• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Nate or Rosa?

Nate or Rosa?

• Nate

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Rosa

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
A poll would be nice. Anyway, I've always preferred Nate, and male characters in general, because I found the Pink background in Rosa's Menu quite disturbing, unlike the blue.

Years
Rosa, because I'm a girl in reality so it's fitting I always chose female characters and her design is obviously better. I love her hairstyle as well so it fits! And I don't mind the pink menu, I'm used to being the female trainer a lot.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Rosa. Even though I'm male, Nate's hair is very unappealing to me. Plus, Rosa has the best design for a female protagonist in Pokemon to me.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Rosa. Even though I'm male, Nate's hair is very unappealing to me. Plus, Rosa has the best design for a female protagonist in Pokemon to me.

>Best design as a female protagonist. Lol.

Rosa, because I'm a girl in reality so it's fitting I always chose female characters and her design is obviously better. I love her hairstyle as well so it fits! And I don't mind the pink menu, I'm used to being the female trainer a lot.

>Design is obviously better. Lol.

No.

Pick what you want. I normally pick my the character's gender based on my gender. Regardless of character design. It's the easiest way to go when facing a tough character-picking decision. And if you don't feel your gender related character is someone you like, then the opposite is your winner. :)

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I pick Nate ONLY because I am male, and I usually pick male everytime I play Pokemon. The only exception is that I MIGHT pick Dawn for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum... But for B2W2, I would personally go with Nate.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I've played each one once - Nate on B2 and Rosa on W2. I really don't have a preference between the two. The one notable difference between them, IMO, is who they end up flirting over the phone with - Curtis for Rosa and Yancy for Nate. Being male, I sort of enjoyed watching the relationship with Yancy unfold when I played Nate, and while it doesn't particularly creep me out (since I don't make believe that I'm the game character anyway) the budding relationship between Rosa and Curtis doesn't engage me much either.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I picked Nate so I could play as my own gender, but lived with it as a grudge. I cannot get over how weird his hair is! So if you are gender neutral I'd say save yourself the weird character design and pick Rosa!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I usually play as the boy. But in this game I play as Rosa. Not because I like her design or anything, but because I get to date Curtis. <3
Other than that I'd go with nate. His hair is actually a billion times better than Rosa's. But then again everything for the girl character is pink, so...yeah. <3

Sailor Moon ™

Champion of Justice
Years
A poll would be nice. Anyway, I've always preferred Nate, and male characters in general, because I found the Pink background in Rosa's Menu quite disturbing, unlike the blue.
I would have included a poll, however, I'm new here and still unsure of how things work.

Interesting! Most of you find Nate's hair unappealing? I see Rosa's as off-putting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Both are atrocious design wise if you ask me but if I had to pick one it would be Rosa since she made me vomit upon seeing her design slightly less than I did when I first saw Nate's design.

Years
I simply chose Nate to match the gender, having done so since HG/SS. Before the release of HG/SS, I always chose Dawn, Green, May, and Kris as the players just for the heck of it.

Noka

I'ma nerd
Years
I prefer Rosa for two reasons...one because I seem to find a lot of things adorable, including her.

Two is the hair. Even if they're both pretty bad, I just do NOT like Nate's at all.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
I don't really have preference, since I play as both the female and male characters. And I'm not really fond to either design so it makes it hard to answer.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I've always chosen the male, and I plan to choose the male in 6th gen, too. Yet I chose Rosa for BW2 for the following reasons:

1. This was the first time I purchased a sequel/3rdversion. I wanted to make my playthrough as different as possible from BW1.
2. The male's appearance bugged me. Neither his hair or his shorts.
3. The female's appearance, on the other hand was appealing. [FONT=&quot]("[/FONT]⌒∇⌒[FONT=&quot]")[/FONT]

It kinda bugs me that the male character is automatically associated with blue, and the girl with pink, however. I don't mind their clothing, but do the inventory bag and even the pencil while saving also have to be that scheme? With upcoming character customization, I'm hoping that genders won't be auto-assigned colors.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though I'm a guy, I like Rosa's design just as much as Nate's.

Oh hey look, a poll!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back