• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Evils Unite

Must Arceus appear in my game and in which form should he appear?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
However, the vacation doesn't last long, as Team Rocket and Team Magma join ranks, and create the evil team known as Team Chaos.
Why? They have different goals, Team Magma wants to expand the land what makes them Eco-terrorists (through they are ignoring that the land can't live without the ocean because they are a bunch of idiots). Team Rockets ambitions go from making money out of evil deeds to world domination, sometimes also searching for Giovannis child, depending on what source/time you refer to. In the Adventures manga Marco and Maxie temporarily join forces to get to the ground of the ocean and to fight off Ruby and Sapphire, but due to their opposing goals they are enemies. But Magma and Rocket? Team Rocket should be clever enough to know the immense land expansion would practically cause the apocalypse to happen and then there will be no money, no lost son and no folks to rule over. I can image Team Magma trying to use Team Rocket's resources, but not why the latter ones should let that happen.
Also, where does those two teams come from? In the traditional games both Teams were disbanded. So does Team Chaos only consists of strayers who are sad that good ol' playtime is over? Just a bunch of (traditionally) weak people causing minor havoc the local police is unable to handle? If the teams weren't disbanded, why not and [see joining issues above].

In order to stop this from happening, they decided to find the Shadow Elixir at the Volcano of Doom. However, due to their evil schemes, the volcano has begun to erupt again
"Volcano of Doom" is a unusual name for the free-healthcare-world of Pokemon. And what does the Shadow Elixir have to do with Team Chaos? Do you have to feed it to them so they become good again? Who made it? How did the protagonists get wind of this ominous elixir?

Your father, the powerful gym leader of Navya City, and even his brother, the champion of the Hoenn League, decide to come home for a vacation.
That some one is you. You were the chosen one.
Please tell us more about how the protagonist is awesome and the only one to stop the catastrophe from the very beginning. Red was a nobody who happened to train himself strong and happened to run over Team Rocket a dozen of times. Same goes for Gold. Ruby was the child of a gym leader, but his family was new to the region so nobody knew him. Ruby ran into Team Magma/Aqua a dozen times, happened to have the red/blue jewel and this was enough for Steven to let him meet up with Groundon/Kyogre. (By using the name of the male main character I just meant the player character.) I don't know about the following games, but I would be surprised to find it very different from this.
But since brother and father are well-known and long enough there to make a vacation, I guess NPCs would known the little one after all. Did you considered that? That can still make a great aspect of the game, everyone pressuring the protagonist because of his family, so he has to prove himself.
Side note: It is never the mother to be out on an adventure.

[The rival] will often battle the hero while in his way to stop Team Chaos.
And nice talking like "Please don't stop me from stopping the end of the world, I'm the chosen one." won't work, huh? You make it sound like rival WANTS Team Chaos to succeed. (Whatever it is they want to accomplish.)

I was thinking on Electric-Fighting-Rock.
Fighting smashes rock and that was it. What about Dark-Psychic-Ghost or Ice-Grass-Rock?

Also, the 5 starters are : Pikachu - Charmander - Poliwag - Machop - Bulbausaur
elarmasecretas changes would reduce the choice to the types. So, a triangle of forces plus Electricity weak against Grass, strong against Water and Fighting not involved in balancing at all? Questionable. I would prefer a cool Trio-Combo.

I need some [...] Positive critics.
Did I good?

