• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

the girls aren't much better

b001.gif
b006.gif
b012.gif

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Yeah. Shame they couldn't really come up with more diverse back poses for the trainers but I guess it makes since as they're all about to throw a Pokeball out.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

One thing that REALLY irks me is how RADICALLY different hair colors are in overworld sprites as opposed to their in-game battle sprite

Look at Silver

Spr_HGSS_Silver.png
HGSS_Silver_Back.png
Silver_OD.png

dark red orange almost pink

I mean, his BETA Sprite looks closer to his back sprite:
Spr_HGSS_Silver_Beta.png

Misty's hair is orange in her overworld, but looks closer to brown in her trainer sprite

Whitney goes from Pink to maroonish, etc

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

That is pretty irksome. :V You'd think they'd keep a list of colours they use. :B

What is also irksome is that I cannot draw Chrom's feet. BT

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

So someone posted this on memecrazy.
Spoiler:

Now, some people may consider this romantic, but when I see this I think "There's no way the next page is E rated". Actually, I don't think anyone can consider this romantic, this is the exact plot for a [This message was censored by the FCC]

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Whether they're good together or not isn't really what I'm getting at when I say it's not romantic. I'm preeeetty sure those pics wouldn't go on to be E-rated. Heck the first one especially seems like a plot for [Dammit, machomuu! Stop making us work harder than we have to!] Unless you consider that sort of thing romantic.

Though my problem with shipping is that those who make them generally abandon the characters' personalities or warp them to a degree where they're almost unrecognizable, like Luffy in the first pic, and this happens a LOT when fans make shipping content.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Though my problem with shipping is that those who make them generally abandon the characters' personalities or warp them to a degree where they're almost unrecognizable, like Luffy in the first pic, and this happens a LOT when fans make shipping content.

That's also my biggest problem with shipping. I mean, I don't want to sound like a hypocrite, as I'm also a shipper, but I firmly believe in keeping the characters IN character. What's the point of shipping canon characters if they don't act like themselves? You might as well create an entirely new character that looks like the canon one, but acts the way you want them to. It's what irks me the most in a lot of the fanart I get in my dA inbox regarding CCxOC ships (to which the previous sentence applies even more). Stoic, distant characters do not become lovy dovy-mushy mushy all of a sudden. :B Enfin, that's what I think and that's what I keep in mind when I draw my fanon OTP.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

and that is why I like to read erotic Naruto fanfiction

Er, I mean, read completely G-rated Naruto fanfition

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

With stoic and distant characters there had to be a lot of character development in order to get them more into a shipping and even then there is always a degree that you have to keep in order to keep them IC. At least, that is what I had learned through roleplaying; I'm not sure something of the sort can be achieved through a fanfic as in roleplay it takes years of development for some characters (for example, the person in my theme would take several years to even care enough about things to even consider anything else. And even then he is still going to be distant to a degree because that is how he was and just is. He's not going to suddenly become like another version of him who's very friendly and naive).

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
That's exactly right. I don't know that much of Sync besides what is told in the anime, but I can easily think of another example: Kanda Yu (DGM). Those that know a little of his personality, know that he keeps his distance, hates a lot, likes it when you leave him alone, and is angry 99% of the time when in company. And thoughe prides himself in being one of the strongest exorcists of the Order (with right and reason), he also has that side where he respects those that deserve it (his mentor, Marie (who's one of his closest friends), Allen, Komui, Lenalee, "Lavi").

It takes a while to get through Kanda. First of all, there's his emotional barrier and second SPOILER HERE.
What I mean to say, is for Kanda to fall in love (he's more than capable of it, he's got a big heart inside his armour) a)you need to give him time, let him grow closer to his love-interest, b) accept that [see spoiler], scars heal slowly, c)not annoy the heck out of him, d) not compete with him, e) I'm quoting Hoshino concerning that person on this one:x

So yeah, keeping that in mind, I get a headache from people who put him with an Allen/Lavi-like character. Kanda's got a short fuse and is emotionally quite unstable. Give him a solid rock to depend on. :V

And yes, I probably thought way too much about this. |D; RP'ing is a good way of doing that.
What I probably want to say, though, is that character analysis is important if you want to make things work.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

I used to. I even started a few of mine (Legend of Zelda one and a Fire Emblem one). I still have map of the world we created. |D And several sketches of the characters we created for the story. But then they all died and now I don't do anything. 8D The only RPing I do is on msn skype.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

My roleplays aren't meant for family-friendly forums >w>

that, or I'm under-descriptive and boring |3

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023