• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Even though i have already beaten the Elite Four, i am still enjoying the game by exploring it more. The small updates that you keep making is worth it because it shows you really care about the game and the people that play it. I am glad to see this kind of responsibly. I must say that this hack is the best i have ever played! :)
Thanks a lot!
Nice 2 more reasons to try the newest beta xD

Btw can u check if u lose gold after losing the 1st battle to Silver in Crystal, i tried the new patch and after losing to him i still had 3000
If you lose to Silver in Crystal, you don't pay him any money.
@Diego
1. Why can't we get into the bed at home(New Bark Town)? It's blocked, i can't go to sleep, lol...
2. I think, the overworld sprite for Gold(Hero) can get a little more better.
3. BTW, have you considered about adding some move tutors for 3rd Gen moves since CD contains all the TMs from the original 2nd Gen Crystal...you can add some of the move tutors aroud johto & kanto just as Firered did... I think, it will not hurt the authenticity of the game as its Gen 3 remake.
1. Fixed in today's beta.
2. I think it's fine just the way it is.
3. Move tutors are really tedious to add in, but I might think about it for Kanto.
Whether it is possible to add the random weather as in pokemon fire red?
You mean as in Liquid Crystal? Hahahaha no. I personally disliked that feature.
However, if you're talking about just having different weather in some places, I think Sevii Islands might have some.
Awesome to know that my sprites are in. I'm glad you liked them. ^^ Also, a massive congrats on the awards- they're very well deserved. :D I think I might try out the newest version right now- I'm quite curious as to what the League looks like now and it seems to have been a while since I last played. xD
Awesome! Tell me what you think!
I wonder if anyone caught any shiny pokemon this hacks lucky i had some shiny pokes

Edit:

Well since lc is discontinued this hack is the last remake thats still active i hope this gets completed as it is the most stable top quality hack i ever played :)
Thanks!
I agree!

I really hope this hack ends up being finished since the creator has done such an amazing job so far
Thanks for your praise!
And it could become more amazing if Diego adds Orange Islands as well somehow
Yeah and a Crystal Onix!
Lmao...
Orange Islands is for LC. I already took the Sevii Islands, and well, I don't even have room for them.
Diegoisawesome can u email me at [email protected] plz thanks. :)
Uh, why don't you just send me a PM?

Anyways, today's update fixes a few minor bugs and finally makes Dude's Pokémon catching tutorial work as it did in Crystal. Try it out if you want to see for yourself!

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Thx diegoisawesome for a version very interesting. But I have a problem: the pokegear registered only 3 telephone number, one of mom, one of prof. elm, one of Joey, and when I meet a new trainer, it no more registered. You can explain? Thank you.
And at last I'm so sorry for my bad English! ._.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
So, Diego, I gave the hack a playthrough until the Pokémon League and I have to say you've done a pretty good job :). I think the only noticeable thing missing from the game is the sliding panel puzzles from the Ruins of Alph. I think you've incorporated Emerald's features well and I'm liking the official stock tiles and stock-looking custom tiles and animations; everything looks consistent which is somewhat of a rarity nowadays :D!

As a suggestion, I think you should change some Pokemon sprite animations because I find Emerald's sprites a little horrible looking at times. I think having some revamped ones from Crystal would make the experience a little more nostalgic. Like I said, this is some great work though!

Last edited:
Years
Orange Islands is for LC. I already took the Sevii Islands, and well, I don't even have room for them.

About this space limit is there any way to bypass it?

Thanks for another small update since i didnt start playing yet i will start from this latest patch if i have any free time (500 updates will be released probably before i can play lol)

As for what Zeikku said i agree, i hate how Rattatas look xD
I Know that its lots of work but could you work on changing all the 386 pokemons sprites in the future
Sprites that wasnt used in any other game or hack would make this hack more unique
Or revamped sprites from Crystal like he suggested

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I would have to say this is one of the BEST remakes of Crystal hands down just finished it after playing the original Crystal and WOW!! Just like the original with some awesome improvements. Cant wait for the beta 3!!!!!

iPika

Crytec
Years
I had problems going into the cave after the random PokeCentre close to the guy selling Slowpoketail. It gave me the black screen (dramatic music). I also got the black screen when I entered the road to the Ruins of Alph (closest to Sudowoodo) and the other one (also towards RoA but the road is from the east). They all give me the (absolutely lovely) black screen.

