• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2015
Definitely all for Marvel here. Marvel never ceases to amaze me.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
A while back I became a fan of the Persona series.

So someone make a Persona RP with Pokemon elements in it.

Or not.

Do whatever you want to.
Ooh, I think that's been discussed upon but never actually gone ahead. I'd be interested how you'd pull a plot together as Persona has very delicate and strange but good plots. You'd need to try and rival that. ;D

Years
Well just figured I'd let you guys know that the RP that I have been working on is a Darker than Black RP. I can't give up too much information just yet because I have to confirm some things with my co-GM for the RP, but I figure it can't hurt to see what everyone thinks.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well just figured I'd let you guys know that the RP that I have been working on is a Darker than Black RP. I can't give up too much information just yet because I have to confirm some things with my co-GM for the RP, but I figure it can't hurt to see what everyone thinks.

Aha . . . ahaha . . . AHAHAHAHAHA. Yeeeeah. Darker Than Black.
What're you going to call it? d:
I briefly discussed a Darker Than Black roleplay with MichaelaTheUchiha, but she hasn't had access to PC in a while. . . .

Now I've lost it
I know I can kill
The truth exists
BEYOND THE GATES.

Good luck with that. I'm not exactly sure what you would do for story? There's always some sort of Contractor feud, but what about the gates? They're both gone. (Unless something happened during season 2, which I did not watch. Heard it was horrible, lol.)

And, as for the other topic: I personally don't see the point in choosing either DC or Marvel. Choose 'em both. They were made by the same people, after all. DC is a bit older, but that's about it. It's perfectly possible to find things to like in each universe.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
My two cents:
-I much prefer original worlds, but only if they are well written and fleshed out, and especially interesting. They give the creator much more freedom with their options, too.
-I love both Marvel and DC, but I prefer DC. Batman has some very well written stories, but does Sandman (Niel Gaiman) count as DC too? Also I am overall more familiar with the universe than with Marvel.
-A Persona RP would be very hard to do, but if someone can pull it off I would shed tears of joy at its existence then join immediately.
-I remember I started watching Darker than Black a while back and I enjoyed the first couple of episodes, but then life punched me in the face and I stopped watching it. I should probably pick it up again.

Last edited:

Aquali Umiko

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2015
-sticks head back in-

Oh, and just to let everyone know this is ohHeyVaporeon.

I wanted to go a different route, and without their being name changes anymore, I decided the best route I could take would be to make a new account.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I really don't have the time to dedicate to creating and GMing a roleplay right now... so I'm trying very hard to resist my own temptations. But I'd like feedback on an idea regardless.

I was thinking of a RP set vaguely in the Marvel Universe where people play a new class of X-Men. The setting is great for a RP - the mansion, the grounds, the danger room, already have a freaking jet to get to places. The structure is waiting to be used. Although the RP would be in the Marvel Universe, existing Marvel characters will be used sparingly. More like cameo's than active participants - after all, the heavy hitters are too busy to come say hi to the five thousandth class of X-Kiddies.

Villains would be unique and new creations - I have an entire Rogues Gallery in my back pocket ready to go. We would be building our own mythology and recurring villains. I would take feedback from the participants regarding what they wanted to see next (for example, plot A) Danger Room troubles B) Anti-Mutant Extremists C) Mutant Supremacists D) Mystery Option), with the options changing each time a new plot arose. This would be a long term RP with no specific endgame in mind - we want to see our characters travel from awkward new mutants to full fledged X-Men.

We would use the Marvel Mythology as and when needed. Iron Man exists, so maybe a villain steals a suit? Perhaps our team is sent to help keep down riots after a Hulk rampage? Every few plots or so (this would probably work out at once a year) our team gets to go up against an existing Marvel villain, or train with someone like Wolverine. The time setting for this would be quite vague, so that we're not restricted on what we can do. I'd be open to Marvel or Ultimate Marvel.

This way we would be exploring the RP, and more importantly setting, the way these new X-Men would as if it was a new comic. Developing our own rivalries and relationships, our own villains and objects of interest.

