• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum OOC

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Red: I used "Western" because that's what we call it today, not knowing what they'd call it in Arcanum. I was thinking of calling it "Eastern" because it's in Eastern Arcanum where it's more industrialized, but then that might conflict with what we see as being Eastern, and I was totally going to write a note on that but I forgot. But I'll go change it to foreign, correctness for the win C:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Edit: Swan and I switched. :D But it's finished so I reposted the whole thing.

[ Name ]
Ethan "Kumiho" Marx (He responds to either.)

[ Age ]

[ Gender ]
Male

-[ Guardian ]
Reshiram

[ Starter ]
Umbreon, Blackie Male, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Psychic

[Appearance ]

Ethan is about five foot three and not very heavy. He does not monitor himself particularly well, barring to make sure he's healthy. His skin is the color of wet sand, mostly due to his frequent wanderings outside. Ethan is not strong but is instead rather agile. He doesn't fight often and prefers to run or walk, reminding some of an annoying gnat. Kumiho has hair as black as pitch barring the ends which are silver, his natural hair color. His eyes are black and it is hard to distinguish the pupil from a distance. There is a constant, lip only, humorless smile on his face.

Ethan's clothes are quite plain. His shirt is black and long, sleeves almost covering his wrists. He wears a pair of grey jeans and white socks. It hides some of the marks on his skin where he got hurt trying to observe and investigate. He once got comments about being an abuse victim. He doesn't deny or agree with them. It isn't as though it hinders him in any way. All is for the sake of investigation. His right wrist bears the mark.

What scares people are the Umbreon ears on his head and tail poking out of his pants. He is not an Umbreon as the appendages are fake. However, they are very realistic, the blue bands on them disappearing and reappearing. They also twitch and react to sound. According to his uncle, they even feel like fur. He would know, since he made them. On Kumiho's forehead is a blue circle. He is meant to look as close to an Umbreon as possible. Does it work?

[ Personality ]

Ethan is an oddball. Being raised by a traditionalist family could do that to you. He's quiet, not in the I want to kill you way but in an observant, calm way. He's incredibly intelligent, frequently able to solve puzzles and problems with ease. Ethan outwardly shows a face a contentment, able to control his expression very well. "A true warrior smiles at death," is one of the statements his father passed to him and he adheres to it even in sorrow. (You know, when he should cry and what not.) He does not, following his father's wishes even as the man rots in his grave. Emotions do not always need to be shown in order to be grasped is the way he lives despite the pressure around him. This does not mean he is not emotional; he simply suppresses it, even though one day it could come crashing onto him.

This boy enjoys disguising himself, playing tricks on others and twisting them for no reason other than to observe the changes in emotional reactions over time. No act from him is done without an urge to observe. Even the mundane acts keep him occupied, helping him to confirm the idea of routine. Ethan enjoys observing anything and everything and when others are around will frequently tell them what he has found, simply to await the cycle that will inevitably come from the endeavor. His tone varies depending on who and what he is speaking of but most of the time remains toneless. Nothing he does is impulsive. Well, almost nothing.

He is completely unaware of the idea of good and evil in a general state. Every person is judged individually in his mind. So he is unaware of the general idea that his words and actions could hurt another. He has a dim idea of physical and mental pain but the idea simply never occurs to his young sheltered mind. He does not believe he is better or worse than anyone else and secretly finds the idea of the pecking order completely ludicrous, as no matter your status, a Pokemon could kill you and that would be the end of it.

To him Pokemon are fellow living beings and interesting subjects. However he does not adore them over humans. They are his fellow creatures. Despite his ability to comprehend them better, there is no totem pole. Due to his understanding of them, he has become a very pragmatic individual, more than he already was. They have yet to teach him kindness and understanding on a personal level however, which leads to trouble. It is the same with change. Whether it's physical or not, that is the most difficult puzzle, and one Ethan always enjoys.

