• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you give back Shuckie and Kenya?

cxd

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
I gave Shuckie back, without really meaning to. I went back to Cianwood to show the guy that I still had Shuckie, expecting that he would say I could keep it like he did in Gold. Instead, he took it back, which was a little disappointing.

They didn't change anything, you can keep him in all five games, but it needs to have high friendship.
___
I just wanted to give Shuckie back in HG, but then I realised I didn't even have it (I've got it in gen II, but not in IV) xD I know you're supposed to return it when you beat your rival at Mt. Moon, but he still gave it to me after that. So I think I can't give it back :(

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
I had no idea you could give Shuckie back xD
I always give Kenya back though, the guilt is too much!

Years
I remember holding on to Shuckie for a while, but returned him since I don't like using nicknames on my team.

Haven't used Kenya though, so no comment there.

Yiazmat

going ham since 93'
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 6, 2013
I bred Shuckie then gave back, felt bad keeping it I guess.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I kept Shuckie because I boxed it and forgot about it, but I gave Kenya back because I had my own Spearow. Shuckie might be on its way out too since I don't like having Pokemon that other people have nicknamed.

Years
i usually just leave them in my PC boxes,they help increasing the chance you win a lottery in Goldenrod,especially if you have nobody to trade with(not me tough). I wish Shuckle would keep the Berry Juice and Rare Candy generating mechanic from Gen 2 because that would have made at least one of them actually useful lol

Back