• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Video Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
It doesn't have to be Pokemon, it can be something like Kingdom Hearts or Skyrim. My favorite is Okami and its sequel, both stories are so deep and touching at times and I got attached to the characters really quickly and I loved the music and boss themes. So what are your favorite games?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Huh, didn't expect anyone to hold Okami as their favorite game considering all its glaring flaws.

Anyway.
Wario_Land_4_Coverart.jpg

I've already explained in detail so many times why but to keep it short:

Amazing gameplay
Fantastic level designs
Well hidden secrets
Perfect controls
Clever puzzles
Great production value
A lot of replayabilty

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
My favourite video game isssss... Tales of Vesperia:

256px-Tales_of_Vesperia_Game_Cover.jpg

Well, I actually recommend playing the PS3 version (even though it's Japanese only), since the one for the Xbox is the Beta version. But, even the Beta version is pretty good! It has a nice battle system, memorable characters and great graphics alongside a good story.

Shout outs go to:

Tales of Abyss
Tales of Symphonia
Persona 3/4
Mana Khermia

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
All these games I never heard of before.(Other than Tales of Abyss, and Persona.) Yeah, Okami has its flaws here are some memorable ones:

Toby-The last and most annoying blockhead. I missed him already when I killed him.
Ice Ability was useless, luckily Okamiden fixed that by making ice the same as water
The long, annoying, boring, intro. At least the Wii version fixed that by adding a skip button.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
The game that I find to be one of the most enjoyable experience ever is:

Xenoblade_box_artwork.png

Reasons to why it's my favourite:
- A great and strategic battle system.
- A vast world to explore.
- Many sidequests to undertake.
- Incredible music.
- Interesting story.

Other notable contenders to my favourite game:

- Tales of Vesperia
- Sol Trigger
- The World Ends With You
- Trails in The Sky: Second Chapter

Nakala Pri

Fire Emblem: Awakening, SolatoRobo: Red the Hunter, Pokemon Black and Pokemon Conquest... they're all so good!

EEK! Too hard to decide. xD

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
my favorite game is Sonic Heroes

-it has the coolest level design
- can play three characters at once
- Cool music
- brings back metal sonic.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
All these games I never heard of before.(Other than Tales of Abyss, and Persona.) Yeah, Okami has its flaws here are some memorable ones:

Toby-The last and most annoying blockhead. I missed him already when I killed him.
Ice Ability was useless, luckily Okamiden fixed that by making ice the same as water
The long, annoying, boring, intro. At least the Wii version fixed that by adding a skip button.
Those are small compared to the real flaws. Excuse me for using Legend of Zelda as a comparison here, but the game was inspired by it after all.

The dungeon design is bad. Maybe I'm setting the bar too high because Zelda's dungeons are very very brilliantly design. Okami's dungeons, in comparison, fall flat. The puzzles sucked too.
Bland overworld and boring side quests, somehow even worse than Skyward Sword's. (Which I actually didn't mind much, just because I did play Okami before it so it was acceptable in comparison.)
The game is like 60 hours long. It drags on way too long and overstays its welcome.
PADDING PADDING PADDING
The combat is bad. Maybe it's the Wii version, but it really is terrible. Unbelievable given that this is a Kamiya game, who's a master at combat systems.

It does right with the production value, story, characters, music and art style and as a fan of Japanese mythology that's enough for me. That doesn't mean the gameplay itself isn't filled with so many flaws though, unfortunately. It's a pretty mediocre Zelda game, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like Zelda much. Oh, though, I gotta give the nod to bosses here, they were pretty good from what I remember.

my favorite game is Sonic Heroes

-it has the coolest level design
- can play three characters at once
- Cool music
- brings back metal sonic.
Oh whoa we already topped Okami here.

But I'd rather not badmouth some people's favorite games here because I'd feel like a jerk, but I am genuinely surprised at the choices. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I hope I don't bring down anyone with what I said.

Last edited:

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
What, that's nothing compared to the youtube trolls on chuggaaconroy's channel. I liked the dungeons because unlike Zelda, you have to use powers you get earlier in the game and in Zelda you use pretty much one weapon or power for one dungeon and you never use it again pretty much. I never found the dungeons to be bland because you're inside the water dragon and is that uncreative? Anyways, if you watch chuggaaconroy, you know the trolls I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
So much complaining in such a simple, happy thread. It takes a lot of guts to talk smack about somebody's favorite game.

Favorite game...Star Ocean: TTEOT. I've played through it at least 20 times. When I get bored with video games in general, I delete my Battle Trophy data and play through it 3-4 more times to get it back. I've done every challenge that I can think of from solo runs to level 1 playthroughs to only using Battle Skills. It's definitely got my favorite combat system out of any game I've ever played. The plot's alright. It's a nice chronological end to the series. Also it's got Freya and you don't know Hell until you've tried to fight Freya.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
tumblr_m7ee83I4Nw1qgtqqf.jpg

I don't care what anyone says. Fanboys praise this game to high heaven and trolls rip it apart.

I grew up with this game. I was around 8 or 9 when my cousin gave it to me, and I played it with my brother until I reached a certain point where we just couldn't continue. Although I was too young to really grasp the story... I felt a strong connection to it. The graphics, the battle system, the Materia system, the music... oh my god, the music. I remember playing Smash Brothers Melee while listening to the world map music. I would have the sound for my PS2 plugged in, and the Gamecube would have the video plugged in. I would park my party in the world map and listen to it while playing. I would enter a battle and do nothing just to listen to the battle music.