There is only one thing that can cause a physical display of emotion from Ethan and that is the topic and existence of his sister Elena. His sister is a conundrum in his mind, causing feelings such as anger, affection, and protectiveness to rise up within him. He does not understand why this occurs. The two haven't seen each other in many years after her. He is going on this journey to find her and solve this puzzle. It has not occurred to him as of yet that he is merely worried about his slightly younger sibling or that he misses her greatly.

[ History ]

The Marx family of Januvale has always kept their beliefs old-fashioned... or their crazed idea of old-fashioned. The main (there are many more) religious belief of his family is that whenever their children are born with silver hair they contain the spirit of a Pokemon within and will lead the family to incredible prosperity. So far, the latter has held true. Not so much the former but that is only because it cannot be physically proven. When it comes to technology nobody seems to discuss the topic, despite using it. As for battling and earning pins, they were well-known, rather dangerous if truth be told. Even if they weren't, the Marx were well known in their prowess in the medical field so to speak, despite the old ways followed.

Ethan was born to this family on the night of the full moon, which to them signaled a sign as it was a blue moon (Astronomically). His hair was silver and he was very quiet not long after. Believing he was a blessed child of the night, they assumed he would show a preference to a Dark-type spirit and brought many forward to see which one was linked to him. Most of the ones brought to him caused little reaction more than the simple affection given to children. His parents (sane people) believed this tradition was completely ridiculous and impossible. Even the father, whose grandfather had been given that of a Kingdra (Horsea at the time), was in definite doubt.

However, they were "proved" wrong when Ethan's uncle came for a casual visit and his Umbreon chose to behave quite unlike itself and took the baby to hide in the forest. They did manage to find him but the Dark-type was quite protective of him. It took a few minutes to calm the Pokemon down. This was all the proof the other family members needed however and they took the baby to dye his hair the proper color, leaving the ends as their original color, so he never forgot his roots as he aged. His parents wanted to protest but doing so would leave them out on the streets.

Two years later Ethan's sister was born in the summertime with silver hair of her own. She was "bonded" to a Cyndaquil. It didn't affect Ethan that much as he was mostly with his father. He was also raised strictly both in routine and lessons. His father made sure his son was observant, a boy who would search for the real truth as he was born to, not simply the one that appeared to the biased eye. They were kept apart until his sister was four and he six. By that time, Ethan had started school and was outcasted quickly, not that it particularly bothered him. At the time, people were too uninteresting anyway.

It was quickly understood how opposite the two of them were. Elena was bright and outgoing, entrancing and exciting humans and Pokemon alike. Ethan was someone who could (If he felt like it) calm others and usually sat off to the side in events. Despite this opposition, the two got along. Ethan was the only one who could make her stop crying. When she started classes, Ethan grew curious, wondering why people noticed her so much. He decided to find out.

Before he could however, his sister disappeared when he turned nine. Well not really. His mother had had enough of the Marx family and divorced, taking her with. He had never heard from them since. His father, who had been ill for quite some time as it was, died a year after, leaving his son at the mercy of the older family members. Thankfully, his uncle came to live with them and managed to keep him free for the next few years. Ethan, having little else to do, continued to try and solve the puzzle that was human beings. As he says, he's still missing a few puzzle pieces. Due to his frequent comments and endless smile, he was soon called Kumiho, a dangerous moniker. Things passed in such a way, coupled with an unusual desire to leave his home. Much longer and he would be a puppet and that did not sound very interesting. Of course, his idea was pushed further when the dream came to him.

[ Sample text ]

When the Chatot shouted about fire, it was a warning to the baker. Ethan ascertained this after a day of watching from the trees with Tono, the Zorua who follows him around. It wasn't his but one of the family's many Pokemon with a like of stalking things, particularly him. Tono yipped at him, a noise that Kumiho took to mean to watch. The Pokemon did not have to bother. He knew what to do. He climbed down and walked casually into the market. He stopped at the stall, pretending to examine the wares in front of him. Hm... a Pinap tart.

"Ah hello little Kumiho." The man recognized him immediately and smiled cordially. However, Ethan quickly saw his gaze was wary. Perhaps he had a reputation. The fake ears twitched on his own head and Kumiho tinted his grin with an innocent touch. It was time to find out.

