• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
Hey, spend more time with us in your off-time :P I suck at giving advice, so I don't know how stupid this is going to sound. You could turn this into something really resume-worthy, sticking it through shows you have persistence and meet adversity face to face. You didn't do anything wrong, the situation thrust itself on you, so I don't think anybody can judge you no matter how your performance turns out to be. But as an experience, I think what you're going through now certainly can be pitch-able. I know it's not a solution, but maybe you can look at it in a warmer light?

(all i care about is money >.<)

Years
Haha, yes, you do have a point. Money isn't a huge motivator for me though, haha. It's just too... intangible, I guess?

But honestly, right now, even though yeah, I'm concerned about what's going to happen with the store and my own job, I'm more concerned about him, and still trying to just get my head around it, y'know? Because the more I think about it, the more I just can't imagine him doing it. And the guy has two kids, his chances of getting a decent job are shot to hell now, and if he's convicted, depending on exactly what happened (I don't have all the details) he could go to jail.

Dammit, I just want to shake him for being an idiot.

Years
Sorry, I hate to be vague, it drives me crazy when other people do it too >_< But just, for right now, until I find out all the details, I don't want to risk ruining his reputation, y'know? And there are only so many people I can safely talk to - I don't want to talk to any of my friends in town, because there's a good chance they know him. I guess, I don't know, it's something that could be REALLY serious, or it might just be a technicality (I'm hoping that it's a technicality, I'd hate to think he had us all fooled) and he'll just have to pay a fine, but either way, it was one of the few store policies that are absolutely zero tolerance and always result in immediate dismissal.

Last edited:
Years
Not to be a downer but if he would do something so serious why would it affect your job if he is the one committing the crime?

I know when the management of the KFC of our town was involved in the distribution of illicit drugs, the store was closed down. If the person who opens a new store of a national/international franchise and that person commits a felony, then no one owns the the store. Therefore, it will close down unless they can find a new owner, but there is no guarantee someone would be willing to put a personal financial stake in owning a store given the illicit activity that took place. With that said, the employees of these franchises are vulnerable to losing their jobs.

Not sure if this applies to ink's story. If so, I am terribly sorry; hopefully all goes well.

Years
No, he wasn't in charge, but he was on his way to being assistant manager. The main reason it effects me is that there were only 4 of us working in the store, ideally there should be at least 5 or 6, but we can't afford to hire that many and still give them decent hours, which means we all have to start working more hours to make up for him until a new person can be hired and trained. He was also - by far - the best salesperson, and was practically carrying the store by himself. If we go too long without meeting our quotas and sales goals, head office will just assume we aren't doing our jobs and "restaff" the store (i.e., fire all of us and transfer people over from another store). He was also the "get **** done" guy, and far more organized and timely with shipments/paperwork/etc. than the manager. I wish I could pick up the slack, but I just haven't been there long enough to have learned how to do half the stuff he did.

And it's just really hard for me to do my job right now because he was a friend and I trusted him, I felt way more loyalty to him than to the manager, and I feel like he betrayed us. He was a good teacher, always gave good advice, and now I just can't help but question it. We spent a lot of time geeking out about movies and stuff, and I spent more time working with him than anyone else. I worked what was supposed to be his shift today. His name's still up on the schedule, but his slot is blank. His shredded employee card is in a plastic bag pinned on the wall so the manager doesn't forget to send it out for company records, and his name tag is still sitting on the desk where we eat lunch because it's the one thing he always forgets to put away. It's just... sad. The manager was obviously pretty upset about it and completely distracted, I just wanted to go home and cry the whole day... I know I didn't do nearly as well as I should have. It's hard when you have to pretend to be all happy and cheerful when customers come in, and they ask how it's going, and I have to lie through my teeth when all I want to do is shout at them to go away. I'm just glad none of his regular customers came in today.

At least I have tomorrow off and I'm going riding. All I've wanted to do since I found out was go visit the horses and forget it all for a couple hours.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Did you hear about Russia banning teaching kids that homosexuals exist? :(

Yeah, that's what the link in my post was about :(

It's so disgusting, but I guess Putin et al don't play by the rules of the rest of the world. It's a great reminder of how lucky we are to be living in countries that are moving forwards instead of backwards.

Virgilin

Salmon Fishing in Vulcan
Years
Can I join too? I would love to! I am gender fluid myself.

Yeah, that's what the link in my post was about :(

It's so disgusting, but I guess Putin et al don't play by the rules of the rest of the world. It's a great reminder of how lucky we are to be living in countries that are moving forwards instead of backwards.

I heard about was Russia is doing too. The government officials come to school personally and inform the kids about it. It is disgusting and shouldn't be happening. Homosexuality is as natural as everything else and shouldn't be treated differently.
Though I heard that Russia is loses 1 million of its population each year. Maybe it's due to that? They want to increase their population by emphasizing heterosexuality? Either way it's wrong.

Years
No, none of that sort. It's just that they ban "homosexual propaganda". Apparently that ban isn't defined very well, so rights and freedoms activists are afraid that the government will use it to limit free speech, a free press, and so on. From what I've read, it doesn't seem to come with a criminal sentence, just a heavy fine, so I think we can call it censorship.