Anyway, that's what I was thinking of. Would people prefer something more... Marvel-y? Fighting Dr. Doom and the like regularly? Feedback is incredibly appreciated. Nothing happens without feedback.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
I really don't have the time to dedicate to creating and GMing a roleplay right now... so I'm trying very hard to resist my own temptations. But I'd like feedback on an idea regardless.

I was thinking of a RP set vaguely in the Marvel Universe where people play a new class of X-Men. The setting is great for a RP - the mansion, the grounds, the danger room, already have a freaking jet to get to places. The structure is waiting to be used. Although the RP would be in the Marvel Universe, existing Marvel characters will be used sparingly. More like cameo's than active participants - after all, the heavy hitters are too busy to come say hi to the five thousandth class of X-Kiddies.

Villains would be unique and new creations - I have an entire Rogues Gallery in my back pocket ready to go. We would be building our own mythology and recurring villains. I would take feedback from the participants regarding what they wanted to see next (for example, plot A) Danger Room troubles B) Anti-Mutant Extremists C) Mutant Supremacists D) Mystery Option), with the options changing each time a new plot arose. This would be a long term RP with no specific endgame in mind - we want to see our characters travel from awkward new mutants to full fledged X-Men.

We would use the Marvel Mythology as and when needed. Iron Man exists, so maybe a villain steals a suit? Perhaps our team is sent to help keep down riots after a Hulk rampage? Every few plots or so (this would probably work out at once a year) our team gets to go up against an existing Marvel villain, or train with someone like Wolverine. The time setting for this would be quite vague, so that we're not restricted on what we can do. I'd be open to Marvel or Ultimate Marvel.

This way we would be exploring the RP, and more importantly setting, the way these new X-Men would as if it was a new comic. Developing our own rivalries and relationships, our own villains and objects of interest.

Anyway, that's what I was thinking of. Would people prefer something more... Marvel-y? Fighting Dr. Doom and the like regularly? Feedback is incredibly appreciated. Nothing happens without feedback.

Yeah! I like this idea very much even though I like DC more than Marvel.

And yes please bring Marvel characters outside of the X-men franchise! :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

If you can implement it well, I'd be very interested in this. Don't forget, try to be original. Make your villains something the roleplayers don't see coming. It's more fun that way. I always get a little bit sad when roleplayer give off all their plot too early. Keep your players on their toes!! It keeps them motivated and more likely to stay active.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
If you can implement it well, I'd be very interested in this. Don't forget, try to be original. Make your villains something the roleplayers don't see coming. It's more fun that way. I always get a little bit sad when roleplayer give off all their plot too early. Keep your players on their toes!! It keeps them motivated and more likely to stay active.

Aside from the obligatory use of Sentinels (come on, there HAS to be Sentinels at some point in an X-Men roleplay) I would try and keep the villains powers/personalities/plots etc. very individual and different from existing Marvel content. There would also be different ways to deal with different villains. Some could be talked down, some tricked, some even redeemed, while some just have to be knocked over the head.

I was also considering providing requirements for the team. I would limit the number of players, and possibly stating that ideally the team has, for example;

One heavy hitter/fighter.
One brainiac.
One blastery person
etc.
etc.

That way we could construct a team similair to the way most superhero teams are made up. Just a thought.

Years
@Naku and Geras - Well firstly the story is easy since it takes place in an alternative timeline (meaning the story of the anime is irrelevant and that both gates exist... although they actually have very little to do with the storyline of the RP). I don't want to give too much away before I even submit it but suffice to say I have thought it through and have a somewhat interesting plot planned out - as I said before I have to wait for my co-GM for the RP to go over some things with me anyway.

As for Marvel/DC - I have always preferred Marvel to DC really... I tend to feel that the story lines in Marvel are better than DC (with the exception of Batman) and that the universe in general mixes together better. The heroes in DC (again bar Batman) have always been to "super" and not enough human for my liking and the origin stories aren't really as interesting to me either (again bar batman).

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Wolf's Rain - Extinction!