Everything about this game I find perfect. The storyline had the right amount of everything. I connected with every character, and I felt like I was a part of the journey. I remember crying my eyes out in the scene that everyone should know about. I didn't like Aerith any more than Tifa (in fact, I MUCH preferred Tifa; I thought her and Cloud held far stronger chemistry due to their history) but I still liked Aerith. It made me despise Sephiroth.

Every time I play through the game, I notice something I didn't notice in a previous playthrough. Little tidbits about the translation, real world connections, cut data... something always intrigues me about the game, and playing through it every time is still a unique experience.

Sure, it has it's flaws. Every game does. And even if I take off the rose coloured nostalgia goggles... I believe it's perfect in every way shape or form, and I have yet to encounter a game with such emotion and character. This is my favourite game of all time, and it will be forever.

Favorite game...Star Ocean: TTEOT. I've played through it at least 20 times. When I get bored with video games in general, I delete my Battle Trophy data and play through it 3-4 more times to get it back. I've done every challenge that I can think of from solo runs to level 1 playthroughs to only using Battle Skills. It's definitely got my favorite combat system out of any game I've ever played. The plot's alright. It's a nice chronological end to the series. Also it's got Freya and you don't know Hell until you've tried to fight Freya.

Don't even get me STARTED on this game. I spent WEEKS tracking it down, until it popped up in a local Gamestop.

I love this game... I really need to set some time to play through it. I remember playing through it when I was a lot younger and I loved it almost as much as FFVII, but I think the fact that there were so many endings made it feel like an incomplete experience. But still, amazing!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I will forever love Ratchet and Clank 2. I like the humour in the game (sure it's cheesy, but it works), the gameplay and the story...also it's one of those games I bought numerous copies of.

Years
I will forever love Ratchet and Clank 2. I like the humour in the game (sure it's cheesy, but it works), the gameplay and the story...also it's one of those games I bought numerous copies of.

Same with me too! It's my fave of the Ratchet & Clank games and I found it easier than the other two R&C games I played. I even still sometimes do those challenge mode restarts after finishing the main story and I still manage to breeze through it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not including any of the Pokemon games..... the only other game I do play once in a while, more like 3 times a month now is Sim City 4

3 times a month, not that I get bored of it, I just don't play that game too often now, I also play the Pokemon games the most. I remember I would play that game 3 hours every day, letting my imagination and creativity run wild, every new download from Simtropolis or SC4Devotion would make the game play much more fun than before - I don't plan on buying the new Sim City game [from the reviews I have read, and the YouTube vids I seen - the new game looks like its really really bad - all the great stuff is gone - everything that makes Sim City game fun is taken out].

SimCity_4_-_Rush_Hour_Coverart.png

thefallendetective

-johnlocked-
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Hello! ^^ I'm here to share the joy and hopefully pique your interests in some of my favourite video
games. ( ´ー`)フ I play all these on the ds because it's the only console I have! ^^

I'll hide the list in a spoiler because I'm afraid it'll be too long heheheh. c: I'm sorry I don't know what
categories they fall under but I think it's something like this.

Spoiler:

I roughly play the same types of games but in my opinion these are extremely good. I'll write a bit
about Devil Survivor and The World Ends With You (TWEWY). Oh and I'm not good at pinpointing the
good points but here are my feelings pertaining to them? I'll try not to spoil them! (/ °∀°)/
(sorry I can't post pictures atm)

Devil Survivor
You play the protagonist and one day something happens, leaving you a demon summoning app in
possession. With this app, you have to face human's trial for survival in seven days, defeating a
septentrione (boss) each day. -sorry for being brief it's to avoid spoilers-

Along with the plot, there are interesting side stories and you have to interact with other characters
to raise their affinity with you, unlocking various abilities. You can also fuse demons to create more
powerful ones and bid for them in auctions. The music is cool and there is an anime based on the
game too! ( ' ∇ ' )ノ

TWEWY
You play a guy called Neku Sakuraba, who doesn't like the world and prefers to keep to himself.
Suddenly you appear at the heart of Shibuya. Everything appears normal except.. nobody can see
or hear you. You later discover that this is some sick game of the reapers where they try to kill you
within seven days and survivors can return to the real world.

The development of the game is superb and the music is addictive too! The game doesn't get boring
because different partners have different styles of fighting! Plus, the plot really gets to you and
will definitely leave you longing for a sequel. I think it touches a bit on self-discovery and is really
quite inspiring if you ask me.

Wow this post turned out really long I'm so sorry! And I also apologise if I don't really show the true
awesomeness of the games because I'm no good at promoting. But yup, I hope someone who passes
by decides to give the games a try and who knows, you'll be playing it non-stop!! (^ー^*)ノ

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Yes, the infamous trolls of youtube. Here is one in a nutshell:

OMGZ THIS GAME IS FOR GIRLS PLAY CALL OF DUTY THATS THE MANLIEST GAME EVER

Anyways, Skyrim is awesome, with up to 200+ hours of gameplay? Hell yes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I can't decide if it's Golden Sun (first two games) or Radiant Historia

Golden Sun:
- my very first RPG (besides Pokemon)
- long and well written story
- good looking graphics (considering the fact that they are GBA games)
- cool characters
- cool soundtrack (Sakuraba did a really great job)
- interesting batlle system (even though it's one of the most controverse parts of the games, besides the walls of text xD)

Radiant Historia:
- beatiful graphics
- really great soundtrack
- a fun battle system
- some really interesting characters
- well done time travel mechanics
- this game made me complete everything it offered

Other games: FF6, Morrowind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back