The Russian establishment sees LGBT rights through the lens of nationalism, as well. Every time they crack down on a demonstration or parade they're bound to arrest some foreigners. It's hard to make LGBT look good in Russia. It's hard to do the kind of activism they do in the West without offending some important people.

Shining Raichu

Years
It's all about children. From what I understand they're still allowed to talk about gay people, they're just not allowed to do it with children or in the presence of children. Which is a fantastic way to create a new generation of homophobia.

And welcome, Virgilin!

Years
From what I've read it's completely political. There are sound MP's in the United Russia party taking a rational approach to this law, so the result to me sounds like democracy hard at work. The party is catering to the conservatives who have had enough of LGBT demonstrations, and who they know will have their back during the next election cycle.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
That is just ridiculous... But I guess it could be worse... there are some countries in Africa where being gay is punishable by death...

Virgilin

Salmon Fishing in Vulcan
Years
Yeah in Africa it is the way it is because some tribes choose to stick to their old traditional values.
The reason why this whole thing is happening may be demography-related too, as I've mentioned before. But then again, politicians would do everything for votes, even if the cost is some of therights of their fello citizens. Parties, such as Putin's, especially would take such actions I suppose to confiRm their legitimacy, since they are suspected of rigging the elections.

Also thank you for letting me join!!

Shining Raichu

Years
Hey GreatTornado, welcome!

Tell us a bit about yourself? How old are you? What's your background? Are your loved ones likely to be accepting? We want to hear everything and help if we can :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I just heard about a new gaming convention that might be right up our alley.

GaymerX, previously GaymerCon, is the first gaming convention with a focus on queer geek culture.
Gaming is the largest entertainment industry, one that is larger than music and film, yet until now, there has never been a safe space for queer geeks and their friends to come together, discuss queer theory in games as a community, and party as one.
GaymerX is that convention - a weekend of fun, socializing, and educational panels in the heart of San Francisco.
http://gaymerconnect.com/

It's close enough to me that I might actually be able to go. They say it's adults only though, since it's the first time they've held it, and they don't want to risk any of them getting hurt. (Also, I noticed shirts aren't listed in their dress code. lol)

Years
I just heard about a new gaming convention that might be right up our alley.

http://gaymerconnect.com/

It's close enough to me that I might actually be able to go. They say it's adults only though, since it's the first time they've held it, and they don't want to risk any of them getting hurt. (Also, I noticed shirts aren't listed in their dress code. lol)

That sounds really cool! Unfortunately, I live several hours' plane ride from San Francisco, haha. But hopefully it will be a success and maybe there'll be some stuff cropping up around where I live.

I've only actually been to one convention (just a small sci-fi/fantasy convention. It was playing host to the Constellation Awards, which I had been blogging about, and I was offered a press pass for the weekend. It was pretty damn awesome. I never would have been able to afford going otherwise.), but I had so much fun! It was amazing to be in a space where everyone is so friendly and accepting, and you know that you'll be able to find common interests and strike up a conversation with nearly every person you meet.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Thanks Raichu for the accepting welcome!

*WARNING: WALL OF TEXT!**WARNING: WALL OF TEXT!**WARNING: WALL OF TEXT!*

I'm 12 years old, turning 13 next week (Yay), I'm a gay guy who loves Taylor Swift and is out to only one person irl (I came out to her yesterday and she wasn't negative!). I live in Australia and my parents.... well I don't know about them. I've noticed that when they think me and my sister are sleeping they sometimes watch LGBT shows but they never show any distaste or (for a lack of a better word)appreciation for the LGBT community. You can find me on Empty Closets as GreatTornado (So Creative).

I actually have a crush on someone and I was wondering if I could get a little advice. He is in another grade but same year level as me (For better story telling let's call him John (Not his actual name but I have nothing against John's)). I really like him, I dream about us in a relationship a lot. I think he might be gay/bi because he sure seems like it (Stereotypes, it's all I have). He likes drama and has a lot of friends that are girls but some of his friends are boys. We have some P.E., English and Mathematics classes together and sometimes before and during school we talk, but not at recess or lunch since he likes hanging out with his other friends. I believe I am currently at the start of the friend zone with him but I don't know what to do now.

I plan to come out to other friends soon but not my parents until either:
A) I am in a (serious) relationship with another guy
B) I get a clear view on their stance on LGBT

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Hello. Wondering if anyone could help with this. I've noted my disdain for referencing myself as a person, ie. as an entity possessing any sort of physical form. I'm wondering if there is in fact a term for someone who doesn't identify with their body (and not due to spirituality). Like, when I see myself in a reflection or photograph it scarcely connects that 'this is me'. Also, I've long had a penchant for creating characters and imagining myself as them. I would appreciate having something to call this (lack of) of self-identity, if anyone can help me there. I don't suppose this is gender or sex related but I do suppose if anyone might be familiar with this, it'll be the folks here.
Huh, this sounds a lot like me, especially lately... although I've always just assumed it was normal, considering how rarely I actually look at myself in the mirror, and how often I take on other forms within video games. I definitely do the same thing with creating characters though... whole alternate worlds and communities in fact.

Why do you think you feel that way? I typed up a bunch of existential stuff about why I feel similarly, but I'm thinking I should just let you explain it yourself. lol

Back