"Good noon," he returned before continuing smoothly. "Observation: extraordinary events give way to rumors and brief attention compared to those of ordinary events, which get more notice in an abnormal setting. Evidence: Baker is wary of a boy who has never been to his stall. Observation is applicable to the human race and has not been exhibited by Pokemon as of now. Conclusion unreachable."

The baker stared for a moment before laughing heavily. Kumiho smiled brightly. Observation: humans laugh to hide the rage and confusion. It is mostly done to children. "Ah looks like you have good ears after all! Don't worry, people just call you a strange lad. It's nothing to worry about."

"I'm sure it isn't." Ethan agreed. He could feel someone behind him.

"Now then, what would you like to buy?" The baker, a large man, grinned down at him. "I can tell you're hungry."

"Two Pinap tarts please." He paid and left, tossing one up into the air. Tono ran up and caught it, grinning playfully. Ethan walked onward until he reached the waterfront. "Are you going to speak up sir Joresh?" he asked.

The man was quiet for a few moments, as if thinking. "You felt your tail move correct?"

"Observation: Extraordinary events are met with attention. Case in point: Joresh Ja is the strongest trainer in Januvale. He is a withdrawn aloof man with a preference to Pokemon over humans. He is not known for his appearances in Januvale."

"... Well-informed aren't you?"

"Addition to profile: Joresh Ja has a sense of humor." He turned to look at the man behind him, Tono growling slightly with disdain. "Is there a reason you opted to speak to me?"

"You were about to swindle that man."

"Incorrect. Assumption invalid." He moved to rest his arms behind his head. "I would have paid him regard-" His arm was grabbed suddenly, Joresh staring into his black eyes. Kumiho did not let his expression waver. "Is something the matter?"

Joresh stared a moment before letting go. "You are going to follow me." Without waiting, the man turned sharply and disappeared down the road.

Ethan paused then almost laughed. "Impulsive decisions are risky." He went after him, curious to know what could provoke the reclusive human.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hm, I read the SU twice but I have a hard time getting a grip on your character, Fuyu. Also, I think he talks a bit annoyingly xD But it's ok :3 Unusual characters make things more interesting, as long as you are sure that you want to play as the character throughout a journey RP.

Fuyu is accepted.

Nice that Swan is making a female character, I was starting to think there would be only guys in the Reshiram group ;)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Probably a good thing that you can' grip him Red. I'm not sure I can. And he's supposed to speak annoyingly lol. He's my first real jerk character. I'll enjoy him. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I love it! As always, I love how you write, Shawn <3 I'm glad you made another funny character, because you're so good at it ^^ /is done with da compliments nao

The RP sample is a bit strange when Joresh appears. It makes it look like he knew about the mark on Lynn's wrist before he came there. He didn't. But if you can explain some other reason for him to be there, I'm ok with it ;)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Okay Rika I editted it -- Lynn decided to go on a stroll by herself, and, she bumped into him, and as she sat on the ground from the bump, the highest ranked trainer (I can't spell his name, pfft) turned around to see who bumped into him, and sees Lynn on the ground. As he saw her on the ground, he sees the mark on her wrist...that okay? :3

Well, there's lack of a reason why he would be strolling on the road anyway...haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Now it's good. Miss Doronjo, you are accepted~

I've reminded the ones who are left, to put up their SUs, but they haven't replied :x If they don't reply soon, I'll open up their spots.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Right so, I think Naku and I are going to be rivals...again, or at least I THINK he wants to~

You think? YOU THINK? OUTRAGEOUS! BLASPHOMY! MELODY SHALL DESTROY YOU!! xD
That's a big fat "of course!"

And now I'm not the only Zekrom person that has been accepted. Lol, that would be kinda funny if Miss Doronjo took the last Reshiram spot, making me the only Zekrom. :3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

You think? YOU THINK? OUTRAGEOUS! BLASPHOMY! MELODY SHALL DESTROY YOU!! xD
That's a big fat "of course!"

