• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm okay with older gym leaders returning as long as they're from Unova. :3

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... speaking of Unova Gym Leaders, I'd like to see Marlon and Roxie return to Pokémon X and Y. And maybe even the Unova Champion Iris might also make an appearence in the new region, it would be interesting to see some characters from Unova returning. :3

Guy

just a guy
Years
If Fantina makes a cameo appearance, could that mean that Contests might return? Since, Fantina does associate with contests!
This is what I'm hoping for, personally. The way I see it, it's said that she first got into contests when she came to Sinnoh. So it would be cool if this new region has finally brought their own special Pokémon Contests into Fantina's home country, and she's returned to participate in them.

And we may not be able to battle her, but instead compete in contests with her like in DPPt.

Years
Doesn't Fantina speak English in the original Japanese games? I think she was only made French when the games were localized because in the English version you can't have someone be foreign-sounding if they speak the same language.

She might still appear for other reasons though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'm not really a huge fan of Fantina, but I wouldn't mind other past characters appearing.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Doesn't Fantina speak English in the original Japanese games? I think she was only made French when the games were localized because in the English version you can't have someone be foreign-sounding if they speak the same language.

She might still appear for other reasons though.

Oh you're right, she does speak english instead in the Japanese and French versions.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh you're right, she does speak english instead in the Japanese and French versions.

Let's say the region is based on Europe in general, and we just know she's from this region, not her home town. Then the Japanese and French players can assume she comes from the town that will be based off England. Problem solved!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
All I keep thinking is how much harder going through caves might be... More chances for Zubat encounters...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
True that, I'm just excited about the change in point of view. It will make things very different, I'm guessing. Will we have a compass-like device? A lot of RPGs have them, and considering the changes in these games, I wouldn't be surprised if we had something similar.

vaporeon7

Years
True that, I'm just excited about the change in point of view. It will make things very different, I'm guessing. Will we have a compass-like device? A lot of RPGs have them, and considering the changes in these games, I wouldn't be surprised if we had something similar.

A compass will probably be built into the gadget we receive. We always have Repels at least.

blue

gucci
Years
I hope that they have two rivals who each take the other two starting Pokemon similarly to Black & White. I prefer having two rivals, the teams can become more diverse between them.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
The release date is perfect. My birthdays in October so last year i got black 2 for my birthday and I'll probably get X or Y for my b'day. But i want Y. I mean come on how awesome is Yveltal.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Bianca and Cheren didn't really get a good or diverse team till the end of BW though. I hope they don't give the rival(s) generic Pokemon like the generic bird or rodent or something everyone gets. It got boring, really.

vaporeon7

Years
Bianca and Cheren didn't really get a good or diverse team till the end of BW though. I hope they don't give the rival(s) generic Pokemon like the generic bird or rodent or something everyone gets. It got boring, really.

I agree. It annoyed me in Black and White how the rivals all used generic Pokémon and those annoying elemental monkeys. I disdain them so much...

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Bleh, the elemental monkeys were like pseudo-starters and I always felt cheap picking one of them up to help me against the first Gym. I seriously hope Gen VI stops handholding us like Gen V did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back