BqpOOzp.png

Wolf's Rain - Extinction has been posted! I thought about it long and hard, and decided not to exclude the hunt for Paradise. Instead, it's an option, just as /everything/ will be in this RP. It will be completely sandbox with every character able to free roam. The ending will be decided entirely upon each and every player's actions during the RP.

I'm very excited to get this thing up and running.

Interested? Here's a sneak peak!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I've decided to go ahead with the X-Men roleplay, but I've been looking at a lot of other peoples opening/explanation posts for their roleplays. There's all sorts of funky banners, artwork etc. that I just don't know how to do. If anyone would be willing to help me with that so I can have a beautiful opening post then I'll gladly return the favour somehow, be it help designing your character for the roleplay or what have you. Thanks in advance!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I've decided to go ahead with the X-Men roleplay, but I've been looking at a lot of other peoples opening/explanation posts for their roleplays. There's all sorts of funky banners, artwork etc. that I just don't know how to do. If anyone would be willing to help me with that so I can have a beautiful opening post then I'll gladly return the favour somehow, be it help designing your character for the roleplay or what have you. Thanks in advance!

To be honest, fancy artwork and background .gif files are the least of your worries. For something nice looking, have a look at BB Coding such as
and

, which is really easy and can make the biggest difference. If you want some help, there are several users on the RP forum including the likes of myself, Skymin and Red who should be able to help you out.

Also, fully supporting you for the X-Men roleplay; big fan of Marvel myself. If you need any help, I still have some notes from when Atlantis Awakening was initially going to be an Alternate Version of the Marvel Civil War. Also, what arc are you going to set it in?

Aquali Umiko

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2015

I'm not much help when it comes to graphics and the what-not, but you can count me in on the roleplay. xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
To be honest, fancy artwork and background .gif files are the least of your worries. For something nice looking, have a look at BB Coding such as
and

, which is really easy and can make the biggest difference. If you want some help, there are several users on the RP forum including the likes of myself, Skymin and Red who should be able to help you out.

Also, fully supporting you for the X-Men roleplay; big fan of Marvel myself. If you need any help, I still have some notes from when Atlantis Awakening was initially going to be an Alternate Version of the Marvel Civil War. Also, what arc are you going to set it in?

Mainly I'm just looking to put a banner across the top and arrange things into nice sections. Nothing too fancy, but I'm unfamilair with forum coding.

Well, I'm being a bit weird and not setting it in an arc. I've gone for regular Marvel over Ultimate Marvel, as I think that for those who aren't too familair with Ultimate the differences will throw them off quite a bit. It's going to sort of be set in a generic Marvel, where everyone is in the role they're known best for, if that makes sense. The vast majority of characters will be alive and doing their thing, that way when we do involve the Marvel characters we're not limited. If the RP is successful and becomes well established I may start running us through the Marvel arcs and involving Marvel characters more, but I don't want to say which ones I'd start with just yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Mainly I'm just looking to put a banner across the top and arrange things into nice sections. Nothing too fancy, but I'm unfamilair with forum coding.

雷影 イチロ said:
If you want some help, there are several users on the RP forum including the likes of myself, Skymin and Red who should be able to help you out.
Synthet, if you throw me or one of the others a PM when you have finished the draft, we can show you how to put the simplest codings to good use and make a post look neat and organized. If you want~

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah, I'd be happy to help with any kind of visual design. I know my photoshop if I do say so myself and I can find my way around CSS coding.

Like red said, if you need any help, don't be afraid to ask. But, like Ichiro said, design should be the last of your worries. Make sure you plan effectively and create a great storyline before you even touch anything to do with design. I'm more worried about your plot before pretty colours in a first post.

But yay Marvel! I really need to get through Amazing Spider-Man a lot faster if I want to keep up with everything haha (up to #25, I really have a long way to go)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Not to worry Skymin, I have the plot planned out a long way in advance! It'll take a while to get to 'actual plot', as we'll be doing some character development and establishing the premise to start with, but when it starts it'll be something to see, hopefully! Some factors have been left loose at the moment, as I want to be able to respond to what sort of characters bring to the table, but all the frame work is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back