora Marxvile - Inserting the tiles for me. <3
  • Rans - The battle background base.
  • Kyledove - The indoor tiles.

Thanks.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hmm, the palettes on the tall grass battle could use some work. The background looks weird. I think it'll look nice if it had the same palette as the one used in the third screenshot [the one with the gamer].
Either way this hack looks fantastic. I can't believe I haven't commented before.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I agree with Quilava's Master, it does look a bit weird. Dunno if it should have the same pallette as the Gamer one though, maybe similar, just darker?

I love the indoor tiles, your tile inserter is a beast! Huzzah!

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Hmm, the palettes on the tall grass battle could use some work. The background looks weird. I think it'll look nice if it had the same palette as the one used in the third screenshot [the one with the gamer].
Either way this hack looks fantastic. I can't believe I haven't commented before.

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your feedback. :)

I agree with Quilava's Master, it does look a bit weird. Dunno if it should have the same pallette as the Gamer one though, maybe similar, just darker?

I love the indoor tiles, your tile inserter is a beast! Huzzah!

I can try. I agree now, the pallets look a little off. Thanks. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
The new indoor tiles look great! I also really like the new backgrounds you inserted.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
The new indoor tiles look great! I also really like the new backgrounds you inserted.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys, Lyzo and I have mapped the second city, Craivin City, and I've inserted tiles and mapped the second town, Ebonee Town. Ebonee Town is a town which is inspired by Dewford Town, and is situated near the Dune Desert and Spring of Life. Route 4 (Craivin City to Ebonee Town) has also been mapped by Lyzo. Here are some screenshots:

Pokemon-FireRedGBA_02-10.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_03-9.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_04-9.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_05-6.png

Pokemon-FireRedGBA_06-7.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_07-6.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_08-6.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_09-7.png

Credits:
  • WesleyFG
  • Cope/Cloud/Zunex
  • Lyzo
  • Scarlet Productions

Thanks!

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
You should update the first post.

The tiles look pretty, but you should change the FR/LG tiles (some buildings) now that you have some custom tiles.

The storyline is... alright. I dunno how the "afterlife" links to Keldeo, but I guess playing the hack is the only way to find out.

Good luck on this.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
You should update the first post.

The tiles look pretty, but you should change the FR/LG tiles (some buildings) now that you have some custom tiles.

The storyline is... alright. I dunno how the "afterlife" links to Keldeo, but I guess playing the hack is the only way to find out.

Good luck on this.

Thanks. One member of the Force Oberynia had Keldeo, but I didn't reveal too much, hopefully the hack will stick around long enough to actually find out why Keldeo's there. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After looking at WesleyFG's deviantArt page I decided to use some of his Black/White GBA style tiles. Here are some updated screenshots of Diarsoil and Route 1:

Pokemon-FireRedGBA_01.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_07.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_10.png

Check the first post for more screenshots.

Thanks.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Nice tile updates!
I'm talking bout both tile updates! :D There really good.
Keep it up, Flandre!

Years
mario32, this is a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally old thread. In most forums in the Emulation section (and in PokéCommunity in general), it's against the rules to post in a thread in which a post hasn't been made in over a month. This is one of those cases, I'm afraid.

If you're having a look at old threads, be sure to check the date of the last valid (ie. non-deleted) post before posting, yourself.

Flandre, in the unlikely event that you have some kind of update to post, just contact one of us Emulation moderators to have it reopened. In the meantime, this thread will remain closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back