• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Does Gameshark or codebreaker work on Shiny Gold if so can you please tell me where i can find some codes? I really want that golem and raising geodude is a pain

Cheating = bad
it ruins the game, and also might make it unable for you to proceed in the game at a certain point.
But if you really need to cheat, you can use the Fire Red codes.

muh316

pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • NY
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
i did use gameshark and the result bulbasaur everywhere in the grass its a pain can anyone tell how to reverse this

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
i did use gameshark and the result bulbasaur everywhere in the grass its a pain can anyone tell how to reverse this

I told you NOT to use cheats.
Did you try to "remove" the cheats?
If that doesn't work, then you have to delete the rom, .sav file and the .clt file and start all over on a fresh rom.

Next time, DONT CHEAT!!!!

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
Years
OH YEAH finally i did it!
Beta 5 is awsome, i just didn´t understood why gary´s sprite when you´re choosing his name
but great work and finally with kanto we will be able to get the silver wing at pewter and CAPTURE LUGIA!!!!!!

muh316

pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • NY
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
I told you NOT to use cheats.
Did you try to "remove" the cheats?
If that doesn't work, then you have to delete the rom, .sav file and the .clt file and start all over on a fresh rom.

Next time, DONT CHEAT!!!!

Thanks for the advice but the glitch wore off over time so its not bad and now i have a larvitar with 99999 money and people dont cheat too much a small cheat can be pleasant but if you over cheat ugh its a mess

Last edited:

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
Years
Thanks for the advice but the glitch wore off over time so its not bad and now i have a larvitar with 99999 money and people dont cheat too much a small cheat can be pleasant but if you over cheat ugh its a mess

good for you, bad for me
i used the rare candy cheat and now my box is full of just rare candies and i cant throw them off

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2008
I'm extremely pumped for Beta 6. Mostly because I won't have to listen to those silly Kanto songs while I'm playing in Johto. It kinda kills the atmosphere of it being the Silver/Gold/Crystal setting, y'know?

You've done an extremely good job with this game. Best of luck to you, and keep up the good work! :t298:

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
Years
Yea, I'm back. Noone helped me with removing my account so I'll help you out first. I have learned that for some reason doing a "write state" (a feature in VBA) and THEN doing a cheat will safeguard you from unwanted side effects because reloading the save game file will not always work in undoing the cheat. However, loading from a state from before the cheats were implemented will remove ALL effects from the cheat (but make sure you remove the cheats before you load the state again). Hope this helps in the future. By the way, to be safe it is best to only do one cheat at a time until you are sure that it will work properly. I have tried several at once without using my state method in Fire Red and it made Bill's PC corrupt with "bad eggs" so I had to start the game over again until I realized that the "save state" and "load state" works as a semi-safeguard. I tested this myself personally. I am a scientist afterall (CHE).

One of my favorite cheats is making all items in pokemarts $1. Make sure you use the right codes however, or else trouble will pursue, so don't forget the state method I mentoned. I CANT HELP THOSE WHO ALREADY CORRUPTED THEIR GAME SO YOU WILL HAVE TO DO WHAT I DID, REDO THE WHOLE GAME OVER AGAIN. SRY :(

Sorry if I make moderators upset with this post. If so let me know, but this method DOES WORK!!!!! :) (At least in Fire Red)

Thnx but i knew that stuff of load state and besides i just passed not to care about my deposit box

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I am not sure where to put suggestions such as "problems" that need to be fixed, but until someoone tells me where to put it I will put it in this fourm.

I have noticed three small problems as of now.

1. Pokemon trainer names are 1/trainer... but I saw this mentoned
2. the gym across the sea has bad tileset layout, somehow (unless I'm looking it at the wrong angle) part of the gym has been shifted by one square (right or left). A player can still go through and battle the gym leader ok though so this is not a big deal as of now.
3. You can't fly to Cherygrove city. Maybe you forgot to implement a "switch" or something.

