• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeKhermia: The Flow of Mana [T] (OOC)

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
edited :p Yeah i didn't really try with the history xD had a bit of block where that was concerned but just got back into the flow of things, so I added a lil to see if it helps :P let me know if it's considered too gory though :P my apologises if it is considered, but not entirely sure what paces for it :P

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
All right, here is my SU! Let me know if there's anything to change! I'll do so when I wake up. Thanks :D

Name: Rion Mazer

Appearance: The first thing you could think of with Rion is downtrodden. He looks depressed a lot of the time, mostly when he's not sad at all. His face is not particularly expressive regardless, his smile trying its best to peek over the darkness. It actually looks pathetic. He has a small, fragile build, like a sixteen-year-old shrunk to the age of thirteen. It is almost as though his time had been frozen. Even with the logical idea that puberty could have just not struck him, he is sixteen and that is highly unlikely. His limbs are thin, almost that they could be snapped with a single rough grasp. There is no trace of baby fat, making him more angles and edges than anything else. Even his skin reflects depression and weakness, almost chalk-white. Over the years he's spent at the Academy his skin has darkened mildly, though people will still believe he is sick.

His hair is black and neatly combed. It runs around his head, covering his ears and curling at the edges of his face. One part of his hair is longer than the rest, covering his right eye. Or to be more accurate, his right eye socket and the long, fading scar running down it. His remaining eye is a frosty blue, cold like a glacier. Frequently it is curled into a closed smile. Most of his skin is bandaged or bruised. He is horribly clumsy and it shows.

His clothes are baggy on his person, even some of the smaller sized shirts nearly falling off if he isn't careful. His undershirt is pale blue and sleeveless, leaving his white robe to droop over his hands most of the time. There is fire embroidered on the right side of the thick fabric, which is only buttoned in the middle. It reaches down his body to cover over half of his legs. His trousers are grey, featureless and covering white stockings. He wears black shoes that look like they were simply the first thing they picked out. They were actually. Worn by walking, his clothes are torn as much by his own clumsiness as by multiple stitches.

Personality: Rion is one of those in-between young men. He's not the outgoing character you turn to in times of trouble. However he is not the weak sniffler in the corner. He's rather moe, if we need a word. He often seeks to brighten up a room, sometimes with a smile. He's worked very hard to become this way and thus, has a tiny bit of pride in himself. It isn't much, but it's something. Rion's voice is very soft and a small stutter leaves his lips on occasion, particularly around a new face. Earnest and humble, his cheeks are quick to turn pink and he can cover his face in embarrassment faster than an Attract. However, if someone is bothered and he sees it, he will try to make things less awkward, sometimes babbling to make himself awkward instead.

He works very hard, but is frequently disappointed in himself for his lack of or slow results. Rion can also be a little stubborn because of this. It took people a week to convince him to leave the bed when he recovered. Also, he enjoys sleeping as late as possible. He will sleep in class once in a while, just to try it and because sleep is a state he is very used to.

Rion is a klutz. He was a klutz before he lost his eye and he is a klutz now. his depth perception being even worse than before, he rarely, if ever throws a punch. He trips frequently over his own feet and the air and usually drops or breaks things without meaning to. Despite that, he can easily tell you where something or someone is if you give him a minute. He is a living divination tool.
Rion is still mildly shy, half-expecting mockery around the corner. He is still a kind-hearted child, naive in the way that says you don't need to get to know him for him to talk to you, but listening to him will make him very thankful. He also has next to zero battling skills. Even though he is capable of thinking of strategies for the battle, he simply can't get the knack of it. He is quite good at taking care of them instead. He's never taken care of someone else before, but he would like to, no matter how long it took to learn. Warning: he's still a little wary of being in close contact. He also has trouble in cold temperatures still and even if he visited home, would try to leave as soon as possible.

Rion has a paralyzing fear of Poison-types, specifically Crobat. The scar doesn't twinge except in bad weather, but at the very sight of that purple, he stills like a board and doesn't move for at least a few minutes. He would never be able to battle one or with one. He does have a soft spot for Fire and Flying types though. Get this boy a Charizard. He will do his best, and probably fall over doing it.

