• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2010
I have this idea which I cant participate on until late December or something, anyways. Its all about planning on a set of 6 Pokemon before you start you journey and then plug them in once you start. Rules are somewhat simple. Sometimes, limitations give benefits. ( will come down )

1- All Pokemon are allowed except starters. ( see limitations )
2- Your set can contain maximum ONE legendary, even tho I dont ecourage it. ( all of them are allowed except Arceus ).
3- Event Pokemon are allowed ( and this includes legenedaries as well ).
4- Breeding for IVs, natures, abilities and egg moves are allowed. ( you'll be smart if you do this ).
5- Hacked Pokemon are Not allowed.
6- Emulators, hmmm, I dont really encourage that, I really hate it, but wont say no.
7- You can only play this on P/D/Pt/HG/SS.
8- The use of the same Pokemon is not against the rules, but its just " not fun ".
9- HM Slaves are totally fine.
10- All Pokemon must start as unevolved Pokemon and then evolve them at will. ( except*)

Limitations being :-
1- Legendaries can only be used when your team is as this legendary's level. Say you choose Lati@s which is level 30, you will only be allowed to use your other 5 until they reach 30 and then add it.
2- Starters can only be obtained by limiting yourself to choose your set of Pokemon from a certain region, and that gives you the ability to use ONE started of that region. Say you would like to get Charmander, then you need to make the other 5 of your set to be Kanto Pokemon.
3- Pokemon whom evolved independent on levels can be added directly to your set ( like you can add Steelix instead of Onix because level 1 or 100 Onix can evolve into stealix if traded with Metal coat, like-wise, Scyther. )

You will be considered a winner if you beat the league ( DPPt ) or Red ( HG/SS )
I hope this is clear, I did this before and its quite fun. see you!

Years
...that is - when disregarding the limitations - pretty much how I start about any run, except that I don't really care that much for IVs/EVs/natures perfectionism (except if I get a nature that REALLY sucks) and prefer letting my team spawn at level 2 or 3 on the first route instead of doing time-consuming egg stuff.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2010
Well, this is my idea of a challenge. I mean working on your set ( this means everything, eggmoves natures .. etc ) before you start and then beat the game with that team gives a satisfying feeling. The truth is, I dont mind using Pokesav to save time, but nothing guarantees if the user will not just 31 all IVs and 255 everything, this way is quite annoying and gives you an unbelievable advantage, which its not fun, this why I try that ppl dont use Pokesav, but yeah using the Pokemon modified cheat to get them respawn on the first route is comepletely fine with me :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I have a couple of ideas for challenges that I thought I might post here, since I don't want to partake in one as I don't want to start my games again.

Random Egg Challenge: Participants will be given 1-5 eggs from other users and have to complete the game using those Pokemon. They will be allowed to use other Pokemon as well, but their Egg Pokemon should be the main Pokemon in the team. The people giving the Eggs will get to choose their Pokemon and would have to give them so they have almost hatched. The participants will not get to choose their Pokemon (to increase the challenge).
Obviously you wouldn't give crap Pokemon like Magikarp or Smeargle, but you could give someone like a Rotom or Slugma or Seedot to start with and they wouldn't know.

Everstone Challenge: Basically, you treat every Pokemon as if it were holding an everstone. Just don't evolve it at all. Eg: If you were to catch a Spearow, it wouldn't be allowed to evolve, whereas it would not be against the rules if one had something like a Tentacruel, so long as they caught it as one.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
Well, this is my idea of a challenge. I mean working on your set ( this means everything, eggmoves natures .. etc ) before you start and then beat the game with that team gives a satisfying feeling. The truth is, I dont mind using Pokesav to save time, but nothing guarantees if the user will not just 31 all IVs and 255 everything, this way is quite annoying and gives you an unbelievable advantage, which its not fun, this why I try that ppl dont use Pokesav, but yeah using the Pokemon modified cheat to get them respawn on the first route is comepletely fine with me :D

I do that all the time.
Im a very planning sort of person.
Actually, I think everybody does that.
Nobody goes in a run and doesn't know what their pokemon is capable of.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Obviously you wouldn't give crap Pokemon like Magikarp or Smeargle, but you could give someone like a Rotom or Slugma or Seedot to start with and they wouldn't know.

Go away and never come back. :( -swats you-

But anyway, I like the egg challenge. But maybe trade more eggs at certain points in the game? idek. :( I wouldn't be able to do it because of lack of wifi, however I do have eggs on random games and I don't know what is supposed to hatch out of them. :| Hur hur. The other one sounds like an NFE challenge, but with the perk of being able to catch an evolved Pokemon.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
I like the egg challenge too! It seems really cool, It's sorta like the random pokemon challenge, but others decide what you get, and you dont know until the eggs hatch. also, there is technically no crap pokemon, as magikarp evolves in Gyarados, and Weedle into Beedrill.

Should I start it?

It would be difficult to get more playing, and this kind of challenge requires more people, as you will need to trade with all of them. As tempting as it would be, it seems demanding to run. All I can do is beg someone else to start it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2010
the egg idea sounds really good, but the communication between the players ( I mean trading ) will be very hard.

Years
If I had the same pokes as you I would name them

Nitro,AeroSprrw,Dave,Cuzco,Pringels and J.T

Nitro cause mine was called Nitro
AeroSprrw because AeroSparrow a pun on Aerodactly and Spearow
Dave cause of this
Spoiler:
<its an image not a spoiler
Cuzco because of a I saw a Disney-Nicknamed run of Pokemon White and it was called Cuzco
Pringles because it's the Pringels man
and J.T is for the same reason as Pringles.

