• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
And that's my cue to excuse myself and pretend I said nothing ....

*sobs uncontrollably and embarrassingly"

Btw still haven't reached the end of 1, I guess I got something to do while I wait

lol well, you see, most of the stuff you wanted isn't going to happen. I mean, Kabuto is in the hack so there's a Chance you may catch a shiny one. And the starters are Dragonite/Salamance/Garchomp to continue where part 1 left off.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
Isn't there a way to use the live beta system or for the beta testers give them a weekly REVISION like:

Pre-Alpha 0.1 Rev355. Such as SKJMIN did in New Super Mario Bros 3.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Although that icon patch is nice and all and inserting the routine is fairly easy.
It is still a bit buggy, E.g. it'll show you the special split outside of battle but in battle
everything will still be physical.

Um, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Xwe8FvauI

It comes onto the screen a bit sooner than it should but otherwise works just fine if you insert it properly.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Lastly, can we have another starter? Something Magikarpy... starts out very weak but has crazy potential? Real, fake, doesn't matter so long as it has 3 stages and they are far enough apart (not like butterfree) and each stage has a destinct vibe so people don't just say "awww crap, why don't you just evolve already!!!" But cool enough to make you wanna mascot it like ash's pikachu that could possibly have a hold item that gigaboosts it like the afformentioned pikachu (like a lightball )
That would kill the feeling of sequel ;)

think about DR3..... what will happen...
Yeah... I wonder too... DRG stated that she wants a trilogy but we're supposed to defeat Darugis in DR2...

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
OMG can't wait to play this amazing hack!The graphics look amazing and also the pokemon from 6th generation is available,especially Xerneas and Yveltal,yay!
Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Hey DRG, I was just playing Life of Guardians and I was thinking of two ideas you might want to put either in this hack or the next one.

1. An ultimate move for each type in the game. I already posted something like this in the Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians thread so you can check it out there what my idea was but basically, every type has some significantly powerful move (but still has enough drawbacks to prevent the move from being overpowered) that can only be learned by that type. Each move should have different effects from one another, to prevent from just being a bunch of carbon copies of one another (for example a move that decreases or increases multiple stats by two stages, a move that inflicts status effects like freeze 100% of the time, a move with high base power and a high chance to land a critical hit, etc.). These can be found in the form of TMs that are very difficult to obtain or the player could only be allowed to teach a limited number of them to their pokemon.

2. A branching storyline, preferably where the player can choose to be evil. I absolutely love hacks that do this. Playing the role of the selfless, melodramatic hero who saves the land from all the evil gets boring after the fifty billionth time.

Anyways, good luck with this hack.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
Good hack, DarkRisingGirl. The white color doesn't look good on the hiker. And can you make the hack easier? Thank's for reading.

Years
Hey DRG could u please specify the video name for me please? I try to follow the link but it says The Webpage is not available. It's happening probably because I live in Bangladesh and all, so please tell me. BTW, I think Oren's sprite needs to improve. It's looks too much MS Paintish if ya know what I mean.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
Hey DRG could u please specify the video name for me please? I try to follow the link but it says The Webpage is not available. It's happening probably because I live in Bangladesh and all, so please tell me. BTW, I think Oren's sprite needs to improve. It's looks too much MS Paintish if ya know what I mean.

The video's name is "Pokemon Dark Rising Soundtrack".

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Years
Heard the music nicely done but I know I keep bugging u with the same question over and over again but is there any chance that u r gonna put The Magician's intro theme from House of The Dead 2 into the game. I promise I will never bug with the same question ever again but please tell me DRG, I gots to know.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
News from the Hologram Devision of the Team, Im working on some new Sprites as we speak, Hopefully DRG will add them in as Post Story Holo-Trainers

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Just so I know, you said you updated the mechanics of DR1 and DR2 to match Diamond and Pearl's mechanics. I was wondering three things.

1. Did you update in DR1 / are you going to update already existing attacks from Gen I-III to match what they are in Gen IV? For example, sandstorm increases special defense of rock type pokemon by double in IV, but did not in II-III. Similarly, Hail makes Blizzard hit with 100% accuracy in IV, but not III, and Giga Drain also got more pp and higher power in IV IIRC.

2. Did you do anything to the HMs in either game? As someone who likes to put together strategic movesets, it gets rather frustrating when I have to waste a moveslot on some craptastic move like Flash or Cut.

3. How many abilities and moves from Gen IV did you put in DR1 and how many are you planning on putting in this game?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 13, 2020
Hey everyone. To showcase some of the amazing new music being produced by Jillsandwich93 for Pokemon Dark Rising 2, I'd decided to give everyone a little teaser of Darugis's Theme
Does this get you more pumped to finally face the monster?
If you guys liked that, then hopefully the actual in-game version will be as legit. haha

(Also I just realized I need to get my post count up if I want to make music updates, but that's another story).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back