History: In a small village, walls were erected so long ago. It was in fear of the constant cold of the area, which could fell a man easily, especially at night. and be eaten by a wandering wild Pokemon. So they put up these and set a schedule, trying to make certain everyone was in their homes away from the cold at night.

This is the city Rion was born in, the youngest of four. He was born to the rote of clockwork; games in the day, home in the night. Simple to remember but not so simple for him to execute. Born with a learning disability in an era where they are hard to understand, he would frequently not be able to understand the cues of normal children and even struggled with his own parents, who weren't used to such difficulty with their other children. It brought inside him a deep-set sense of failure and discouraged his attempts to solve the more complicated problems that occurred. Eventually some of the other children began to mock him, physically and verbally, slowly giving him a fear of physical contact. It was a shame, as he had a talent of finding things since he was a toddler.

Eventually he stopped going outside at all, learning slowly in the quiet of his room. His siblings didn't care too much. They liked the fact that if whimsically, they felt like sitting in his room and talking, Rion would force himself to turn around and listen, even if he didn't understand everything that they were talking about or was able to respond appropriately. He didn't know it, but that taught him more about people than the doctors or books ever could.

At the age of ten, frightened by their youngest son's dismay of the outdoors, they gave him a Pokemon egg, that of a Rufflet. When it hatched, it was not entirely what they had hoped. A quiet, determined Pokemon, it guarded Rion wherever he went and against anyone deemed necessary, including the two of them. As Rion had no clue what to do about this, he ended up forced to release the Pokemon they gave him, two years after it had hatched. Confused, he went to do so.
However, things did not go as expected.

The two of them spend a nice, long last day together, wandering, though unknowingly, further and further away from the city and closer towards the dreaded forest outside. As day fell into night the temperature dropped gradually into deep cold. Suddenly, Rion became aware that he hadn't marked the path as he was taught and stood in the middle of a cold cave with his Pokemon, hopelessly lost. So… not certain of what else to do, he walked onward, not knowing he was exactly where he should not be. Along the way, Pokemon attacked him, prompting Alan into many desperate battles with strong Pokemon he could not beat, a Crobat getting through to his human and wounding him horribly on the head with Cross Poison, taking out his right eye in the process. Eventually, now frightened out of the normally composed state, Rion grabbed his Pokemon and fled deeper into the chasm, not realizing how cold he was… or how tired…

Eventually they hid in a small cave, Alan flying once in a while to get them food or help his human to a frigid lake. The rest of the time was spent mostly in his trainer's arms, trying to keep them both alive. With the cold wood, the boy could build a fire. Unfortunately, he simply did not know how to do so. At some point, no matter how much the Rufflet's wings smacked him, he simply fell asleep, overtaken by the cold and the poison. Alan, desperate, flew to find help. Yet he too was tired....
Now whether by luck or coincidence, they were found by a wandering peddler, who was very aware of the laws in that little town. She hurried to carry them home. If the peddler had been any later, it would have been too late. The parents had almost given him up for eaten when she brought him there. She was no healer, but she did manage to keep him going until a real one came along. However, they couldn't heal him in the village, where the cold temperatures were unable to keep him awake for more than a few hours.and capable of recovering his circulation and fully removing the poison. So, with some reluctance, they sent him to the Al-Revis Academy,where there were Pokemon trained to do so.

It took more than a couple weeks for him to be able to move and a couple months to recover properly. Alan was always there to watch him, even though he had been set free per Rion's parents' request. Only when he was capable of moving fully from bed did the Rufflet leave, heading to parts unknown.

After this, Rion remained at the academy. His tuition was paid by testing and working in the tiny school. Here, of all places, he actually thrived, able to smile and speak and work with others. Pokemon were quite loved by him, yet he still never lost his fear of Poison types... or Crobat. Mostly Crobat. He has seen his family, if sparingly, over the years. He earnestly wants to do them proud and step away from that silent, cowering boy in the house all day. Sadly he still looks depressed. He's working on it. He only fails at battling ,a subject that never reached his interest until now. He managed to make a few friends, and even though it is difficult to act without both eyes, he is not ashamed of it.

