• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A lurker joins the community

Years
Hi everyone. I am in love with Pokemon since 2001, when I received my first GBC game ever, Pokemon Silver. I played more than once every game from first to third generation, but I spent little time playing the following chapters, mainly because I absolutely hate the new drawing style of Mr. Sugimori [anyway, Pokemon Black/White is overall one of the best RPGs I ever saw]. I also enjoyed many hacks throughout these years. I'm not a native English speaker, so I apologize in advance for any grammatical/syntactical/spelling mistake; I also encourage everyone who notices my errors to point'em out, as I'm always open to constructive criticism. Actually, the need of some constructive criticism is what made me join PokéCommunity. I spent most of my free time in the past couple of weeks by gaining knowledge about pokemon hacking and the tools involved in the process, devouring pretty much every tutorial I could find. I fiddled quite a bit with A-map, MS Paint, Gimp, YAPE and some other ones; I'm a diehard fan of the Monster Hunter franchise, and I always dreamt about catching all those monsters instead of slaughtering'em. Now, among the other things, this dream requires 160+ front sprites for the pokedex; where to get'em? From myself, obviously. So I started drawing. I'm quite familiar with drawings in CAD, but... I've never been such a talented drawer, outside my vector-graph suite. Anyway, I soon realized that I'm not a total failure at creating 64x64 paintings pixel by pixel! I made a couple of sprites, and some of them seemed pretty good to me. And that's why I'm here. I'll soon open a showcase thread, in order to receive some feedback and [hopefully] to improve my skills as a painter.

Oh, if anybody cares, I'm Roberto, from Italy. I'm 239 months old and an engineering student. I'm handsome, too.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I'm not a native English speaker, so I apologize in advance for any grammatical/syntactical/spelling mistake; I also encourage everyone who notices my errors to point'em out, as I'm always open to constructive criticism.
Hi Roberto! Welcome officially to PC!

I majored in English, so if you want grammar help, feel free to ask! One thing I do notice is how you're making things like "get 'em" a contraction - there's a space between the two parts. I really don't notice anything else that's a big problem grammatically, and if you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have known.

Good luck with your art stuff! I'm not the best with that stuff... I'm trying to draw but I'm so mediocre at it that I can't focus on it xD

Hope you enjoy it here!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hi Roberto! Welcome to PC. I'm synerjee, and it's very nice to meet you! :)

It's nice to see someone so enthusiastic about pokemon as yourself! I'm sure you'll fit in quickly here; there are lots of friendly staff and members. About your English, you speak very well, but sure, will try to offer some criticism if you want. :) Pokemon hacking is very popular around here, so make sure you check those sections out! You sure have lots of other interests as well. That's great! There are also other sections here that you can check out that might have what you're interested in.

Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay here and hope to see you around here often. Also, feel free to leave the staff or myself a VM/PM if you want to chat or anything. Once again, welcome! :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hello Cinico, welcome to PokeCommunity (PC), I'm MidnightShine aka Mid/Middy~

Are you a spriter, cause I am one~ Hope you'll be able to open up a showcase thread soon~

Huv fun~

~Mid

Years
Hi everyone. I am in love with Pokemon since 2001, when I received my first GBC game ever, Pokemon Silver. I played more than once every game from first to third generation, but I spent little time playing the following chapters, mainly because I absolutely hate the new drawing style of Mr. Sugimori [anyway, Pokemon Black/White is overall one of the best RPGs I ever saw]. I also enjoyed many hacks throughout these years. I'm not a native English speaker, so I apologize in advance for any grammatical/syntactical/spelling mistake; I also encourage everyone who notices my errors to point'em out, as I'm always open to constructive criticism. Actually, the need of some constructive criticism is what made me join PokéCommunity. I spent most of my free time in the past couple of weeks by gaining knowledge about pokemon hacking and the tools involved in the process, devouring pretty much every tutorial I could find. I fiddled quite a bit with A-map, MS Paint, Gimp, YAPE and some other ones; I'm a diehard fan of the Monster Hunter franchise, and I always dreamt about catching all those monsters instead of slaughtering'em. Now, among the other things, this dream requires 160+ front sprites for the pokedex; where to get'em? From myself, obviously. So I started drawing. I'm quite familiar with drawings in CAD, but... I've never been such a talented drawer, outside my vector-graph suite. Anyway, I soon realized that I'm not a total failure at creating 64x64 paintings pixel by pixel! I made a couple of sprites, and some of them seemed pretty good to me. And that's why I'm here. I'll soon open a showcase thread, in order to receive some feedback and [hopefully] to improve my skills as a painter.