I'm bored maybe I'll do a Monolocke later :3 (Monotype Nuzlocke) despite the fact Im doing a Platinum,HG and White Nuzlocke.But who cares I'm not in the mood to grind :PP

Heh, I loved that guy's run. Quite entertaining and comedic, and of course he used ranculus, just try not to spend too much time on you know where, you'll get all corrupted and I'm never in the mood to grind, its quite ardous.

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
I've had this idea for a challenge for a little while, but I'm not sure how to word it, and also doubt I'm active enough to really run it. So anyone else is free to take the idea.

It's basically, a Mono-species run. Don't mistake it for a Solo-run, or a mono-type. Basically, the idea is to use pokemon of one type of animal. It doesn't have to be PERFECT, but very close in resemblance, atleast. Also, I figured only 1 legendary per team is permitted, but not recommended.

Example: If you were to choose Dogs, you would have a team of, let's say, Houndoom, Arcanine, Manectric, Mightyena (I know, Hyena, not a dog...close enough) Granbul, and maybe one of the legendary beasts or something.

Birds? Swellow, Pidgeot, Fearow, Starraptor, Noctowl, and let's say Zapdos.

Dragons? Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Rayquaza.

Mice/Rodents? Sandslash, Raticate, Raichu, Pachirisu, Furret

As you can see, there's certainly a lot of common families to choose from, and I would love to do a challenge like this, just don't have the time to run the thread myself.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Rage?

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I've had this idea for a challenge for a little while, but I'm not sure how to word it, and also doubt I'm active enough to really run it. So anyone else is free to take the idea.

It's basically, a Mono-species run. Don't mistake it for a Solo-run, or a mono-type. Basically, the idea is to use pokemon of one type of animal. It doesn't have to be PERFECT, but very close in resemblance, atleast. Also, I figured only 1 legendary per team is permitted, but not recommended.

Example: If you were to choose Dogs, you would have a team of, let's say, Houndoom, Arcanine, Manectric, Mightyena (I know, Hyena, not a dog...close enough) Granbul, and maybe one of the legendary beasts or something.

Birds? Swellow, Pidgeot, Fearow, Starraptor, Noctowl, and let's say Zapdos.

Dragons? Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Rayquaza.

Mice/Rodents? Sandslash, Raticate, Raichu, Pachirisu, Furret

As you can see, there's certainly a lot of common families to choose from, and I would love to do a challenge like this, just don't have the time to run the thread myself.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Rage?

It's already existing, it's the Groups Challenge! Link here.

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
Ah, wow. Never noticed that thread before. It's not exactly what I was thinking, but close enough. Thanks!

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I think I may have an idea for a Colosseum/XD challenge. How about you can only catch all the Shadow Pokemon with a Pokeball? You can still catch a pokemon with a Great Ball or Ultra Ball, but if you do, you must use that pokemon on your team. (meaning you can only use a ball other than a regular Pokeball 6 times, for each 6 pokemon on your team) Every other pokemon besides those 6 must be caught with a Pokeball. You can't skip a pokemon either; you must catch all of the Shadow Pokemon in the game.

Hopefully that was semi-understandable.

Years
I think I may have an idea for a Colosseum/XD challenge. How about you can only catch all the Shadow Pokemon with a Pokeball? You can still catch a pokemon with a Great Ball or Ultra Ball, but if you do, you must use that pokemon on your team. (meaning you can only use a ball other than a regular Pokeball 6 times, for each 6 pokemon on your team) Every other pokemon besides those 6 must be caught with a Pokeball. You can't skip a pokemon either; you must catch all of the Shadow Pokemon in the game.

Hopefully that was semi-understandable.

I understand it, but it doesn't seem too unique, tbh. It seems like the catch them all challenge but with restrictions, and shadow pokemon aren't that much harder to snag.
I mean the games ARE based around catching shadow's but its quite possible to catch pokemon easily with a pokeball, depending on certain factors and of course, chance.
It may be difficult but challenges should be worth the challenger's time as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As a big Colosseum fan, I can honestly say I've done that on my own without a challenge even being on my mind. As a challenge, it sounds horrendously boring and I doubt many people would join. For a Colosseum/XD challenge, I would rather see a no Purification challenge (unless for story progression, but then you couldn't use that Particular Pokemon anymore). That would be a challenge. I might consider posting that, but hell, I can't even keep up with the Favorite Challenge. I had to drop out of that recently.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I have an idea for a nice challenge.

Basically, you choose from one to six items.
Then you take the starting letter of every item, and you choose one Pokèmon per letter.

Say, if I choose:

Full Restore, Max Revive, Sacred Ash, Master Ball, Zap Plate.

Then I could make a team composed of:

Flareon, Metagross, Squirtle, Marshtomp, Zapdos.

They can be also non-fully evolved Pokèmon, and only one Legendary.

What do you think?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like it. I like any challenge that includes legendaries tbh, because they're left out. Only problem with that is...I feel like something should be added? But there's not much. Like...you have to use those items? XD;

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Yeah that challenge should have a "You must use that Item" rule. And for a harder extent "You must only use said Item on said Pokemon" (Only use Revives on Rampardos)

On a Unrelated note: Im not gonna
thumbnail.aspx
a love song.Cause you asked
thumbnail.aspx
cause you need one.

Years
I like it. I like any challenge that includes legendaries tbh, because they're left out. Only problem with that is...I feel like something should be added? But there's not much. Like...you have to use those items? XD;

How about the 6 items you choose are the only items you can use in the run?
Nice idea btw, Porygon-Z

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That would be too difficult I think. Because Full Restores obviously aren't in the beginning of the game, nor are Revives. But hey, something can be worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back