P.S. I am using RPG Maker 2003 vocabulary since the game seems to correlate that program. I don't have a GREAT amount of experience with RPG though, but I know the simple vocabulary words. This "list" of vocabulary might help me and Zel (or anyone else working on the game) communicate better with each other because I believe he once mentoned RPG, not sure what version though. Let me know. I am using beta 5. (NOT the X version)

for your first one Zel did that on purpose to keep track of the players which involve the phone. He will make proper names later.
2. never noticed
3. There is not egnough flying spots in the game to add.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I began to play the game again and I should have mentoned, but the picture when you enter a building is completly different than what it should be. Such as when entering the radio tower, it shows a picture of a cave! Is this to be a placeholder for his own pics or is this a "glitch" or what.....

I just finished taking out Team Rocket in Radio Tower and they vanished as text continued to appear on the screen. Check to see what that is all about. Now that I think about it, in Sprout Tower, when you walk "up a staircase" you are actually walking through it and I know this because I ran through with my ruinning shoes and I made it to the next "tile" before teleporting. That is all I can think of as of now.

A guy in the Radio Tower on the left side of the 4th floor mentions about "a strange broadcast on the radio in the ruins" however, the "radio" does not exist in the game, only the Fire Red TV (paradox?)

The tiles in Clare's Gym look like the old Pokemon Gold tilesets. Also, Why am I swimming in the lava, under the boulders? WHEN I LEFT THE GYM TO HEAL MY POKEMON AND CAME BACK THE BOULDERS RESET THEMSELVES!!!!!

What is the "The Path will only be revealed only to DRAGON MASTERS." about? Is my destiny to become a Dragon Master?
I just got back home. WHAT IS A PIKACHU DOING IN MY BACKYARD!!!!! Can I catch it please? :S

I just entered Kanto and I am not in the right place on the map.

Just entered Tojo Falls. Where is the waterfall HM? I'll check ice cave once more (location on Waterfall HM in G/S/C)

I saw an item, it might be the HM, but I don't know how to get to it :(

I saw on another fourm that he had a dratini that knew the waterfall HM and that the HM does not actually exist. Now I need to know where to find this "special" dratini.
1-Alredy noticed, by me actually. Dark Cave has a image with offices, they have beeen mistakenly switched.

2-If u're talking about the kanto tower, it's supposed to be that way, amanda is beating the crap out of the rockets. The sprout tower thing is known from the beggining.

3-I noticed it some time ago. It was simply a thing zel overlooked in the middle of the herculian work. I figure he's taking th etext directly from the original gold,, as he states the he hacks as he is advancing in the original gold.

4-Natural.

5-Part of the future plot. And try talking to pika with a space in your team.

6-To be fixed, know from the beggining.

7-Waterfall IS in the ice cave, look better, have in mind that it has been redisigned and is now much more difficult than in the original gold. And sorry, you were fooled by the dratini one.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
I love this idea! My problem is I can't seem to save my progress. In the beginning, it says the 1MB circuit board is not installed. And when I try to save, it gives me a save error and tells me to exchange the backup memory. So how do I do that? Is it a problem with the ROM?

I even tried saving a battery file with the VBA, and that didn't work either.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I love this idea! My problem is I can't seem to save my progress. In the beginning, it says the 1MB circuit board is not installed. And when I try to save, it gives me a save error and tells me to exchange the backup memory. So how do I do that? Is it a problem with the ROM?

I even tried saving a battery file with the VBA, and that didn't work either.
In VBA: Options>Emulator>Save>Flash 128k
should work

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2011
Music

I have some remixed music for your gold hack. If you would like to have it, I woul send it to you, but I don`t know how.

Years
I like your idea. Its better because you know Pikachu is there and the little history is very good, just a bit long.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
It's been a very long time since the release of the last beta.

So, is Zel even working on Beta 6, or better, the final version?

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
@gamingmaster: Zel has a job now, so he doesn't have a lot of time to work on the hack (only during weekends now IIRC). Beta 6 will be where the original Gold ended, which is the battle against RED in Mt Silver. Beta 7 will have a few mini islands and the rest of the legendaries. Then maybe a Beta 8 for certain fixes.

@Dougo007: You don't play Ash(RED) in this game. You play Gold, a totally different person. Although you do meet RED in Mt Silver and his mother in Pallet Town.
Pikachu is just one of the few hidden bonus pokemon in this game.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I think he only put Ash as the name example. Thats why it is sometimes in brackets, it doesn't matter about the name... Anyway, I don't think his idea will be in beta 6, and it might be in the final version, but I have been wrong before.

Back