• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Indexing and Inserting Sprites

luker05

Banned
Years
Okay, update on my situation. Aparently the only problem I get is when I need to insert a back sprite and it tries to load it. I'll post my back sprite here, and can someone try replacing bulbasaur in FR, and using him?
HEre's the sprite:
litscorput8.gif

Just try inserting it over bulbasaurs back sprite in FR, then selecting bulbasaur and begin the fight with gary

NatureKeeper

Jagold, Umm.. It'd be nice to post a tutorial how to edit cries too! :)

School days again...
Years
Questions:
How to change the color of the back sprite? Because when I tried on my rom, it has a shiny color.
Why is it blurred and small :-)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2013
i couldnt get it to work
i was trying to make machamp be four arms from ben 10 lol

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hey DJG, to make the sprite appear right in unLZ (so it isn't the original Pokemon if you repointed in the new palette) delete the .spr and the .pal files and then the Pokemon's image should appear find ;) But it may be in a new position in unLZ :\

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay, update on my situation. Aparently the only problem I get is when I need to insert a back sprite and it tries to load it. I'll post my back sprite here, and can someone try replacing bulbasaur in FR, and using him?
HEre's the sprite:
litscorput8.gif

Just try inserting it over bulbasaurs back sprite in FR, then selecting bulbasaur and begin the fight with gary

um... what was your problem again?

What palette? I'm sorry if I really don't understand.

pallete is the color of the sprites...

Jagold, Umm.. It'd be nice to post a tutorial how to edit cries too! :)

I am wondering how to do that as well... :(

Questions:
How to change the color of the back sprite? Because when I tried on my rom, it has a shiny color.

after you inserted your front sprite together with it's color, you don't have to insert the backsprites alelte 'cause you already done that with the front sprite...

i couldnt get it to work
i was trying to make machamp be four arms from ben 10 lol

what is your problem? :\

Hey DJG, to make the sprite appear right in unLZ (so it isn't the original Pokemon if you repointed in the new palette) delete the .spr and the .pal files and then the Pokemon's image should appear find ;) But it may be in a new position in unLZ :\

I already knew that. :P
thanks~

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Oh, well there's a refresh if you forgot :P
My friend keeps trying this tut but whenever he does it and he goes to the sprite in-game, the game freezes. What could be causing that, he did all the steps that you did but it doesn't work :\

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2009
Hi Jagold. I would like to say thank you for creating an awesome game which is Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends. I love the game so much. I recently changed the sprite of your Shadow Lugia with a custom sprite I found on the net.

But I am having a problem with it. The sprite appears okay within the pokedex but appears distorted when in battle. I could provide a screenshot but since this is my first post, I am not allowed to do a direct linking to other sites. I could send it to you via e-mail if you need to see it. This is my e-mail address; [email protected]

By the way, you can use the sprite for any of your project. No need to credit me or anything. I just hope you could help me out here.

I am from Malaysia BTW.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Oh, well there's a refresh if you forgot :P
My friend keeps trying this tut but whenever he does it and he goes to the sprite in-game, the game freezes. What could be causing that, he did all the steps that you did but it doesn't work :\

Maybe he did something wrong during the process, or he accidentally overwrote an offset which was used by the ROM...
It could also be possible that the failed to repoint it successfully...

Hi Jagold. I would like to say thank you for creating an awesome game which is Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends. I love the game so much. I recently changed the sprite of your Shadow Lugia with a custom sprite I found on the net.

But I am having a problem with it. The sprite appears okay within the pokedex but appears distorted when in battle. I could provide a screenshot but since this is my first post, I am not allowed to do a direct linking to other sites. I could send it to you via e-mail if you need to see it. This is my e-mail address; [email protected]

By the way, you can use the sprite for any of your project. No need to credit me or anything. I just hope you could help me out here.

I am from Malaysia BTW.

Hm...
What may be the problem?
How could it be okay in the dex, since there's no Nat. Dex in the game?

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2009
Hahah, thanks so much for this.
When I insert my sprites I always use Pokepic.
Is that the same thing?
Oh, and I never really used a Free Space Finder. :p
Hopefully this works now

KieronGames

May be more active
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 24, 2012
hey i have one question:
In RR there was GIRATINA but it sounded the same as D/P/P's how is that???

Questions:
Hey I had a problem like that:
I was inserting my sprite known as ANGELON and it came out as a broken sprite.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2009
Sorry for not explaining. I used a cheat code to complete my pokedex. Actually the picture in the "Summary" of pokemon appears okay. But like I said, the battle sprite I mean, the back sprite is distorted (the color is weird). Is there a tutorial to change the back sprite? or changing the palette correctly?

Edit:

Thanks for replying 874521 and Jagold. I tried to do an experiment again today. I managed to import my custom Dark Lugia back sprite into my rom. It came out perfect during battle. But when I import the front sprite into the rom, the front sprite color is distorted. If I do the front sprite first, then the back sprite is distorted. So, what I did is put in the same RGB values for both front and back sprite (I mean the palette) but this time the front sprite is distorted and the back sprite is fine. How do we make sure that both front and back sprite has the same palette? I'm getting really confused... I hope you could help.

Last edited:

School days again...
Years

Khan6195

Michael Jackson Died. Parté!
Years
Nice! It helped a lot! I might use this guide more often, or atleast until I can memorize it. :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2009
Great news! I finally solved the distorted back sprite problem I think...

Here's what I did.

1) I followed Jagold's tutorial when I made my custom back sprite. After decreasing the color depth from 256 to 16, copy the exact RGB values of your front sprite, I mean the palette, to your back sprite.

2) You must copy all 16 color of your front sprite palette into your back sprite. After that use Unlz-GBA and first insert your front sprite and then your back sprite. Jagold's Dark Lugia looks AWESOME now!!

I want to post some screenies but I'll have to wait then. Thanks for helping me out Jagold and all the members of this community :)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay pipz...
I updated the tutorial.
This time, I added how to put your back sprites on your ROM.

Hopefully, this will be useful to you all.
Good day~

Back