Oh, if anybody cares, I'm Roberto, from Italy. I'm 239 months old and an engineering student. I'm handsome, too.

Hi Roberto, welcome to PC.

That's one long intro you did there, I take it you're a spriter?

And even though you may be Italian, your English is actually pretty good. We're primarily an English-speaking forum so you'll learn the language in no time. ^__^

Oh, and Black and White is one of my fave Pokemon games too. I love Unova a lot. Nice username you have btw, it really reflects your Italian background. And nice avatar you have too.

Given you want to get into spriting, you should check out our Pixel Art section, located in Art & Design. You will need 15 posts before you can share links/pictures though so try posting in other sections first. It's easy to get to 15 posts without spamming, and I think you should start with the Pokemon-based areas like Pokemon General, Pokemon Anime, Pokemon Clubs and all the Pokemon Gaming areas. There's loads of discussions over there you can take part in.

You can also apply for a mentor to guide you around the forum in the PC Adoption Center. Just fill out a simple application form and then our friendly mod Cirno will show you a list of available mentors and no matter who you get, you're sure to have fun.

Also, I'm open for a VM anytime!

- Hikari10

Years
I like that confidence you got there. An engineering student eh, very interesting. I considered doing an engineering degree but ended up taking mathematics instead. You got any ideas what you want to do once you graduate? Anyway enjoy your stay around here.

Years
Thank you all for your welcome, I really like how friendly you are. I know I wrote quite a bit in the first post, but I run a forum myself and most of the people just say bashfully "Hi, I'm mr Smith : ) I hope I'll enjoy my stay here!", leaving me with few words beyond "Welcome, nice to meet you". An introduction should, well, introduce yourself. Why are you here, what do you do. "I'm mr Smith" isn't quite the right answer to "Who are you?", imho. Anyway, yeah, I'm a wannabe spriter. And mapper. And everything else concerning pokemon hacking. However I mainly joined the community to improve my spriting skills, so you could call me a spriter I guess.
Thank you also for your kind words about my English; I'm used to read English everyday, but the same cannot be said about speaking it.
As for your question, Drakow, my class is about building engineering; in my future I want, well, to build buildings. From the bare idea to the construction yard. In most projects different people work on different facets of the plan, so I could specialize myself in one or two particular roles; however, I'd like to be as well-rounded as I can. I know several engineers who are able to undertake any role in the planning process, and are usually the ones I esteem the most.

Years
Hiya, a big welcome to PC~ I'm Cirno, it's nice to meet you. <3

Silver was your first Pokemon game then? The Johto generation was reallyyy good, I spent so much time on those games! Hacks are a great way to keep your love for Pokemon going too, since there's so many of them to play outside the official games. xD; What was your favorite hack?

And don't worry about your English, I can understand it fine! In fact, you're quite a good speaker, honestly. Being here will help you out a lot since you get to practice with the English-speakers here. :D

But it's great to see you were so ambitious on learning how to make a hack. Definitely do post in the Pixel Art section to showcase your work though, the regulars there would be happy to help you out! Will be looking forward to seeing it.

Anyway, that's all from me, so have fun around here and do contact me if you need any help at all~

TwoDice

I'm a total noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
Hey Cinico, nice to meet you! It sounds like you are a spriter, correct? I never got a chance to get Pokemon silver. I got Red and Blue. I never bought Silver or Gold. That Kanto region has been my favorite ever since the games came out. Hope to see you around on the forums!

Back