And now I'm not the only Zekrom person that has been accepted. Lol, that would be kinda funny if Miss Doronjo took the last Reshiram spot, making me the only Zekrom. :3

We've been over this -- my character will put yours in a hex~ :3

BUT WHICH ONE! Ohohoho~

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
We've been over this -- my character will put yours in a hex~ :3

BUT WHICH ONE! Ohohoho~
I care not for your hexadecimal system crazy Shawn-lady; I only care about luring you to your demise with the voice of a siren!

We're still waiting on . . . three people? I wants to start, naow! >:U

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Ugh, can't resist. I'll be reserving Espeon and Zekrom as Guardian. :) I'll have my SU up soon.

Also... I was just wondering, can our characters be like half Arcanians? I mean like, one parent is Arcanian and the other is a foreigner... I feel that that would kind of suit the character I have planned, but I'd be okay if the character has to be a pure Arcanian too :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Alright, DeepImpact, you are reserved.

That means SacredBeo gets Vaporeon :]

And since you won't be interacting in the first chapter, I guess I could post it already and let the accepted players start. Yeah. I'll do that :3 Check the IC thread soon if you want to start playing.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Alright, my sign-up is complete C: Looking forward to start this!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Uh any thoughts about my question? xD No rush though, the only thing it'll really affect is the Appearance, and few things in my History and Personality, which I still have to work on. I'm still just halfway through the Appearance now. :D I just feel that the small detail... will make my character a bit more believable, I guess. :S

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, sorry DeepImpact :] No, I want you to be full Arcanian actually... because Reshiram and Zekrom probably wouldn't trust someone who wasn't.

I'll read your SU now, Swan :]

Edit: It's fine, you are accepted. Only thing was that the mark on your wrist should be black and white, but it does seem a bit more realistic to have it appear as a burnt mark, so it's ok if you want to interpret it that way~

I'm completing the first chapter as we speak~

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@RHCP: Okay, thanks for the info. I edited the appearance a bit. :3 Still writing the SU. :P

DONE! :D

[ Name ]
Lucas 'Luke' Wright

[ Age ]

[ Gender ]
Male

[ Guardian ]
Zekrom

[ Starter ]
196.gif

Female; Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Psyshock (Egg Move)

[ Appearance ]
Being a more of a sheltered Arcanian, Lucas has slightly more fairer skin than other kids. His hair is jet black, something which he inherited from his father. Most of his features have actually been passed on from his father. His hair is usually unkempt, falling on his eyes. He likes to keep it that way, feeling it is fashionable. He has inherited his eyes from his mother, who is a Native Arcanian. He has beautiful deep blue eyes, like the color of the ocean. As for his whole build, he is tall, standing about 5'8". But while he is tall, he isn't one who one might call 'strong'. He thin, and his body looks as if it can't handle any kind of physical exertion, which is very true in Lucas's case. He looks as if his body might fall apart any moment, since he is actually pretty weak and his body is definitely not suitable for outdoor physical work.

As for his clothing, they usually comprise of really expensive clothes, usually what might make him look as a rebellious kid. Mostly, he sticks to dark colored clothes like black, dark blue or dark grey clothes. He has a set of favorite clothes though, which he usually wears all the time. His most often worn clothes are a black t-shirt with a burning skull on it, and a dark grey hoodie on top of that. As for bottoms, he wears dark blue jeans, cut around here and there, which are actually very expensive. All these clothes of his would probably cost about thousands of dollars, but Lucas just doesn't care, which also leads to his clothes being dirty most of the time.

As for other details, Lucas has lots of tattoos over his body. Some are on his arm, some on his legs. He also wears a small metal bracelet which had been given to him by his mother when he was a small boy. He is also very often seen wearing sunglasses, that make it impossible to see his eyes.

