• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Name 5 Pokemon That....

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Pet? None, don't be ridiculous. UnU
Haha, okay okay I'll play nice here. I'd love to have... gee, I dunno. Alakazam seems smart enough, I'd have him as a good friend who owes me a solid or something so he could write my thesis paper for me. And get me out of any other scrapes.

Looks like I have the honor of doing the next 5. D: Uh, I dunno, Name 5 Pokemon that are orange.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
AlexOzzyCake, I'm not a genwunner, and I dislike Pikachu, but Dedenne is just another Pikachu :(

Still pretty cute though.

4: Castform Sunny Day Form, gimmicky as a giant pencil.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
5. Vulpix... usually.

Oy, not again. Name 5 Pokémon who you feel have the worst localized names (or at the least felt they were reaching).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
2. Nidoran♂. It seems so lazy giving them the same name with the gender sign at the end - at least make them the same Pokémon but have different evolution lines for the different genders like with Ralts.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
^ Uh, that's actually its original name. Nevertheless I get you. Also, a combination at this point would be no good, not for the line that pioneered the whole gender differences thing. Might as well make Volbeat and Illumise the same creature.

3) Igglybuff, full stop.

RegretZM

Master of the Occult
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
5)The one you've all been (maybe) waiting for: Seel.
Because it's a freaking seal. HOW ORIGINAL!
I debated putting Mr. Mime here, because it's the same deal, but Seel really does take the cake. Also the consistent look on it's face pisses me off.

So I do the honors? Hm. 5 Pokemon that, no matter the circumstances, will NEVER leave your box in any game.

Years
Something that will never leave my box?
SHUCKLE.

I can NOT bring myself to USE SHUCKLE. In ANY game. It's just SO. UNDERWHELMING. It doesn't do ANY damage. All it does is suck up hits. And who needs that?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
2. Chansey! It's nice to catch for the rarity value but oh god I'd never use one. How boring would that be?

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
5.) The Lapras you get from Silph in FR/LG R/B/Y. At that point in the game, a level 15 is useless beyond all reason :(

Name 5 Pokemon that.... You feel shouldn't exist!

Years
I'm sorry, Luvdisc.

...Actually I'm not sorry. There's literally no purpose for Luvdisc to exist in this world aside from Heart Scale farming, and that doesn't make sense even then because Alomomola could have been a thing way back in gen 3 instead of suckdisc. It's in NU, and for good reason - it's never used in the games either. Smogon says it well: What counters Luvdisc? Anything with an attacking move. It is that awful.

Years
2. Pichu. Sorry, Pichu lovers, but Pikachu should be the base Pokemon for that line. It shouldn't be the Pichu line. That doesn't sound right. And I'm not even a fan of Pikachu.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
3. Chingling. Okay it's cute but that's literally it - why on earth did Chimecho of all things need a baby form? I can't understand why it exists and I'm not a fan of it haha.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
4.) To answer my own topic thingy, I would have to say Farfetch'd.

I honestly don't see the point of it >.< I mean, it may have been ok for RBY standards.. Actually nvm, it was horrible even then. Nothing has been done to it's evolutionary line to help it be worth something, and it's just bad. :(

Back