Sierraffinity

Years
Thx diegoisawesome for a version very interesting. But I have a problem: the pokegear registered only 3 telephone number, one of mom, one of prof. elm, one of Joey, and when I meet a new trainer, it no more registered. You can explain? Thank you.
And at last I'm so sorry for my bad English! ._.
I haven't figured out yet how to add trainers in to the Phone Card correctly. Joey is just a coincidence.
So, Diego, I gave the hack a playthrough until the Pokémon League and I have to say you've done a pretty good job :). I think the only noticeable thing missing from the game is the sliding panel puzzles from the Ruins of Alph. I think you've incorporated Emerald's features well and I'm liking the official stock tiles and stock-looking custom tiles and animations; everything looks consistent which is somewhat of a rarity nowadays :D!

As a suggestion, I think you should change some Pokemon sprite animations because I find Emerald's sprites a little horrible looking at times. I think having some revamped ones from Crystal would make the experience a little more nostalgic. Like I said, this is some great work though!
Thanks for playing! And about the sprites... I can't really change them without having something to change them to.
About this space limit is there any way to bypass it?

Thanks for another small update since i didnt start playing yet i will start from this latest patch if i have any free time (500 updates will be released probably before i can play lol)

As for what Zeikku said i agree, i hate how Rattatas look xD
I Know that its lots of work but could you work on changing all the 386 pokemons sprites in the future
Sprites that wasnt used in any other game or hack would make this hack more unique
Or revamped sprites from Crystal like he suggested
There's no way to just bypass it easily. Besides, I don't need to as I'm not including the Orange Islands.
I would have to say this is one of the BEST remakes of Crystal hands down just finished it after playing the original Crystal and WOW!! Just like the original with some awesome improvements. Cant wait for the beta 3!!!!!
Thanks for the comment!
I had problems going into the cave after the random PokeCentre close to the guy selling Slowpoketail. It gave me the black screen (dramatic music). I also got the black screen when I entered the road to the Ruins of Alph (closest to Sudowoodo) and the other one (also towards RoA but the road is from the east). They all give me the (absolutely lovely) black screen.
This has been fixed in today's update. It turns out that the Ruins of Alph music for the GB Player was broken. Download the new version to continue playing.

Years
I played up to the 4th gym without getting any bugs everything is nice and i noticed many fixes and changes from the last time i played including new icons for key items :)
Only small things like the bargain shop are missing from Johto and the radio and phone features but its not a big deal

Since im not gna check the ruins of alph ill skip this update

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2018
bug here~i can't fish anything with any rod in everywhere
,and that, is it Magnemite have 5% hold a Metal Coat?
also, is it the game has a sketch to catch celebi?(the original crystal method or the Celebi crystal version method?)

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
I played up to the 4th gym without getting any bugs everything is nice and i noticed many fixes and changes from the last time i played including new icons for key items :)
Only small things like the bargain shop are missing from Johto and the radio and phone features but its not a big deal

Since im not gna check the ruins of alph ill skip this update
Thanks for playing again!
bug here~i can't fish anything with any rod in everywhere
,and that, is it Magnemite have 5% hold a Metal Coat?
also, is it the game has a sketch to catch celebi?(the original crystal method or the Celebi crystal version method?)
Your bug doesn't seem to be a problem with me. Are you sure you're fishing Emerald's way?
Magnemite should still have a 5% chance to hold a Metal Coat.
Celebi's event has not been made yet.

Today, there's a small update to the GB Player. Everything should sound a bit more accurate now.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
Today, there's a small update to the GB Player
Man not a day passes in which there is not an update.
What do you mean by this? Is the "beta 2" on his website being changed but left with the same label? Is there some other method of downloading this that I am unaware of?

Years
I've been playing your wonderful mod for a few days and I'm around Route 38. After capturing a Magnemite, I found out that it knows Metal Sound, a Gen III move. Is it just a detail?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I've been playing your wonderful mod for a few days and I'm around Route 38. After capturing a Magnemite, I found out that it knows Metal Sound, a Gen III move. Is it just a detail?

Last I checked Pokemon still have Gen 3 learned moves.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Based off of Pokémon Emerald (U)

Features:

Why people want to play this and not Liquid Crystal some other remake
Awesome! I love it so much and I can't wait for the final release <3 I also tried the multiplayer functionality using the VBA-Link wireless adapter and it works perfect, like the original Emerald version. No lag or communication errors at all. Please DO NOT REMOVE this awesome thing from your game! All the other good hacks I've played ( Liquid Crystal, Flora Sky, Light Platinum ) have the multiplayer removed or it is corrupted and bugged. Please make it like the original Pokemon Crystal and keep the multiplayer feature alive as it is now. Even if your rom runs out of space, remove something else but keep the multiplayet intact!!!!
I am 21 and I love remember the good old times with my friends... We use Hamatchi to play online Emerald, and now your hack offer us a great single player too, exactly like original pokemon Crystal, my favourite game of all times.

Back