I'm on board to be a positive critic.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Why? They have different goals, Team Magma wants to expand the land what makes them Eco-terrorists (through they are ignoring that the land can't live without the ocean because they are a bunch of idiots). Team Rockets ambitions go from making money out of evil deeds to world domination, sometimes also searching for Giovannis child, depending on what source/time you refer to. In the Adventures manga Marco and Maxie temporarily join forces to get to the ground of the ocean and to fight off Ruby and Sapphire, but due to their opposing goals they are enemies. But Magma and Rocket? Team Rocket should be clever enough to know the immense land expansion would practically cause the apocalypse to happen and then there will be no money, no lost son and no folks to rule over. I can image Team Magma trying to use Team Rocket's resources, but not why the latter ones should let that happen.
Also, where does those two teams come from? In the traditional games both Teams were disbanded. So does Team Chaos only consists of strayers who are sad that good ol' playtime is over? Just a bunch of (traditionally) weak people causing minor havoc the local police is unable to handle? If the teams weren't disbanded, why not and [see joining issues above].
Well to fully answer you:
1-Both teams knew they couldn't achieve their projects alone so they decided to seek each others help and put their conflicts apart. After their collaboration, Team Rocket was planning to eliminate Team Magma to gain domination over the world.
2-This game takes place several years after the traditional games, so Team Rocket and Magma had the chance to recover while remaining silent and inactive. After these years of forming young people and improving their technology, they became more powerful than before.

"Volcano of Doom" is a unusual name for the free-healthcare-world of Pokemon. And what does the Shadow Elixir have to do with Team Chaos? Do you have to feed it to them so they become good again? Who made it? How did the protagonists get wind of this ominous elixir?
1-The Volcano of Doom was created by the legendary Arceus. If the humans were to become evil(Rocket & Magma schemes and all the violences in the streets) it would erupt and destroy the whole planet.
2-The Shadow Elixir will help them gain better control over shadow pokemon. By feeding it to them, it would increase their evil senses and destroy their personnality giving their masters full control over them.
3-It was created by Arceus to maintain the balance of good and evil. Shadow Elixir(Evil)/Lugia Artifact(Good). Each was given to a legendary pokemon.
4-The protagonists got wind by someone who wants to destroy Team Chaos(This is a plot idea and i don't want to spoil it out. I hope you understand)

Please tell us more about how the protagonist is awesome and the only one to stop the catastrophe from the very beginning. Red was a nobody who happened to train himself strong and happened to run over Team Rocket a dozen of times. Same goes for Gold. Ruby was the child of a gym leader, but his family was new to the region so nobody knew him. Ruby ran into Team Magma/Aqua a dozen times, happened to have the red/blue jewel and this was enough for Steven to let him meet up with Groundon/Kyogre. (By using the name of the male main character I just meant the player character.) I don't know about the following games, but I would be surprised to find it very different from this.
But since brother and father are well-known and long enough there to make a vacation, I guess NPCs would known the little one after all. Did you considered that? That can still make a great aspect of the game, everyone pressuring the protagonist because of his family, so he has to prove himself.
Side note: It is never the mother to be out on an adventure.
Only the chosen one can enter the ????? Cave where you will find the Lugia Artifact. You won't know it's the player until a special scene that i plan to create. You're right about the pressuring, i was already doing it.

And nice talking like "Please don't stop me from stopping the end of the world, I'm the chosen one." won't work, huh? You make it sound like rival WANTS Team Chaos to succeed. (Whatever it is they want to accomplish.)
The rival is jealous of the hero/ine receiving the spotlight because of his family(but he doesn't hate him!) so he will try to slow the player's progression and succeed the mission on his own.

Fighting smashes rock and that was it. What about Dark-Psychic-Ghost or Ice-Grass-Rock?

elarmasecretas changes would reduce the choice to the types. So, a triangle of forces plus Electricity weak against Grass, strong against Water and Fighting not involved in balancing at all? Questionable. I would prefer a cool Trio-Combo.
I still don't what to choose between 5 and 3 starters. Maybe i'll make a poll for this.

Did I good?
Yeah you did really good. Thank you!:)

Arma

The Hyena
Years
@Ayutac: the differences between the types of the starters will only matter if they affect things like your rivals theme.

Personally I think the idea behind that is getting a bit old, so I'd suggest you stick with the 5 starters.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
This is a plot idea and i don't want to spoil it out. I hope you understand)
Totally!

You're right about the pressuring, i was already doing it.
Very good!

