• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2011
Once in my Pokemon Silver, I found a shiny Kangaskon and I caught. I was just about to save it then the batteries went dead... I almost threw my GBC out of the window.

the skate board kid

#1 Weezer Fan
Years
Hey, Shuko, I like your Kirby dance. It owns. I want a Shiny Manamite realy bad. I haven't ran into it so far ive been hunting it.

EDIT: seriously, man!! I got mad when my friend messed my GB just when I caught one. Jesus I would of murdered that feakin GB.

Jerkyguy

Dragon Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Here
  • Seen Jun 13, 2005
I'm searching for Charmander and Seviper..*runs around in the grass franticaly*
Well theres goo news and bad news
Good:My Seviper Ditto Couple are putting off many eggs...
Bad: It just keeps going and going and....

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
ah well, we can't get discouraged. keep up the good work everybody!

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Shuko said:
Anyway, that kinda made me wonder. Is it possible for other trainers' pokemon to be shiny? I've heard of pokemon in the battle tower coming up shiny, but what about the other NPC's in the game? Anyone seen what I'm talking about?

I havent seen it personally but I heard there is a chance (the same odds as finding one wild) that a trainer will have a shiny pokemon.

Shuko said:
Oh, and I'm not giving up until I get a shiny Treecko. :) I WILL HAVE IT! Muahahahahah!

I was breeding Treeckos for a while to get a female (Did I get one you ask? Of course not :[) so I got about a dozen lol.

Years
I think the shininess of trainer Pok?mon is predetermined. I think no trainer has them in normal play because they're supposed to be more of an easter egg.

I'm contemplating looking for a shiny Dratini at the Game Corner. Any recommendations on a no-egg-move moveset? Special'nite perhaps?

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Crystal Butterfree said:
I'm infront of Groundon at the moment and turning it on then off for a shiny.

Good luck! *Shoots the thumbs up* I've tried with that one before, but to no avail. I hope you get it! Gold Groudon are soooo cool-looking! Almost as cool as that black Rayquaza! *Droolz*

MetalMario said:
I think the shininess of trainer Pok?mon is predetermined. I think no trainer has them in normal play because they're supposed to be more of an easter egg.

I'm contemplating looking for a shiny Dratini at the Game Corner. Any recommendations on a no-egg-move moveset? Special'nite perhaps?

I'm no good with movesets, but good luck on that Dratini! I tried for a shiny abra once. I bought so many of the darn things over and over again! >_< Never got one. I dunno if it would work or not, but since the stats were different every time, my guess is you have the same odds. I'd just save up as many coins as you can and buy a bunch of them, until you run out of coins. If you don't get any shinies, restart and try again. :P Of course, that's probably what you have in mind anyway, isn't it?

Last edited:
Years
I'm thinking I'd go in with 5 free slots, then try for a bunch. I'm also thinking that the subpunch/boltbeam set could work fine. I've got the TM & tutor both ready.

Maybe I'll try for something with that Delibird, first...

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
NPC shinies

Shuko,
Oh how frustrating that must have been for you! I don't think the shiny poochyena is the prettiest shiny but I would hate to see it and not be able to catch it! I am in the process of doing the same thing you are doing.(trying to get a shiny starter in Sapphire) I had been wondering if that could happen, now I dread the possibility. Lately I have even gotten paranoid with my gameplay. I used to take my time leveling up and getting to the first battle with my rival, but now when I start the game I rush through it so that I have pokeballs sooner. (I start my games over quite often.) I wish you much luck in your quest to find a shiny starter. I also hope that one day soon when you least expect it, you find and catch a shiny Ralts.
Kim

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
Okey dokey, time to add more pokemon to the dex, and remove those few that I added for pkmaster.

MetalMario said:
This is correct. All trainer's pokemon have predetermined dvs, and (with the exception of those three shiny trainer pokemon) will never be shiny. The battle tower pokemon are generated just as you see them, so you can see shinies there. The first Poocheyna, and Wallys Raltz can be shiny also.

Oh, btw, the three shiny pokemon I mentioned are in the Trainer Tower in FR/LG. Meowth, Seaking, and Espeon.

BeameR

Lover
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 17, 2006
neone have an idea of a shiny i should go for, i am playing through leaf green to get ne pokes for emerald, i just need a hand, what shiny pokes should i look for, like what do u think would benefit a team, i am willing to replace neone on my team so feel free to post ne

;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2011
*Gameboy on, Gameboy off, Gameboy on, Gameboy off.*

Still no luck of the shiny Grondon... After I get shiny Groundon, I'm gonna try get a shiny Torchic.

Jerkyguy

Dragon Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Here
  • Seen Jun 13, 2005
pfft good luck
*gameboy on, Stupid oak talks Gameboy off*
...Shiny Charmander Hunting...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2011
*Gameboy on, Gameboy off, Gameboy on, Gameboy off.*

Great... My brother just caught a shiny Machop... *Glares at brother...*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
are you serious? was he looking for one? or was it just dumb luck?

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Lord Jaws said:
I was breeding Treeckos for a while to get a female (Did I get one you ask? Of course not :[) so I got about a dozen lol.

Typical, I go home and start breeding them again, while shiny hunting near Lanette's House in Sapphire, and the second one I hatch is female, and the third! :) Now I can make my McSceptile!

Back