Starter Pokemon:
Species: Flareon
Moves: Flamethrower, Sand Attack, Rain Dance, Shadow Ball
Pokemon Gender: Female

RP Sample: (From The Children Are Hunted)

Spoiler:

Years
Name: Lucas Dean

Appearance: Lucas has brown hair and stands at 5'4.Lucas dose not eat much so he is rather skinny.He usually wears a green tunic, black pants, white boots and a black hat.Lucas has pretty large ears.His eyes are quite small,and they are colored blue.His nose is like everyone else normal sized.Lucas has a scar on his left arm.

Personality: Lucas is rather friendly, if a new kid goes into the school and he is not treated well Lucas will be there to be his friend.He dose not like to fight much but if he is attacked first he will use all that he has to defend himself and others.He gets easily exited.Lucas hates big people, who are tall.He hates them because, he thinks they will take advantage of they're size and attack him.He dose not eat much,but he eats a lot when his grandmother cooks.He gets over exited a lot which make him sometimes a weird guy.

History: Lucas lost his father at the age of 6, he died in a house fire when trying to save people from the house.All Lucas has left of him is a good luck charm given to him to keep him lucky.But Lucas believes he is still out there alive.But others think that he thinks like that to be happy.His mother was sad like Lucas but she told him that in time everything will be okay.During the fire he got a large scar on his left arm.After that Lucas tried his best to become a hero like his father.So he joined the academy a few years later.In one of the years he begins to think that the fire was caused by a pokemon. His father had one Pokemon and that pokemon was Blaziken. So his goal is to one day capture a Blaziken and find his father.

Starter Pokemon:
Species: Flareon
Moves: Flamethrower, Sand-attack, Frustration, Sunny Day
Pokemon Gender: Male

RP sample (giving a bit of the story about when his father died):

It was a quiet night at first Lucas was sleeping while his father and mother were cleaning the house.But suddenly a bright light appeared.Lucas woke up and looked out the window.Lucas did not know what to do so he quickly went downstairs and said:
-Mom, Dad there is a bright light outside!
His father quickly looked and heard a scream, then he said:
-I'm going to see what it is stay inside and don't go out.
Lucas just looked at the wall and stayed there quietly.His mom asked:
-Lucas, are you hungry?
He replied:
-No.Is dad going to be home soon?
She did not say a word,just sat there.Then she said:
-Let's go it has been too long since he went out
It was cold,Lucas was shivering, as his mother saw that it was cold for him she took him in her hands and carried him .The light was getting closer and closer,brighter and brighter.Then they saw it,the fire.People were screaming,looking at the fire being afraid to go near it.But the people who lived at the house came out and Lucas' mom asked:
-Where is he,where is my husband.
They said:
-He came in and helped us get out then some of the fire got between us and we got separated he said to go on he would make it out.
But then the house collapsed.No one saw Lucas' father anywhere.When the fire ended no body was found and was presumed that it burned to ashes.But Lucas believed he is alive.
After that they came home and Lucas' mother said it will be okay.Then Lucas said:
-I am going to become like dad,a hero and i will find him one day.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
@Lokiepie - Yup, that's much better! Accepted!

@Fuyu - Klutzy characters!! <33 Very nice! Accepted!

@blaziken - I'm sorry, but it's still not quite substantial for this RP... =( Still declined for now.

I'll be posting the IC in about 1-2 days!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Awesome! Thanks! I'm seriously looking forward to watching Rion trip over everything... and get used by everyone.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Hey, this looks interesting...

Might have a go at signing up, not sure about the number of spaces... Leafeon is the only one not reserved, right? Not entirely used to it, or grass types at all, for that matter, but I guess I could roll with it. Unless there can be more than one person choosing each starter? If not, it might be nice to have something telling us which ones are taken without having to scan all the posts :p

Anyway, how lenient is the thing with medieval-ish appearance? I'm not really sure what the criteria is, as you can see from my sig, that's the kind of thing I'd be going with... not sure if that's alright.
Any-who, I've kind of got stuff ready-ish, it's just I've signed up to a couple of RPs, but they seem to be a little inactive, dying, or dead, so no RP sample, really... This one's just about to start, soo... yeah, figured if I am accepted then something'd happen.
In conclusion; looks good, just give me the green light or something :)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
This seems to be taking a little longer than I expected. If it takes until the end of this week, I'm afraid I'll have to pull out.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Okay, sorry for double posting, but I've decided to drop out of this roleplay because it's taking way too long for the IC to come up.

Back