• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What other languages do you speak?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
My main language is French, but I also speak Arabic (cuz I'm Arab), Algerian, Obviously English and a bit of Spanish.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I took three years of Spanish in high school and barely remember any of it - certainly not enough to hold a conversation. So I'm not bilingual by any definition of the word.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
My main language is English, since I'm American even though im horrible at english in my school lolol. But im muslim, so I speak Arabic ;D

I also speak French and a bit Spanish.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I took two years of Spanish in high school and while I can remember some of it, I wouldn't say I can hold a conversation. I can also say my alphabet in American Sign Language.

...yeah, that's all I've got.

Naturalles

OHHHHHHHH!!
Years
I am fluent in English and British Sign Language.

Can also speak Spanish but not fluently as English and BSL.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I'm monolingual. The only other language I have any cause to learn is Japanese.
I actually put some effort into Esperanto for a short time, but I have this strange habit of suddenly dropping projects for no reason.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
English was my first language, and I know bits and pieces of Spanish and French. Actually, I can spell the French stuff, but probably pronounce it wrong. ._.

As for Spanish, I just have forgotten most of it, though I didn't know much in the first place. You should have heard me and my best friend yelling at each other in Spanish in public (just to confuse people, yeah). It made absolutely no sense to either of us because we made up half of the words, and the rest were just random Spanish words we knew.

Years
I am monolingual by speaking English. However, I can understand some Spanish, but only from what I learned in class or a tiny grain of slang xD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
English mostly; though I understand some Italian and French. I'm trying to pick up Japanese right now :3 Sadly lessons were cancelled for this summer semester but I've signed up for the fall semester :3

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Seeing as I come from a fairly Hispanic background, I do speak fluent Spanish. English is my first language, though. I want to learn either French or Japanese now.

Years
The only language that I'm fluent in speaking is English. While I can't speak or write it all that well, I can read a majority of written French (as in, if I were to read a book in French, I'd still be able to follow along, but might miss some of the details).

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I am fluent in English, I can speak a small amount of French, basic amount of Spanish, and a tiny amount of Croatian and Japanese. None of these languages I can speak fluent; you'd have to speak to me quite slowly so I can grasp the words you are saying.

Years
I took about four years of German. I hardly remember any of it now. Never had a chance to practice it once I got out of school, so yeah. I wish I'd kept up on it even outside of school. It was fun to learn.

Too lazy to learn anything else, sadly.

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
My main language is English, since I'm American even though im horrible at english in my school lolol. But im muslim, so I speak Arabic ;D

I also speak French and a bit Spanish.

I'm going to convert to Islam myself. Been reading the Qur'ān. So I guess that means I'll be learning Arabic myself soon enough :p

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I can speak English and Albanian fluently, and I know enough Spanish to get into a short conversation with someone.

Years
I can speak English and Mandarin. I know a bit of French, but it's terrible. I've been wanting to learn German for 6 years now (that hasn't gone anywhere), and I'd like to learn Cantonese so I can talk to my girlfriend in Cantonese (and her parents too, awkward to have Chinese 'in-laws' but can't communicate to them >.<)

Back