• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Redesigned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
After a lot of work I can say that this patch is playable.
The main goal of Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Redesigned is to make the game more difficult than before, and remplace useless and game-breaking things. I have also given completely new skillsets to some jobs, like Tinker, Assassin (now renamed Shadow) or Seer (now renamed Sorcerer).

e96eb93284b73d35df47492797472aafo.png

Main Changes

- All enemy levels scale with the party. (If the level of your party is greater than the predefined level of the enemy unit)
- Level Cap is now at 50. (Because the damage formula, some things like spells become very weak at high levels)
- Every ability and item have been revised.
- I added a lot of new abilities that replaces the old useless or game-breaking skills.
- Items have more secundary effects.
- All growths and stats have been rebalanced. Now every job is usable.
- Monsters and Bosses now they are much more stronger than before.
- The most of the races now they have one special ability, that only one in your team can use it. (if you choose human special skill, you cannot use viera special skill.)
- Enemies can't revive their allies so revive skills have been removed. Adelle's Elpe can revive one Ally with the cost of her life.
- OHKO skills, and Petrify skills have been removed for player use.
- Some game-breaking support / reaction abilities have been removed for player use. (Dual Wield, Strike Back, Blood Price...)

Generic Jobs Skillsets
Spoiler:

Generic Jobs Stat Growths

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yg6-dph8T84GPF4qzzIa-0Mqnf2LJTDLPQh-8KaL2gw/edit?usp=sharing

Instructions to patch

- Download a fresh Final Fantasy Tactics A2 rom and my patch.
- Download Delta Patcher here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/
- Open Delta Patcher and select your original file, and FFTA2 Redesigned patch.
- Press Apply Patch, and now you can play!

Notes

- All text and animations changes have been done.
- The patch is designed to play on hard mode.
- The battle mechanics is a bit inspired in "Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis".
- All criticism are accepted.
- Special thanks to Lennart, Darthatron from FFH community.
- To see more changes, download the game!
- You can play it on Android with Drastic DS Emulator, the game runs perfectly!

Attachments

• FFTA2_Redesigned_(Updated 2015-09-15).rar
    31.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 26, 2016
Great job man, I can tell you worked hard on this.

I was wondering if you hack final fantasy, can you change maps, and scripts like in pokemon? I might get into final fantasy hacking if you can.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
I only hack final fantasy tactics series. I know FF6 and FF7 have a hacking community with a lot of tools and scripts documented ready for ASM hacking.
I can say FFT have also a lot of tools and documented scripts that you can find in the web. FFTA2 hacking has very little resources...
Of course this is not pokemon. Hacking Pokemon is very easy, there a lot of resources and tools, and you can change everything that you want.

Years
did u maybe do a hack of the GBA version of this FFTA?i love that game and i am sure a hack of it would be amazing! =)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
did u maybe do a hack of the GBA version of this FFTA?i love that game and i am sure a hack of it would be amazing! =)
There are already good FFTA hacks: Find in google FFTA: Grim Grimoire and FFTA: X

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 12, 2023
i have always hesitated to play this game ,

but i think your hack give me a reason to play this for sure now

thank you man , it looks great

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2017
Meh, some monsters are ridiculously strong.. Even in the original game I had deep troubles for finishing the 3rd lunar tower and the stupid final tournament ^^

And what about the stats and growths ? Could we know exactly pls ? :3

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Just a question: de we have to play the game in English to get the edits? Because I patched to an US version but it has French and Spanish language options in addition to English...my flashcard and my Ds being parametered to French the game self-selected that language and for convenience I kept it like that...I wonder if I'm playing the vanilla version or the redesigned one now...

I noticed some changes compared to the version I played previously (the effect of the basic spells and how we gain mp, and the lack of phoenix downs in the bag and in the shop at the beginning) but I don't know if those are changes between the EU version (I was playing previously) and the US one, or due to your edits...

I also got a Scarmasax and gave it to my moogle thief and apparently it teaches steal loot level 1...which you edited... will using that allow me to steal level 4 loot at the beginning of the game...or should I just switch the language to English to get the edits or what?
Edit: When the language is switched to English the ability changes to "steal gist"...I wonder what would happen if I use said weapon using the French language...will i get the vanilla effect, the edited one but the name will be wrong or a game freeze?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Meh, some monsters are ridiculously strong.. Even in the original game I had deep troubles for finishing the 3rd lunar tower and the stupid final tournament ^^

And what about the stats and growths ? Could we know exactly pls ? :3

I've updated the main post. Now you can see the stat growths. The original game is ridiculously easy, I finished the 3rd lunar tower with my party at level 30.

