• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The guidebook!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Every Pokemon game up until now has had a guidebook. In Unova we had an awesome special holographic guidebook, and each generally are extremely comprehensive and make it way easier to play the games. Do you think we'll see another guidebook for these games? Will you be buying it? Why or why not? What do you think will be in it? What do you want to see in it? Do you think they'll release more than one? Share those and any other related thoughts to the topic!

Guy

just a guy
Years
It's almost a guarantee that X and Y will have their own guidebook. I doubt I'll be buying one though. Unless you're a collector, buying the guidebooks are just a waste of money when you can find everything online, and for free no less!

Like most guidebooks before, I expect these to have details on all of the new Pokémon, a complete walkthrough of the game, and detail on the region map and all its different locations, as well as other secrets that you won't typically find so easily. Not to mention, explanation on new game mechanics and features that will be introduced. There will definitely be some good stuff in there, but again, nothing you couldn't generally find on the internet nowadays.

Oh, and no guidebook is ever complete without a complimentary poster! Got to have one of those in there.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
There will most likely be one or two (or more since they split the Pokedex from the main game guide iirc).
I doubt I'll be getting it early on. Maybe if it's on sale (like my BW2 Collector's Edition guide) at a later date. Like Aerilyn said, not so much to refer and stuff but to make that inner collector in me that little bit happier :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For me I'm not sure. I got B/W's because it was awesome and I skipped Sinnoh and I got almost like everything before and I skipped B2/W2 too...

I guess it depends entirely on the cover art and if they offer it for purchase at the time lmao. :( But generally I wouldn't use it. I certainly didn't use B/W's much :x

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It'll get made without a doubt, but with the existence of Serebii/Bulbagarden/etc. there isn't much point to getting them anymore. I'd rather get the information for free and more than likely quicker like that then going out and spending the money to have a physical copy of the book.

Sirfetch’d

It will be made for sure, however I won't be purchasing it. As Jake mentioned it is much easier just to access all of the information you need online.

Back