• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Final Evolution Water Starter

favorite final evolution Water Starter

• Blastoise

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Feraligatr

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Swampert

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Empoleon

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Samurott

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
what is you favorite final evolution water starter? please list the final evolved forms only, no pres... they are...

Blastoise
Feraligatr
Swampert
Empoleon
Samurott

my favorite is Samurott

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Feraligatr has to be my favourite! I had fond memories when I used it in Gold Version, I was much younger back then...
I used it again in HeartGold Version, it really makes the battle with Lance much easier with it's Ice Fang attack.

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
Years
I'm torn between Swampert and Empoleon.

I'll go with Swampert seeing as I've used him a lot more than Empoleon over the years. Although the difference in my heart is a mere nanometer.

blue

gucci
Years
There's none I dislike, they're all equally awesome, although if I had to choose I'd probably sayyy Empoleon. It was between Swampert and Empoleon but I remember training my Empoleon to Level 100 and it being my third Level 100 Pokémon ever, both amazing Pokemon mind.

Sirfetch’d

As a huge fan of Hoenn like I have stated in the past, I am picking Swampert without hesitation. All 3 starters from Hoenn are at the top of my list. Swampert is simply amazing in battle with his great defensive typing and powerful attack stats. He is certainly a force to be messed with.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
In case you didn't see that first, I'll just link to this post here, justin.

On topic, I think all the final water starter evos are pretty cool. Except for Swampert, whom I think is so ugly haha. But it's pretty awesome to have in Ruby, so it's acceptable ;)

I have a hard time choosing. I like Empoleon for its typing and looks, I like Samurott for its looks too. But Blastoise and Empoleon are probably dueling for the 1st place in my head. I don't know who will win, probably one at some time and the other at another time. I'm not the one to never change my mind about stuff.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
Feraligatr and Swampert are both pretty cool, but I personally like Feraligatr better, mostly because I just like Totodile in general XD Swampert has a cooler design though

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I had a tough time deciding between Swampert and Samurott - I like them equally, but since I like mustelids [otters are aquatic mustlids] a lot more, so all my glory goes to Samurott!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I would go with Empoleon because I used it in every playthrough of DPPt, though I do really like Swampert.

Something about steel penguins is just so classy, though.

Years
Samurott is the real badass of this bunch, it's a samurai sea lion otter thing and again I chose it because of my heavy favoritism towards the Oshawott line.

KnockFan

Just a Beginner ...
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Easily Feraligatr. I mostly chose for nostalgic reasons. Feraligatr is the first Pokemon I remember evolving to the max as well as being my first possible level 100.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
I chose Empoleon, for nostaligic reasons, though it is a tie for me between it and Feraligatr. I am always a sucker for Oshawott but Samurott just wasn't cutting it in comparison to the others.

Appeal wise, I would have to say Empoleon > Blastoise/Feraligatr > Samurott > Swampert

I've just never liked Swampert, haha. I always chose Torchic in the Hoenn games simply because Blaziken > you, but that's a whole other topic.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
The Aquas tend to be my least favorites, but I still really like them all except Empoleon. It was a hard choice and I'm not really sure, but I picked Samurott. I like Blastoise and Swampert just about the same, though. Feraligatr is good, but I always thought it could use a more subdued color scheme. And Empoleon is just awful to me.

Years
Craaaaaap this is a toughie.

I'd have to go Feraligatr at #1, best Johto Starter in my opinion.

2. Blastoise
3. Empoleon
4. Samurott
5. Swampert. I've never liked it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Feraligatr is definately my favorite, for many reasons; they're cool looking, strong, and my feraligatr was the first Pokemon I ever owned, plus the first one I ever leveled to 100.

Empoleon comes in second, though, it just has a cool design. Swampert is my least favorite, its design kinda ruins it for me :S

Ayselipera

I'm going to be boring and say Blastoise. I never cared for Feraligatr and I can't stand Swampert. Samurott is really cool looking, but I thought it was boring once I used one. The only other water starter I really like besides Blastoise is Empoleon. Which I find weird lol, but I hated Infernape so much and found Torterra to be soooooo boring after a while that I ended up using Empoleon all the time.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Samurott > Swampert > Empoleon > Feraligatr > Blastoise

I really, really love Samurott's design which is why it gets my favorite vote. I also really loved using mine in my White version. Swampert is a very close second because I think that water/ground types are awesome. Empoleon is an easy pick after that because its steel typing was extremely useful to me in my Diamond run. Feraligatr and Blastoise are kind of tied for me. They just don't stand out to me I guess.. at least not in the way the others do.

Back