The rival is jealous of the hero/ine receiving the spotlight because of his family(but he doesn't hate him!) so he will try to slow the player's progression and succeed the mission on his own.
Typical me: Write something and after 3 lines forgot it completely. Of course, when prota is THE ONE, then rival will be a little bit annoyed. I can totally understand that.

Yeah you did really good. Thank you!:)
I was a little bit afraid you didn't thought the plot through, since I don't know you and could only read what you wrote. (I actually think this is a good thing, so no "X makes Z and had already made Y, which was good, so Z will/must be good too" crap.) But your answers have shown me that you know what you're doing :)

"the differences between the types of the starters will only matter if they affect things like your rivals theme"
In my experience it also influences the gym fights. E.g. if you start Red/Blue with Charmander, you gonna have a bad time with the first 2 gyms, if you don't catch and train anything else. Fire starters generally make caves like hell. Maybe that's why they all became fire/fighting, so one can get easier through?
And in connection with gym fights, it is also important for the pokemon you want to catch. If you don't start with the fire starter, it sure took a while until you were able to get another fire type in Gen I and III, while water types spawn quite easily.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
A ps3 in a pokemon game?!? Brave yourself, fanboys will haunt you!

Seriously speaking though, the top map looks a bit empty compared to the bottom one. Oh btw the green bookshelf isn't properly placed, it looks like it is floating. .. day/night shouldnt be used indoors though it looks weird imo.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
A ps3 in a pokemon game?!? Brave yourself, fanboys will haunt you!

Seriously speaking though, the top map looks a bit empty compared to the bottom one. Oh btw the green bookshelf isn't properly placed, it looks like it is floating. .. day/night shouldnt be used indoors though it looks weird imo.
I corrected the PS3. A Nintendo Wii should be fine.
I replaced the bookshelf but i can't modify the day/night function.
Errors are fixed in the post above.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
They look okay, apparently you didn't use my map, that's perfectly fine. The upper room looks too big. Why all that space???

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
They look okay, apparently you didn't use my map, that's perfectly fine. The upper room looks too big. Why all that space???
This is from your map. I just modified it a little and created some more maps. This space is for an upcoming event, maybe i'll delete some. These screenshots are not final though.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Sorry for double-posting again but here's an update so you guys know i'm still working on this.
Spoiler:

Hope you appreciate it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Looks good!! I like how the OW is blue. I like how you battle Aerodactyl at first, shows uniqueness. Keep it up!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Looks good!! I like how the OW is blue. I like how you battle Aerodactyl at first, shows uniqueness. Keep it up!

Thank you dude!
I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that a demo is underway. You may find it in 2 weeks at least so check this thread for some updates.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Update: The demo will be released at mid-April since I decided I would add more content to it. I'll edit this post later for some new screens. Thanks guys for following this!
EDIT : Meet Katia, Danny, Larry and Prof Landon
Spoiler:

Credits to Hoenn for them. There is also a banner for you guys to put in your sig if you want to support me.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
There are the main characters OWs made by Hoenn.
Spoiler:

Thanks for following this game~

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
I really like how this is going, pretty nice. Just one thing: the font, I don't know why, but I always liked pixelated fonts on 2d games.

I have to say, battling aerodactyl it's an original idea, but seems odd because it's lvl 5. Aerodactyl it's not a Pokémon you see at lvl.5 everyday. That's just how I think though, I still like it that way.

Keep up the good work, I'll be waiting for the demo :)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I really like how this is going, pretty nice. Just one thing: the font, I don't know why, but I always liked pixelated fonts on 2d games.

I have to say, battling aerodactyl it's an original idea, but seems odd because it's lvl 5. Aerodactyl it's not a Pokémon you see at lvl.5 everyday. That's just how I think though, I still like it that way.

Keep up the good work, I'll be waiting for the demo :)
Thanks for your feedback. It means a lot. Pixelated fonts? What is it? noob time
It's in the starting events and i wanted uniqueness.
Thanks man!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
What he means is, you've not installed the Pokemon Fonts provided with Essentials onto your computer, thus your screenshots show the default RMXP font, which looks bad in a fan game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back