[ Personality ]
If Lucas was to be described in one word, that word would be bratty. Lucas is probably one of the biggest spoiled brats in Arcanum. Ever since he was a kid, he has always got what he wanted, leading him to develop a massive ego. He is arrogant too, to a certain extent. According to him, being rich is everything. He is one who wants the world to always go his way, no matter what. As a overall person, he isn't very likable. He is sarcastic, he likes to tease people and he loves to brag about everything he has. One good thing among that is that is that he is not very shy, he can walk up to anybody and start a conversation. But it's more likely that the one with whom he starts a conversation will end up walking away really annoyed. Even though most people avoid him and get annoyed by him, Lucas likes to talk to people. Sometimes, he gets really lonely being all alone at home, without any friends. Which is also why Lucas has a special bond with Pokemon, who are always ready to act as companions. He is one who is very quick to form bonds, but also quick to break them as well.

As an Arcanian citizen during conflicting times, Lucas is one who supports newer traditions. He strongly believes in adapting with the times, and that Arcanum should keep on moving with the changing technology and cultures. His mother though, believes in the more traditional living, which Lucas strongly opposes by being the way he is. Wearing modern clothes, getting modern gadgets and getting tattoos. He likes to act as a rebel all the time, oppose his mother and traditional citizens of the region. Going through his early teenage years also make him go through drastic mood swings. Sometimes he will be sad, and the next moment, angry or happy. Living with his mother all of the time, and spending less time with his father has made him feel more attached to his mother than his father, who is almost always away for work. But, he does want to achieve the same level of success as his father.

As a rebellious kid, he wants to go on a Pokemon journey but his mother wouldn't allow it. He is a bit overconfident and feels that he can easily survive on the journey and it'll be a piece of cake, but he doesn't really realize the hardships of being a trainer. As a trainer, his dream is to explore the region of Arcanum, and prove to his mother that he can survive on his own. Lucas is also pretty creative, he likes to write poems in his free time and write stories. One of his good part is that he is an extremely determined guy. If he wants something, he will never give up. He will keep on trying again and again to get it, and will do everything in his ability to achieve his goals. One of his recent goals is to help Zekrom, whom he saw in his dream. He absolutely hates evil in this world. Another good part of him is that he always respects people whom he likes. He will not insult them, or fight with them, but he will treat them with respect. One of the examples of such a person is his father.

As for likes, Lucas likes music and gadgets. He always has loved them. He also loves expensive stuff. Oh, and TV shows. His favorite kind of Pokemon are the 'normal' colored ones, according to the foreigners. His father has a whole collection of those Pokemon.

[ History ]
Lucas was born in Decemark City, the biggest city in Arcanum. His father was a successful businessman, and his mother a successful artist. Both of them were very rich, and very happy to have a beautiful baby boy, who had inherited the father's handsome looks and the mother's beautiful eyes. The couple, along with their new baby boy and Butler lived in Decemark City, in a house located near the center of the city. They lived there with Lucas for about 7 years. His mother stayed at home almost all the time, looking after the young boy who was slowly developing into a young man. Living in the biggest city had it's effect on Lucas. As he grew up, he became more and more demanding, asking for more things and soon it became almost impossible for his mother and father to keep track of the child's ever growing demands. Till 7, Lucas attended one of the biggest schools of Arcanum. During his time there, he was very happy. He was with rich people of his kind, all of his friends.

Seeing the changes taking in their only child, the couple decided to shift to someplace calmer and quieter than the big city, someplace that would not spoil the kid any further. So, they decided to leave for Januvale, where they had a huge mansion built near the outskirts of the small town. So for the next whole year, Lucas went to the local school in Januvale. Both his parents could see that he was having a really hard time adapting to these new surroundings, and he was constantly teased for being the rich boy and stuff which Lucas didn't really like. So, his parents decided to homeschool him instead, and Lucas spent the next few years being taught at home.

At the same time though, he started to grow more and more rebellious. He didn't approve of the traditional ways of his parents, so he started to fight against them by changing his wardrobe and his whole way of life. He started to depend more on electronic equipment, he made friends who were all foreigners. He started to get tattoos done, and slowly started to lose all interest in his studies. He demanded to leave on a Pokemon journey, which was turned down by his mother. He tried to protest, but to no avail. He was stuck in Januvale for some time now. Until he had the dream, of course.

