• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#4: Raikou vs. Suicune vs. Entei

Which is your favorite legendary beast/dog?

• Total voters
Years
After a few weeks off, we're back up and running with our fourth installment of the Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokemon Voting Polls! Since the Pokemon vs. Pokemon polls have seemed to be the most successful so far, we'll be continuing forward with that format again this week. Again, just a reminder that all PC and PVP rules apply, including...
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be up for a warning or an infraction.
This week's POTW was suggested by Knormageddon (who'll get an emblem for the suggestion), and while it isn't the first time it's been asked in PVP, it fits perfectly with the latest installment of Twitch Plays Pokemon. So with that being said...

Which is your favorite legendary beast/dog: Raikou, Suicune or Entei?

Alright, enough from me- time to get voting!

Years
I solely choose by design, and the certain characteristics I find most charming,

I like all of these, though not equally.

Suicune gets my vote for the glistening head piece, white gale-tassels, purple cape-like mane, diamond patterning, and pointed snout. It's a perfect mix of regal, elegant, and formidable.

Raikou is the runner up. I love the purple, cyan, and yellow palette and tiger-like concept. Though, it falls short a bit, for me, in comparison to Suicune. Though, it's one of my favorite legendaries.

I do like entei as well. The large paws with braces, and handle-bar stauche accented with red and yellow fur and crown are really great. Not a fan of the brown, black, grey, white, red, yellow, and beige color scheme (one or two colors too many). Additionally, the spikes AND cape-like mane on his back seem a bit discordant. Overall, I like it better than most legendaries despite these few things.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I kinda like them all pretty equally. I think by straight looks I like Suicune. However, I never used it. Only Entei in Gale of Darkness or Colleseum, I forgot which one. Actually, scratch that, I used Suicune as well. However, a big reason why I like Entei is because once you get trapped in his fire in Super Smash Bros. Melee it's over. And I loved when I got him. :D

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Entei.

The other two are cool, but whenever I think of Entei - especially in that Pokemon movie - I think of Mufasa from the Lion King from some reason, and come on I mean how can anyone not like Mr. James Earl Jones?
However, a big reason why I like Entei is because once you get trapped in his fire in Super Smash Bros. Melee it's over. And I loved when I got him. :D

Jesus, don't even get me started on that. Anytime a legendary Pokemon appears in SSB, you literally just have to pray that you don't get hit (i.e thanks a lot Latios and Latias....)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely has to be Suicune for me; I just love its beautiful- and elegant-looking design. When battling, it could make a great staller. Thanks to its huge defenses and access to Rest and Sleep Talk, this Pokémon is impossible stop. Due to its Water Absorb ability, it gets its health restored as well when struck by water attacks, which is a plus. Besides Suicune, though, I also like Entei. It played a huge role in Spell of the Unown movie. :p

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I vote suicune :) i have always thought of it being the best of the threesome (mainly for its part in voice of the forest), and its not hard to remember how long it took me to get to it in soul silver.

Overall i have had many more interactions with suicune than the other legendary dogs so its not a surprise that its my favorite

Years
I picked Suicune as well, because it's very beautiful looking, a Water-type (I love Water Pokemon of course) and it was the only one I caught in SoulSilver. I'm not as much of a fan of the other two compared to Suicune.

Years
Entei for me.

It looks majestic and fearsome. I love it's design and I think that sort of furriness it has over the other two adds a lot to its appearance, especially with those huge paws. Then when I think of its role in the movie - so much badass how could I not vote for it?

Years
Voted for Suicune because the design is beautiful and I have a personal preference for Water-type Pokemon. Doesn't hurt that it also has a very nice colour to it~ Overall, in my opinion, Suicune stands out from the other 2.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
In my opinion, Entei just "looks" the most legendary out of the three. Not sure how to describe it, but Entei just gives the impression of raw power, and if I were confronted with the three of them IRL, I'd think Raikou and Suicune look cool, but Entei would scare the crap out of me xD

Buuuuut...Raikou and Entei both lose points for being wimps and running from so much as a Sunkern, so I have to give my vote to Suicune.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm among the minority here; I like Raikou, with Suicune coming close. I like Raikou's theme in HeartGold/SoulSilver; it's also not that bad in battle.

Years
Woohoo!

I chose Entei, because I felt more attached to it than the other beasts (because of the movie with Unown). I also normally prefer Fire-type, so it was an easy choice for me.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Raikou, but of course! It's been my favorite legendary ever since it was the first one I caught way back in Gold version. The first legendary period that I caught, that is.

I really love its design- the purple cloud cape is a neat concept for something that's cited to have a cry that sounds like crashing thunder. It's also as of yet the only saber-toothed tiger Pokemon we have. And its stats suit my fighting style perfectly- Speed, Speed, and more Speed, with Special Attack to back it up.

Entei comes second and Suicune third, incidentally, although it's pretty close between them.

Years
I also like Raikou the most out of the three, both in terms of design and usability. Suicune is surely second, though, they're both good for what they have.

Shhmew

Years
I love them all so much, but Suicune is my favorite. Maybe the 4th movie and Crystal made me biased, but it just seems the most elegant and beautiful and mysterious. <3

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2016
Pokemon Crystal was the first Pokemon game I got to play all by myself, and I loved that I could actually have the opportunity to catch one of the dogs.

For that very same reason is why Raikou is my least favourite. He was so hard to catch, and when my sister and I finally caught him, the game crashed; wiping out all of the data.

So Suicine, definitely. Plus I loved the 4th movie.

Years
Another week, and another POTW goes by! Out of the three legendary beasts, I've always preferred Entei. Though The Spell of the Unown did improve my opinion on Entei even further, it wasn't much of a contest for me anyway, as I never did much care for either Suicune or Raikou. Maybe if Suicune were Ice type rather than Water, I would've enjoyed using it a little bit more.

Remember, any previous PokéPOTWs are still open for discussion and voting, even if destickied, so feel free to keep answering the topic if you haven't had your say. POTW #5 should be up very shortly, so stay tuned!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Entei.

Raikou and Suicune look really stupid, especially Raikou. But Entei's cool and not because he's a fire-type. Also, Entei is a great physical attacker, especially since he got Sacred Fire (no longer having to rely on Flare Blitz, especially when it's weak to SR, and having access to a move with a 47.5% chance to burn).

Back