Just a question: de we have to play the game in English to get the edits? Because I patched to an US version but it has French and Spanish language options in addition to English...my flashcard and my Ds being parametered to French the game self-selected that language and for convenience I kept it like that...I wonder if I'm playing the vanilla version or the redesigned one now...

I noticed some changes compared to the version I played previously (the effect of the basic spells and how we gain mp, and the lack of phoenix downs in the bag and in the shop at the beginning) but I don't know if those are changes between the EU version (I was playing previously) and the US one, or due to your edits...

I also got a Scarmasax and gave it to my moogle thief and apparently it teaches steal loot level 1...which you edited... will using that allow me to steal level 4 loot at the beginning of the game...or should I just switch the language to English to get the edits or what?
Edit: When the language is switched to English the ability changes to "steal gist"...I wonder what would happen if I use said weapon using the French language...will i get the vanilla effect, the edited one but the name will be wrong or a game freeze?

Sorry, the game text are only edited in the English language. (I'm spanish, butI preferred to do in English for more people can play it.

I've updated a new patch with some bugs fixed and I upload it in the main post.
Remember to patch a fresh rom!

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Ok...Just something I am wondering... I did the mission with the green wolf before the mission with the tomatoes since the wolf mission was rank 3 and the tomatoes one rank 5...and it turns out that the wolf one is harder than the other...I had to soft reset and retry and I used most of my super potions to win on my second try...Is the rank wrong or what?

My philosophy is to check the rank of the next story mission and to do only missions with a rank below or equal to that before continuing with the plot...are there other missions like that which have a low rank but are actually harder than other optional or plot-related missions which are ranked higher?

Just to avoid an humiliating defeat at the hands of wolves/dragons/fairies/etc...

Ps: i don't really mind the not-edited text in French since the effects are edited anyway.

Ps2: I think I already have the latest version, since I got it yesterday from ffhacktics.com.

Ps3: Can we revive our characters with a phoenix down? I tried to use one but it didn't work...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
All enemy levels scale with the party, so if you party level is highter than the predefined level of the enemies units, the enemies will have your party level, so the rank is not taken into account. Sometimes the enemy level is rounded to high. This is a way of make every battle funny.
Phoenix down is no longer the old Phoenix down. If you play in English language you will see that it is renamed to Fairy down, and it adds regen on an unit.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
All enemy levels scale with the party, so if you party level is highter than the predefined level of the enemies units, the enemies will have your party level, so the rank is not taken into account. Sometimes the enemy level is rounded to high. This is a way of make every battle funny.
Phoenix down is no longer the old Phoenix down. If you play in English language you will see that it is renamed to Fairy down, and it adds regen on an unit.

The thing is when I did the wolf mission the people in my team had level which ranged from 3 to 5 and the brown wolves were all level 5 while the green one was 8(!).

I think i'm going to play in English during the fights and in French during the story...or some weird combination like that....

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2017
I finished the 3rd lunar tower with my party at level 30.

I can't believe you. With a party lvl 30 you can defeat the strongest monsters lvl 99 ? Please.
Btw, thanks for the stats.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
I can't believe you. With a party lvl 30 you can defeat the strongest monsters lvl 99 ? Please.
Btw, thanks for the stats.

Assassin's last Breath + Green Mage's Leap + Halve MP = 80% of KO with Last Breath every turn.
Summoner's Phoenix and double magick + Halve MP + MP Efficiency clan benefit = Revive your entire team every turn.

It's very easy.

A demostration how unbalanced and easy is the original FFTA2:

[lv2 VS lv99 Cinquleur] Final Fantasy Tactics A2: - Cornered Abuse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ7J8Ofh9dQ
and more:
FFTA2: low level Brightmoon Tor solo - Roulette Abuse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ux8XGwOHpc

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
So my team levels range from 19 to 21...and the next story mission is Yowie's...any tip on how to win? One of my problem is that the game forbids me to use my Nu Mou mage...and he's the only one with my Viera who can learn absorb MP...since none of my other characters have learnt spells.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
So my team levels range from 19 to 21...and the next story mission is Yowie's...any tip on how to win? One of my problem is that the game forbids me to use my Nu Mou mage...and he's the only one with my Viera who can learn absorb MP...since none of my other characters have learnt spells.

Ignore the law and use a Nu Mou. Use two healers with Cura and Absorb MP. Attack Yowie with a ranged attacker and avoid Yowie use another ability that it will not gravity flux.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Thank you for your help but I lost my micro SD with the game and save (it fell in a hole between two planks in the patio after falling from the table), and I had all the regions in the first continent under control after winning the auctions...I don't know if i'll start over or play the vanilla version to get there faster...If possible i'd like for someone to pass me a save file going until Yowie with control over the first continent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back