• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon: Kampo Jewels

QFred

Behold...
Years
A game I'm developting in RMXP, which I had to remake 20 times until I found out that the Map000.rxdata file wasn't there because I had ereased the Player Starting Position!

Story:
You are a trainer that gets his/her first Pokémon and goes on a journey around the Kampo region to beat all badges (8 of them) and beats the league. Mostly like one of the commercial games.

Features:
- The game isn't about a legendary Pokémon or a group of them, but about the region, Kampo;
- Some people, especially trainers and quest people, are based on real people I know;
- Has a Trading Card Game using, at least, my Fake Cards set. Watch out that this hasn't playing, just trading;
- If I get a nice scratch spriter, features some new Pokémon, but not much;
- The cities names, until further modiffications, will be based on numbers;
- Each map won't be very good so the route are in alphabetical order and some of them are divided in 3 most of the times (example: route B-3)

Needing (I will also go to the member Recruitment Thread, so, don't bug me here!):
- A good scratch spriter; Ultimate Latios
- A scripter for some more complicated thingies, but not very important right now;
- A good and imaginative mapper; Bob5000 and Sylph
- Beta testers when the game is more developted, I think 3 will do the job;

Screenies:
Attached, only three by now!

Thanks to:
- Blizzy and all people he incorporated, for the Starter Kit;
- Blizzy, for the help with the hero character;
- Datriot, for the TCG scripting

Hope you like!

Last edited:

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
nice, some intresting stuff, I like that map in your screens, well, I'm moving on up in the scripting chain so in a couple of weeks I might be able to help ya'.:)

QFred

Behold...
Years
Thanks, but the maps are still in development!

Just another thingie, how do you prefer?
- Fased map, like now
- Route or city map
- Overworld big until reaching a cave of a something

I prefer the second option, what do you think?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
The ideas are nice. I'll be looking forward to the result.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I would use the second options so people can know when you reach the end or a map the it must be the end of the route/city!

good luck

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
That's good and all..but if you need a spriter, mapper and scripter, what exactly is your role? It's a shame to make everyone else do all the work for you ._.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Looking pretty good so far, but claire has got a point there. What's your role? Is it the storyline creator and card maker? Well, I'm a pretty good mapper so just pm me if you need one and I'll show you some of my maps etc.

QFred

Behold...
Years
Ok, news! Not about the game...

New mapper, which PM'ed me one of these days, bob3000!

Claire said:
That's good and all..but if you need a spriter, mapper and scripter, what exactly is your role? It's a shame to make everyone else do all the work for you ._.

I do that myself but I need a team for two reasons:
1- I'm not very good at none of these, even if I do them myself;
2- Rush things!

Back