[ Sample text ]
Lucas switched off the television set in his room after the show had ended. He sighed after doing so; he had just finished watching his favorite show, but something in his mind just didn't seem right. The dream from 2 days ago was still bothering him insanely, it was directing all his concentration towards it, as if it was a bug in his brain, sapping the blood outta him.

"Gaah!" He cried, as he smashed a fist on the table. The Dream was stupid. How could he protect Zekrom? His mother didn't even allow him to leave the house for 20 minutes nowadays. It all seemed... so outlandish to him. He shrugged, he needed to get his mind off of these trivial matters. But... it had just felt so realistic to him. It was all almost unreal.

"Gosh... I need to get some fresh air." Lucas thought, raising an eyebrow. He took off the fur blankets off him and got off his soft bed. He took a look at himself in the full body mirror, and smiled. "Lookin' good there." He said, winking to himself. He then proceeded to leave his room, and walk downstairs. He headed straight for the kitchen, as he took out a sandwich from the refrigerator which his Butler had prepared for him. A thought came to his head when he remembered about his Butler.

"Ohhh, yeah, I guess I could annoy him for a while." Lucas said to himself. He walked out of the kitchen, and stood about 2 feet away from the entrance of his house. The door was closed, of course, and his mother was in the other room when he called out loudly, "Ohhhhhh Jeeeeenkiiiiiins!" in a voice so annoying it could drive a Alakazam mad. In a few minutes, a man dressed smartly in black was beside Lucas, having a slightly annoyed expression on his face. Jenkins was not his real name, just a name Lucas had kept for him to annoy him.

"Yes, Master Luke?" He said, in a polite tone. It was a fake tone, and if he wasn't being paid no much he probably would have slapped Lucas on the face about thrice now. Lucas looked at him with a very smug smile, and said, "Um, would you mind opening the door for me?" The Butler looked at him wide-eyed, then at the door just 2 feet in front of him. He simply sighed, as he walked towards the door and pressed the handle with an irritated expression.

Lucas tutted. "Ah, Ah, Ah, Jenkins. You should show some happiness when you're working! Come on, smile while you're opening the door!" Butler looked at him with such a murderous look, it scared Lucas for a moment, but he calmed down as Butler opened the door with a smile as polite as he could manage in this situation. Lucas walked out very slowly, making Butler stand there for a while, holding the door. He smiled to himself as he walked out into the open. At least he had managed to get his mind off that dream.

He messed about with the Pokemon in his garden for a while, then he took off for a short walk. His doctor had suggested he exercise to stay fit, but he had been lagging behind a bit in that department. As he walked down, he noticed the top ranking trainer in this town. What was his name now...? Joseph? Joshua? ...Joresh? Yeah, that was right. It was Joresh. He cried out, "Hey, Jo!" and the trainer stopped abruptly in his path.

He turned around to face Lucas, and looked at him closely. Lucas ignored his gaze, and said, smirking, "Sooo, Jo, what's up?" Joresh looked at him with an irritated expression, he was not the first, and said, "What do you want?"

Lucas simply waved his hand, and said, "Oh nothing, just wanted to-" But he was cut off by the trainer, who had grabbed his hand. He was staring at the weird Yin Yang mark on his hand, and looked at it with a... Lucas couldn't describe it. Dangerous look? Curious look? Astonished look? Surprised look? It was probably just a mix of them all, as Joresh looked into Lucas's eyes and said, "Come with me, quickly."

"Whoa, whoa who-" Lucas started, but he was dragged off by Joresh, who didn't even want to listen to Lucas. "What the hell Jo?! You kidnapping me or what?!" Lucas cried, trying to tug himself away from the iron grip of the trainer. Joresh didn't reply, and simply walked on, and Lucas sighed. He had no choice but to follow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
And the first chapter is posted. Feel free to begin, if you are accepted already.

Back